• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OFFICIAL: Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge winner is LOWELLHIGH79

It's official guys, Danny Young (Lowellhigh79) stomped the competition and took home first place in the highly coveted Sport Compact Car's 2006 Ultimate Street Car Challenge competition.

Let's all give Danny a round of applause for achieving something no NSX, let alone any Honda has ever accomplished before; winning the Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge.

SCC0612.jpg

Congrats again Danny!!

Re: OFFICIAL: Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge winner is LOWELLHIGH79

Congrats Danny! Way to represent for the community. It was hard for us to hold in the info for these past few months:)

Sandy, are your public relations services available for hire? You are doing an excellent job:biggrin:

Re: OFFICIAL: Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge winner is LOWELLHIGH79

Factor X Motorsports said:
Congrats Danny! Way to represent for the community. It was hard for us to hold in the info for these past few months:)

Sandy, are your public relations services available for hire? You are doing an excellent job:biggrin:

Hey Ken,

I hope all is well. Danny sure did a heck of a job at USCC. FactorX needs to make it a 2peat for the NSX next year at USCC. :smile:

Take care,
Sandy

Congrats Danny, your definitely a hero to the NSX community and thanks for representing us!! Danny, all the work and effort you put into it paid off.... I'm glad you took home the trophy!! Now its time to throw a big ass party!!

CONGRATS!!! Is the issue on the stands yet?

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the congrats. Not sure where to begin, so I'll start with... THANK YOU AUTOWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Without Autowave, winning USCC with an NSX would still be just a dream. I can't say enough nor compliment Autowave enough; they deserve all the credit. Reliability and modesty of a Honda/ Acura service shop, now USCC winning NSX performance tuning! Thanks Shane, Mark, Mike and Ron. Also Erik Messley of EMI racing (now reigning USCC road course champ!) and special thanks to Doug Hayashi for coming through in the clutch. I think we opened alot of eyes in the ENTIRE import car scene. This is a great win for not just the NSX community, but for all Honda cars.

Eventhough we were happy just to be there, it was pretty obvious by the middle of the FIRST day, that we were the car to beat. I can't say enough about the competition and the quality of people who participated. Just an awesome event and great people, made for an unforgettable, once in a lifetime experience. Hopefully we (NSXers) can keep this streak going next year. The issue should be in the mail today or tomorrow and on the newstands by the 19th.

Best Regards

Danny

Mike: Does Mark have any pics we can post up for all to enjoy?

Last edited:

my1stnsx said:
Congrats Danny, your definitely a hero to the NSX community and thanks for representing us!! Danny, all the work and effort you put into it paid off.... I'm glad you took home the trophy!! Now its time to throw a big ass party!!

I'm bringing the car down after SEMA (won't be in the show because I couldn't tell anyone!@%$#@@!). Hey Shane! Party at Autowave?

Danny

Excuse my ignorance but what was the challenge?
Congrats by the way.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Excuse my ignorance but what was the challenge?
Congrats by the way.

Armando

Direct from SCC's Website...

The Gauntlet of Tests

Base Price
To equalize the playing field, the judges include a Base Price test. The higher the cost of the car when new, the lower the score.

Car Show
A panel of car show judges, assembled from around the country, award points based on styling, custom interior treatments, paint, engine, bodywork, audio innovation and more.

Drivability
The judging look for driver ergonomics and overall drivability on street courses.

Emissions
Each car will be subjected to an old-style, two-speed emission test to determine HC, CO, and Nox emissions of each toxin at both speeds.

Fuel Mileage
Each car is topped off with high-octane pump gas, and a tape seal is placed on the fuel door. Each driver will be given a specific route book to follow and the transit will end at another gas station. At the second station the tank will again be filled and the score will be based on the number of gallons needed to refill the tank.

Grandma
Yo mama will ride in each car over a prescribed street route. She will rank the cars however she sees fit, but we think she'll prefer the comfortable ones.

Gross Display of Horsepower
An all-out display of power as each competitor is given a time limit to show his skill at car control and talent for big smokey burnouts.

Guru Panel
A panel of performance gurus, from today's leading aftermarket tuning companies, score the cars on build quality, technical execution and engineering fortitude.

Peak Power
Each car is dyno tested and points are awarded for peak wheel horsepower. Two dyno pulls per car and a maximum of five minutes allowed between pulls.

Power Delivery
This measurement attempts to rate the usability of the power-band by calculating the area under the torque curve.

Road Course
There will be two warm-up and familiarization laps, then each competitor will stop, let it sink in for a minute and have four or five laps to drive at speed. The timing lights will be placed so that the standing start on the first lap will not affect their first lap time. The fastest of the four laps will be scored.

Standing Quarter Mile
Points will be awarded for E.T. A maximum of three attempts will be allowed. No correction for altitude.

0-60 Acceleration
Points are awarded based on the quickest times from 0 to 60 mph.

Skidpad
A 200-foot skid-pad is used to measure the maximum lateral g-force attained by each car.

60-0 Braking
Points are awarded based on the distance traveled after braking from 60 mph to a complete stop.

Factor X Motorsports said:

Ken and Mike,

Thanks for holding it in for so long. Best of luck and KICK SOME ASS at the Time attack!!!!!!!!! I'll be rooting for you and let me know if I can be of any help

Best Regards,

Danny

Big congrats. You guys do the NSX community proud. Big big thumbs up.

not the mention the cars that the nsx was up against.

it went up against a

stripped out track 350Z
a 600+hp R32 GTR
a turbo Elise
2 built STi's, one built by apr, the other built by crawford racing
hasport crx
robispec EVO
HPA RSI turbo AWD beetle
LS7 swapped RX-7 FD.

you need to be good in everything to win. so track monsters or drag monsters don't do well usualy ( with the except with the GTR's )

Now one from across The Pond,

Congratulation to you Danny !!!!
And of course a big applause for your NSX.
Would love to get my hands on that magazine provided the whole tests are fully covered.
Do you have some down-to-earth numbers for us ??

Wow. Congratulations to all involved.

MvM said:
Now one from across The Pond,

Congratulation to you Danny !!!!
And of course a big applause for your NSX.
Would love to get my hands on that magazine provided the whole tests are fully covered.
Do you have some down-to-earth numbers for us ??

PM me your address and i'll send you a copy.

Regards,

Danny

Congrats danny. Is this issue on newsstands?

Congrats Danny!! That's one bad ass NSX you have there! Sandra is still has a huge smile from letting her take the car out for quick, no pun right ;) drive!

Nik and Sandra

Congratulations Danny,

This is an amazing achievement. All that hard work really paid off.

Many Congrats. You represent us well indeed..........and made us very very proud.........:smile:

The only thing left for us to do is to get a clean sweep..........hint hint! ..... Time Attack........:wink:

Best Regards
Paul

I can't wait till they hit the stands. :smile:

I'll look for it tonight! Way to represent! Your accomplishment fills all NSX owners with pride. Thank you.:biggrin:

Back