• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OFFICIAL: Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge winner is LOWELLHIGH79

Re: OFFICIAL: Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge winner is LOWELLHIGH79

Pulp Story Teller said:
Danny (and Team)
Nice job on the overall win and the fast lap at Streets of Willow!

I had a feeling you guys were going to do well on the track. I picked up some extra cash betting on you guys for winning the Fast Lap at Willow, taking your car with Messley driving vs. 9 other cars.

http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30577

-Doug

I'll bet on anything. Especially if Messley is driving

Doug,

Thanks so very much for lending me your parts. You know Erik, nothing left to chance, so Penskes and Big Ass Wing less than a week before the event. More stuff for Pulp legend......

Best Regards,

Danny

Re: OFFICIAL: Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge winner is LOWELLHIGH79

Hey dude, when is your next visit to S. Cal? Can wait to see your car again.

Just picked up some copies at Borders. Great write up and lots of pics of the NSX. Also nice shot of the team (Mark, Erik, Mike, Ed Loh, me) on the Editor's page (16). Hate my huge bald spot in the Girlfriend/ Ride Quality category picture on page 64. My wife didn't like the pic either, for other reasons:eek:

Best Regards,

Danny

Let's start planning on making it two in a row for the NSX. Anyone interested, contact Autowave.:wink:

:eek: Hellllll YEAH!!!!!...........way to pounce on some sport car A$$$$$$es !!:biggrin:

Congrats to Danny, Mike, Shane, Eric...for putting the NSX where it should be, ON TOP !!!

I am going to look for the mag now......so I can read it 100 times..:tongue:

Give your NSX a nice hand washing and buffing, new oil and fliuds, put its wheels up on a lift and clean the undertray....

thanks again for making us proud !!

Lito

Congrats Danny and Autowave!!! I used to go watch/root my DSM and EVO friends from Road/Race Engineering when they compete in the USCC so I am aware of the difficulties in the events. Much props as many did not think a turbo'ed NSX would be reliable enough for the tests.

lowellhigh79 said:
Doug,

Thanks so very much for lending me your parts. You know Erik, nothing left to chance, so Penskes and Big Ass Wing less than a week before the event. More stuff for Pulp legend......

Best Regards,

Danny

NICE... I KNEW that was the Flamemobiles B.A.W!

Now go hang out and keep "We Are The Champions" by Queen on a replay loop. Ya done real good!

Philip

Here are some pics of the 2006 USCC. The lotus elise has a supercharged rsx engine in it.

Attachments

• 2006USCC 001.jpg
    2006USCC 001.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 2006USCC 002.jpg
    2006USCC 002.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 2006USCC 003.jpg
    2006USCC 003.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 2006USCC 004.jpg
    2006USCC 004.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 2006USCC 005.jpg
    2006USCC 005.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Awesome job Danny...congrats and thanks for making us NSX Owners PROUD!!!!!

Much kudos to you sir......

I'll be at SEMA next week and hopefully if you are around, we will bump into each other...I'll buy you a beer/drink...lol

MIke

Congrats to you Danny and all of the guys who put in the work towards your car (don't want to list cuz I'm sure I'll miss someone).

here are few more not sure how to list them in all one reply. Erick was setting the suspension up for the drag racing part

Attachments

• 2006USCC 012.jpg
    2006USCC 012.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 2006USCC 013.jpg
    2006USCC 013.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 2006USCC 014.jpg
    2006USCC 014.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 2006USCC 018.jpg
    2006USCC 018.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 2006USCC 020.jpg
    2006USCC 020.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Woo hoo! Off to get my copy! :biggrin:

I got the copy too...

I read over and over again, can't find anything about the car's set up and mod list? Care to share?? :biggrin:

Looks like you got some very big wheels/tires there, and I found the "reinforcement bar" of the GT wing interesting, who made that??

NSXDreamer2 said:
I got the copy too...

I read over and over again, can't find anything about the car's set up and mod list? Care to share?? :biggrin:

I am guessing that is because they didn't have enough pages! :)

NSXDreamer2 said:
I got the copy too...

Looks like you got some very big wheels/tires there, and I found the "reinforcement bar" of the GT wing interesting, who made that??

Last month's issue discussed the set up of each car. Most of the NSX set up can be found on my profile and picture gallery. As for the wing, built for Doug Hayashi by EMI racing (Eric Messley/ Driver)

1992 Red (2820 lbs): Custom TwinTurbo/Twin 4-row Laminova ICs/Twin Tial wastegates & BOV/ Custom Hytech exhaust w/ Inconel shields, Motec M-48 Pro w/ CDI-8 ignition, Mercury Marine racing coils, Weldon 2345 fuel pump, 1000cc Bosch injectors. 3.0 litre sleeved block, CP 9.2:1 forged pistons, Oliver Billet Ti Con Rods, Custom head P&P and valvetrain, Custom WebCam camshafts and springs, inconel exhaust valves, Comptech Adjustable Cam Gears, ARP, Cometic, Billet mains.

Driveline: Tilton 3 carbon disc clutch w/ 300M Moore Performance axles (first and only).

Cooling: Fluidyne radiators x 2, Setrab oil coolers x 2, Meziere IC pump

Suspension: EMI Penske Triple adjustable/ comptech hollow sway bars
Brakes: 14.5" MMC rotors/ 8 piston Billet Brembos (F), 13.0" MMC rotors/ 4 piston Billet Brembos (R).

Wheels & Tires:18x8 & 18x10 Ferrari Challenge Speedline Magnesium, Yoko A048s: 225-40x18/ 285-30x18.

Accusump, Momo Acropolis, DEFI gauges and at least 80 ft of SS lin

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7098

Best Regards,

Danny

This is how to build an NSX. Man, after reading Nov and Dec I'm just more impressed. Way cool man. Please come out to NSXPO 2008 in Oregon. I wanna meet you and your car! :-D

NSXDreamer2 said:

That is Doug Hayashi's Flamemobile's Wing, it was a custom made wing that is a cheating bastard wing that allowed it to change angles on the fly, from what I recall it was made for OTC :D

Rylan who drives a very lightweight S2000 had a similar wing made by the same guy.

2slow2speed said:
That is Doug Hayashi's Flamemobile's Wing, it was a custom made wing that is a cheating bastard wing that allowed it to change angles on the fly, from what I recall it was made for OTC :D

Rylan who drives a very lightweight S2000 had a similar wing made by the same guy.

The pitch is adjustable, but not on the fly. Eric Messley of EMI. Super guy, and a great source for anything to do with cars. We're hoping to get ready for One Lap next year if our schedule fits.

SaberX: thanks for the kind words. If you are ever in Vegas, let's hook up. I'm putting 2008 NSXPO on my schedule.:smile:

Regards,

Danny

Here's the 677 rwhp dyno run without the cats.

Regards,

Danny

Attachments

• dyno - smaller2.JPG
    dyno - smaller2.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 134
Back