• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SC430

a tie for last

NetViper said:
FYI, the SC430 placed last in a comparison between it, the maserati, sl500, caddy XLR and porsche 911 in Road and Track.

I guess they did not really care for it either..

Be accurate, the SC430 tied the Maser for last place, it wasn't alone!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But they were counting performance. I was talking about just looks and style. Obviously the performance is not there. If it was, I would probably be driving one. ;)

Eric5273 said:
Well, obviously looks are subjective, but here are a few I think are just as nice for less money:

Lexus SC430
BMW M3
Infiniti G35 Coupe
Porsche Boxster (if you add about $10k in "appearance" options)

Actually, I think the Lexus is the nicest looking car on the road today. If they had come in a manual transmission, I'd probably be driving one instead of my NSX. But the NSX obviously performs better. $80k is a lot to pay for looks.

sc430, m3, G35C, Boxster all are fine automobile but none of them get the same feeling like driving the NSX....especially a slam one flat to the ground......M3 is awesome but feel like driving an SUV whereas the NSX you have to straight out the feet and drive like F1 car
just my thought

I'd rather purchase a 350Z and save the rest of the money than go for the SC430. I dont think they look good at all. The NSX is a beautiful, well rounded supercar - the Lexus is just an expensive sports coupe.

Wisky said:
I'd rather purchase a 350Z and save the rest of the money than go for the SC430. I dont think they look good at all. The NSX is a beautiful, well rounded supercar - the Lexus is just an expensive sports coupe.
I might say the SC430 is also well rounded. ;)

I think that there is something that we are not considering here.

I am 31, and I love the styling of the 91-01 NSX. I have co-workers that are in their 20's and they think that the new cars like the SC430, Beetle and new Caddy XLR are the best looking cars they have ever seen and that my NSX looks to "80's" (shows they don't know much about the NSX). I always have to cover my mouth when I see the new SCs, Beetles and Audi TTs to contain my lunch.

The fact that people think that SUVs are cool and that eggs are a good shape to model automobiles after must be the new millenium or younger thing.

I just don't get it. I think that the Ferrari 308 is still one of the cleanest designs ever for a mid-engine sports car. Is it possible that I am stuck in the 90's or 80's?

Anybody else ever experienced this with the younger crowd?

Re: a tie for last

RPM217 said:
Be accurate, the SC430 tied the Maser for last place, it wasn't alone!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

even thought it tied.. it was still last...

Wisky said:
The NSX styling is defenetly not 80's!

I agree. It may be just those who know the NSX well that possibly think the design it getting old (Not me), however, we have all been approached by people who have no idea what the NSX is who think it is a brand new car. If the majority of people who don't know much about the NSX think it can be a brand new car, than that means to me that most people think the style is up to date with todays cars. I have never heard anyone say "Wow, that would look brand new if it came out 10 years ago".

The fact that the NSX in 1991 can compete with sports cars today and be just as reliable and perform just as well in every category is very impressive.

My tastes in cars seem to stem from what was cutting edge in the car market for the first few years I became a car enthusiast. This was the very start of the 90's, hence I my tastes lean towards the Japanese sports/GT cars of that day... Z32 300ZX, MkIV Supra, 3rd Gen RX-7, 2nd gen MR-2, SC400 and of course the almighty Honda. I can appreciate many of the newer designs but there's just a special spot there for the ones I mentioned. I could see buying a couple of those cars as collector vehicles and keeping 'em forever (time to buy that house with the 6 car garage!)

I saw a G35C a couple nights ago... beautiful car, but no comparison to the exotic looks of the NSX. :)

Is it just me or is interior styling going down the drain? The switchgear in the current Infiniti lineup closely resembles a 1980 Sony stereo with the silver buttons everywhere. Personally I believe the pinnacle of interior design culminated with the Lexus SC400.

The interior of the G35C is pretty much the same as EVERY Nissan you can buy today. Cheap looking and ugly. Its a shame because the car is so beautiful on the outside. The biggest problem with the G is that it can't compete on the inside. Shnaz it up and they will be killing the 3 series in sales....

osugrad97 said:
The interior of the G35C is pretty much the same as EVERY Nissan you can buy today. Cheap looking and ugly. Its a shame because the car is so beautiful on the outside. The biggest problem with the G is that it can't compete on the inside. Shnaz it up and they will be killing the 3 series in sales....

While I do think the Infiniti interior is still better than your average Nissan, I do agree. Infinity is nowhere near the other Luxury names like BMW, Lexus, Mercedes and even Acura. That is why I bought a Lexus over an Infiniti. I really do like the style of the G35 Coupe (Not the G35 Sedan though) but I like the over all package (Especially the Interior) of the Lexus. Lexus definately has the interior design right. The interior design of the Nissan Murano and Infiniti FX is just plain but ugly and pathetic.

Yeah, the SC 430 is NO WHERE NEAR the NSX dynamics and handling wise, but Lexus ain't pretending it is. It's a GT 2+2, reliable, quick, quiet with one of the best interiors ever made.

I'll post pics of some owner from www.clublexus.com they look HELLA BETTER than stock.

Here is the TOMS's SC 430 (Soarer)

Attachments

• tomssc430.jpg
    tomssc430.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 277
genearch

He's like the SC 430 Boss. Tom's stuff, custom wheels, this car is perfect. AutoCouture Front Lip, Rear Lip and TOM's roof spoiler

Attachments

• genesc430.jpg
    genesc430.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 256
http://soarer.come.to/

Pics of a huge meet in Japan (link) Below is the Blitz twin supercharged SC 430.

I am just sharing pics for knowledge, not many people see JDM or appropriately hooked up SC 430s. Just trying to help. The cars are really APPLES and Oranges.:cool: Except both are Stunning cars, HALO cars for their respective manufacturer and RELIABLE as the best of them.

I agree, the 350Z and G35 have horrible interiors. Period.

Attachments

• blitz sc430.jpg
    blitz sc430.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 241
Back