• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selling my NSX for a C6 Vette

Back in 98 I owned a Viper GTS and I loved the power but hated everything else about the car.

I think the itch for American power is here again. I just hope the outward vision of this car with its small windshield and big hood is tolerable.

The C6 looks amazingly better than the C5 IMO and the interior sold me. The keyless entry and other gadgets such as the HUD sealed the deal. I took a test drive in an Auto with the standard rear axle ratio and I was blown away. It is truly a beast.

I will be taking delivery of my Auto with the 3.15 gearing in two days.

I'm sad to sell another NSX but I know I'll be back.

Take care and if anyone is in the South Florida area and wants a ride or maybe a friendly meet up at Moroso shoot me a PM!

NSXROCK

I don't blame you...I'm actually test driving a C6 next weekend. I looked at one in town and it is quite impressive. The interior feels a bit more cramped then the NSX, but a lot of cool gadgets. You'll like it I'm sure...

Good luck

Don't for get to let us all know how the change over goes. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the Vette vs the NSX

How much do you want for your old one?

Good luck with your C6. I think they look OK, but they sure do have some serious power for the money.

I would be interested in hearing your evaluation of the C-6 after 6 months of ownership. I too think it is a great looking car, but I am still leary of the GM build quality and their failure to stand behind their products.

Though I have no recent experience with GM, they burned me many years ago on a new car I bought (Chevrolet) with terrible paint from the factory. They ultimately ended up saying it met GM standards and I ended up selling the car at a pretty good loss due to their horrible paint quality at the time.

I wish you the best with the C-6.

Cairo94507 said:
I would be interested in hearing your evaluation of the C-6 after 6 months of ownership. I too think it is a great looking car, but I am still leary of the GM build quality and their failure to stand behind their products.

Though I have no recent experience with GM, they burned me many years ago on a new car I bought (Chevrolet) with terrible paint from the factory. They ultimately ended up saying it met GM standards and I ended up selling the car at a pretty good loss due to their horrible paint quality at the time.

I wish you the best with the C-6.

I too had a horrible experience with GM...

They sold me a pick up truck knowing that i needed it to tow a mobile detailing trailer. The truck they showed me was great! But one problem: when i went to get a hitch, they wouldn't put one on because "this truck was not intended to tow anything". Ya, I took it back the next day and told them i want a different truck. They wouldn't budge and said they'd give me $12,000 for it when I just paid $16000! I was pissed...shoulda gotten my lawyer involved right there or gotten proof i went back to them the next day but i was stupid.

blah. screw chevy. screw ed morse chevy

I personally HATE the interior of the C6, but then again I'm not in the position to own one anyway. I would definitely keep the NSX over the C6 just because of the rarity of the car. C6s may be quite rare right now, but give it 3 years and you'll see one on every corner. Same will never be said for the NSX

To each his own i guess. I am not a fan of the styling i think it looks like a bloated C5. Alot of people seem to like it though so good luck with it!

AutoEuphoria said:
I C6s may be quite rare right now, but give it 3 years and you'll see one on every corner.

Actually I would say give it a few more months and you'll see everyone and their mom driving a c6

I think I must be the only one completely unimpressed by the C6 styling. To me, Chevy made the same type of changes from the C5 to the C6 (fixed headlights, changed the nose and tail a little) as did Acura with the 2002 makeover. It looks like a C5 to me...I don't understand all the hype about it's "new look."

yeah there are a lot of reasons to not like the vette, but after spending the last 6 years researching just about everything there is to know about the vette....I would stand behind it. If it wasn't for the rareness (and depreciation value) of the NSX, I would have bought a Vette. They are nice cars and offer a lot for the price. Nice smooth power and a lot of options that you cannot get in some sports cars.
To each his own is right..... I would consider selling my 97 NSX for a new C6 convertible..... consider is all.....for now my choice is the NSX hands down..

I'm also searching for that "suck you in the seat power" but I will only go turbo NSX or Noble, can't succumb to a mass produced Chevy that everyone has no matter what the price.

What quality control?

nsxrock said:
Back in 98 I owned a Viper GTS and I loved the power but hated everything else about the car.
After a short while with the C6, you may feel the same as you did with the GTS.

I saw a C6 in person last night for the first time and was not impressed with the design. Even less impressive (while disappointing, I was not surprised) both headlight lenses (new sealed type) had significant condensation on the inside.

As an FYI... 2005 C6 has the following recall:

Search Results
Report Date : November 15, 2004 at 05:10 PM
SEARCH TYPE : VEHICLE
YEAR : 2005
Make : CHEVROLET
Model : CORVETTE
Type : ANY

Results : 1 | All records displayed
Make : CHEVROLET
Model : CORVETTE
Year : 2005
Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04V525000
Recall Date : OCT 27, 2004
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTS:HOSES, LINES/PIPING, AND FITTINGS
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 5225
Summary:
CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES WERE PRODUCED WITH ONE OR BOTH REAR BRAKE HYDRAULIC LINES THAT CAN COME IN CONTACT WITH OR BE AFFECTED BY HEAT FROM THE LEFT ENGINE EXHAUST MANIFOLD AND THE LEFT EXHAUST PIPE. THE BRAKE FLUID COULD REACH ELEVATED TEMPERATURES AND BOIL.
Consequence:
IF THE BRAKE FLUID BOILS IN A REAR BRAKE LINE, THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE REAR BRAKE SYSTEM WOULD BE REDUCED WHICH COULD RESULT IN A BRAKE LINE LEAK AND LOSS OF BRAKE FLUID. IF ENOUGH FLUID LEAKS FROM THE REAR BRAKE SYSTEM SO THAT BRAKE PEDAL APPLICATION CAN NO LONGER BUILD PRESSURE TO THE REAR BRAKES. THE OPERATOR OF THE VEHICLE WILL EXPERIENCE LIMITED BRAKING WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND REPLACE LEFT ENGINE EXHAUST MANIFOLD, THE LEFT EXHAUST PIPE, THE REAR DIFFERENTIAL HOUSING UNITS AND INSPECT BRAKE LINES FOR WEAR IN THESE RELATED AREAS AND REPAIR OR REPLACE WEAR-THROUGH ON THE NYLON OVERCOATING. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED WITH AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT CADILLAC AT 1-866-982-2239 AND CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438.
Notes:
GENERAL MOTORS RECALL NO. 04086. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

