• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some of you may appreciate this

OK I'm diving into another NSX project. I dropped the rear suspension yesterday as part of preperation for the color change, the motor will be out soon. Here are a few before and after pics of the suspension. I blasted it with baking soda to clean it up, the results are pretty good. I will seal the aluminum so it stays bright. More pics to follow

Attachments

• ns12.jpg
    ns12.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 9,342
  • susp1.jpg
    susp1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 9,608
  • susp2.jpg
    susp2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 9,468
I think you always amazed me with your detail works with an unexpected project. I will get with you when MY REAL project arrives, down the line though.
send me some cool pictures will ya

Dan

please share!

KANE said:
... I will seal the aluminum so it stays bright...

hmmm... Looks fabulous! Makes me appreciate all the engineering that went into our NSX'es all that much more. :cool:

What is the procedure you plan to do to 'seal' & preserve the newly polished finish on the aluminum suspension pieces? (ie. powder-coating? clear-coat?)

You're not going to put it back in, are you? It will get dirty. :eek: Now you'll have to polish the rest of the undercarriage to match. :D

Absolutely awesome job... and great photos.

I plan to use an anti corrosive coating used in the aerospace industry, thanks for all the compliments. :) Next is removal of all the petroleum based undercoating on the car and a new paint job for the entire underside.

Just like sand blasting but the blasting media is baking soda. You can't just put baking soda in a regular sand blaster designed for sand/garnet though, you need a specific platform designed for baking soda.

That is just beautiful piece of engineering. Your attention to detail is top notch! If only the car was see through so we can appreciate the details.

Tan :wink:

OK my headlights and stuff showed up today so I decided to put off the under coating removal for a day and do my front end instead.

Attachments

• nsx34.jpg
    nsx34.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 7,960
  • nsx35.jpg
    nsx35.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 7,783
  • nsx39.jpg
    nsx39.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 7,674
  • nsx41.jpg
    nsx41.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 7,877
I also pulled my motor today to do the valve adjustment ,timing belt, water pump, and tensioner. While I have it out I'm going to blast my valve covers and intake manifold cover to remove the crinkle finish and powder coat a different color. Lastly I will replace most of the rubber seals on the motor like the oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets,spool valve seals,cam plug seals. Then I will detail the motor and trans to remove all dirt and grease.

Attachments

• nsx42.jpg
    nsx42.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 7,642
Kane,

That looks like the Sorcery widebody kit you have there..I should know because I have the front end :biggrin:

I think I recall that you previously had this kit before. Is this the same one or a new one? Also, what color are you going to paint it?

Looks Awesome! Love how your refreshing the whole car.
My widebody is nearly finished end of the week...

Its a custom 1 off narrow body kit....30mm narrower than stock on each side. It should have very low resistance and improve top speed.The great thing about this kit is I can run the wheels I have been dreaming of 17x4.5 in the front and 18x6 in the rear. I actually haven't chosen a color yet, any suggestions you guys?

WOW that is AWESOME.

The suspension it self is almost more beautiful that the car. *drool*

Its a work of art, I'd love to have it sitting in my room... but then its a waste of engineering :wink:

KANE said:
Its a custom 1 off narrow body kit....30mm narrower than stock on each side. It should have very low resistance and improve top speed.The great thing about this kit is I can run the wheels I have been dreaming of 17x4.5 in the front and 18x6 in the rear.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

AMAZING work. One question, though:

Do you have a job? :tongue:

You're right, I think a lot of us appreciate you posting pics and details of your project. Any chance of you putting a website together so you can make it a permanent resource?

Dan

Can you take more detailed pictures of your rear spoiler?!?

It looks like a DO-Luck wing...I'm interested in getting that one, can you please snap some pics for me? :smile:

Back