• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rio Yellow NSX @ SoCal Greddy event

I was never a fan of yellow, until I saw this NSX. I fell in love at first sight. So tastefully done. Buddy snapped a few pictures.

greddy0039uf0.jpg

greddy0038ry9.jpg

greddy0030xk2.jpg

greddy0037vw3.jpg

greddy0035zq1.jpg

greddy0034nr4.jpg

greddy0033iw5.jpg

I have yellow fever!!

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful! :cool:

but I’m kind of partial to yellow… :biggrin::smile:

Rio is metallic. It sparkles in direct sunlight.

I have a Rio Yellow AP2.

Clean ride indeed! :)

I was under the assumption that this was indeed Rio Yellow because it was a more 'darker/richer' toned yellow, rather than Spa Yellow which is more of a 'banana' like yellow (lighter tone). And as you can tell from the pictures it was an overcast day.

And it has a LOT of pearl in it. I beleive this car is spa though because I thought KR Inspires car is a 2003.

Are you implying there were no RY in 03?

Last edited:
Rio was introduced on the S2000 and NSX in 2004. Rio was on the NSX for 04 and 05 models only. I noticed the car does look a little darker in the pics but I am pretty sure this car is Spa. Rio or Spa his car is Sweet !!!

Last edited:
I've always preferred light colors in sports cars. For me, yellow only looked good on certain cars- Corvette and Ferrari to name a couple. When I began to shop for an NSX, it came down to two cars... one in yellow and the other in a custom silver blue color. When I saw the yellow one in person... well the rest of my story you know. Repainted 1991 NSX in Rio Yellow Pearl. The end.

PS. True, the cops see me coming from a half mile away. However, all those SUVs and inattentive drivers on the road tend to see me a little better, too. I accept the trade off.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 507
  • My NSX C&C 320KB.jpg
    My NSX C&C 320KB.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
hey that car looks like my car, but different color wheels!

DSC01575.jpg

97-01 SPA
02-05 RIO

Last edited:
WOW!!! Love it!!! I like the Rio more then the Spa I think...closer to the ITR PY :tongue:

perfection.

clean and to the point. exactly how i would build a nsx...

since this is a yellow thread, is the na2 nsx-r yellow the rio pearl yellow? or another yellow?

Back