The keyless entry and other gadgets such as the HUD sealed the deal. I took a test drive in an Auto with the standard rear axle ratio and I was blown away
Please, if you're gonna get a C6, at least lie to us and say you were sold on the long and notchy 6-speed manual instead of gadgets and automatic tranny!:D

I'm sad to sell another NSX but I know I'll be back.
I definitely believe you will, and sooner rather than later.;)

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.:D

Re: What quality control?

Actually,

I have owned four NSX's. I am a car enthusiast at heart like most NSX owners are. If I think a car manufacture makes a good product and it gives me that WOW feeling, I will give it a shot. If it's not taking food off my table then it won't hurt anyone.

You wouldn’t catch me dead in a C5. I absolutely despise the interior and LONG overhangs. The New C6 Corvette has been improved enough to catch my eye. I can’t wait until Thursday!

The NSX is an AMAZING car. My favorite car so far, but that won't stop me from trying others. What a waste of life if won't at least TRY new and different products once in a while. Look at Jerry Seinfeld. He is really missing out on some amazing cars.

I am one of the first true NSX enthusiasts in my mind. Back in 1995 I started James Acura NSX Exotic. www.members.aol.com/flnsx I haven’t updated the site in years but it was around before Prime was. I was also a founding member of the Florida NSX Club. NSXCA didn’t exist yet when I bought my first NSX. I have been through a lot with this car and the wonderful owners that associate themselves with it. It’s the people that make is so special. A small tight nipped group! Family! 

Take care!

Mr.Wolf said:
How large is the trunk of a C6? That is what I would like assessed. :D

That was my question in a past Vette thread.

I saw a picture in a car magazine, it looks as if, when you take the top off and store it under the hatch you have zero luggage space. Is it as bad as it looks in the photo.

One of the thing I need in a fun car is the ability to take me and my sweetie and our stuff for the weekend.

Good luck with your C6. It is a nice looking car, and it looks like they have come a long way from the C5. Enjoy the power!! :D

nsxrock said:
Actually,

I have owned four NSX's. I am a car enthusiast at heart like most NSX owners are. If I think a car manufacture makes a good product and it gives me that WOW feeling, I will give it a shot. If it's not taking food off my table then it won't hurt anyone.

You wouldn’t catch me dead in a C5. I absolutely despise the interior and LONG overhangs. The New C6 Corvette has been improved enough to catch my eye. I can’t wait until Thursday!

The NSX is an AMAZING car. My favorite car so far, but that won't stop me from trying others. What a waste of life if won't at least TRY new and different products once in a while. Look at Jerry Seinfeld. He is really missing out on some amazing cars.

I am one of the first true NSX enthusiasts in my mind. Back in 1995 I started James Acura NSX Exotic. www.members.aol.com/flnsx I haven’t updated the site in years but it was around before Prime was. I was also a founding member of the Florida NSX Club. NSXCA didn’t exist yet when I bought my first NSX. I have been through a lot with this car and the wonderful owners that associate themselves with it. It’s the people that make is so special. A small tight nipped group! Family! 

Take care!

I found your website back in 95 to be very informative and I'm glad to see you still have it up.

nsxtacey said:
I found your website back in 95 to be very informative and I'm glad to see you still have it up.

Me too. I used to check your site all the time. I remember you sold your NSX for a Porsche and then back to a 2000 NSX. Now to the vette.

The bottom line is ALL Chevy's are MASS produced vehicles, including the vette. There is a BIG difference in the care taken in building the NSX vs. the vette.

Let me relay a story. Recent while at the local (San Diego) Discount Tire store with my NSX, there was a very tricked out superfast looking ZO6 in the bay next to my X. Most likely could crush me on the track. ALL of the tire guys were saying they would easily choose the NSX over the Vette for the simple and pure "exotic-ness" and "not run of the mill-ness."

In 6 months you will see 100's of the "new" vettes for every 1 NSX. I live in SoCal which has to be the mecca of NSX's and I may see one a month (outside of my own) on the streets.

When I valet at a resturaunt or wherever, I get top spot over just about anything that comes thru... right next to the Lambo, Ferrari, and Porsche's. People stop and just say " WOW, great & amazing car." The vettes are parked out in the "field" next to every other Camry, SUV, Malibu, Tundra and the rest of the Ma & Pa Kettle rides.

The NSX (even the NA1's), are in another league... PERIOD !

Just my unbiased, humble opinion.

Since we are telling C6 stories, let me tell you what happened yesterday. I came up to a red light beside a brand new C6. 30 day tags. I didn't think anything of it b/c he was in the turn lane and I was going straight. So we are both sitting there when all of a sudden I hear this girl screaming "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD." Scared that something is happening, I turn to my left and see this hot chick sitting in the passenger seat of the C6 screaming and pointing at my NSX. OMG OMG OMG that car is SOOOOO AWESOME she screams at me. I love it!

The poor guy in his new Vette just got got dissed by his girlfriend over a 13 year old car. I hope I don't get tired of the attention.

:biggrin:

Back