• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Separated at Birth!

I like what I see in the Supra renderings too generally (more than the size-16 shoe LFA styling actually) but there's always some spaghetti-on-the-wall caricature design element to every Toyota nowadays that just turns me off...Toyota droopy nose grilles (even the Supra above couldn't escape being cursed with one) or how Lexus dealerships now look like maternity wards from Pontiac Azteks mating with Nissans... Separated at birth: Me and a know-it-all styling expert. :)

Sometimes people need to go back in time for design before they can move foreward.:wink:

attachment.php
The Ford thunderbird fastback dubbed the "Italien" was probably the most gorgeous car I ever laid eyes on... Fortunately I was able to view it during the Danville auto museum/epic nsx meet that Dhalsim planned. Damn America, what happened to us? This car was absolutely stunning....

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 676
^Lol, I was waiting for that one!

^Lol, I was waiting for that one!

Ditto! Ha ha! I saw a panda or Orca but couldn't find the right sibling! :)

Oh Lexus, Lexus, Lexus. I know you can't get to first base if you don't swing, but maybe you should stick to ping pong?

4332924.jpg

woody_woodpecker_wallpaper_1024x768.jpg

Those quilted seats look awful! I'd rather have the red and black ones.

IMG_0232.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG

Wow do I agree with that one. Why are so many cars from reputable makers so ugly nowadays? Has everybody really run out of ideas?
I swear man, I was behind an I8 the other day and it looked like a blue crab from Maryland... The front looks just the same. Wtf is with those blue highlighted accents that are really heavy on the eyes?

Has anyone yet invented a word or phrase for "mankind's ability to accept hybrid car styling that would be universally laughingly absurd if strapped onto a combustion-engined car?" The e-automotive equivalent of shabby-chic. Why is the i8 styling ok just because it's a hybrid? Maybe that was the thought behind the gen-2 NSX, where Acura/Honda couldn't possibly strap on a quieter, elegant fascia?

I'm positive at least a dozen ex-Pontiac execs are kicking themselves for not thinking to cram electric motors into the Azteks.

3821-wowwee-mini-mip-1.jpg

TCBMWI8WHT-Charles-Bentley-Remote-Control-Car-BMWi8-White-1.jpg

welcome back to prime:tongue:

Back