• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Southern Indiana Drive - August 13th

Yeah, big thanks to Jonas1jp and djdrock for organizing, nice job guys. Which reminds me, I meant to ask before we left, how much do we owe you for the shirts? Meeyatch and Timothyaw, sorry you guys couldn't make it, you would've enjoyed it. Good to meet everybody see you guys on the next one :smile:

Oh yeah what happened to Bart's grill? Something about a cat?? I must have totally missed that discussion. :frown:

The NSX crew;
7430924driv6-med.jpg

at speed;
7430924driv2-med.jpg

Big_nate said:
Oh yeah what happened to Bart's grill? Something about a cat?? I must have totally missed that discussion. :frown:

Unfortunatly near the end of the run, he tangled with the a cat ... and won ... but there were concequences ... :(

You owe us nothing for the shirts. Kind of our way of saying thanks for making the trip. My foot is paying the price today, but man was it worth it!! Really enjoyed the drive and conversation. Hope to see you all again sometime soon.

Guys...I just wanted to thank everyone for coming to our meet. We could not have had a better day with the exception of Taco Bell flooding the floor with toilet water. :biggrin:

The weather held out, and the State Trooper that could have pulled us over must have been late to the donut shop. :smile:

And for those of us at the end of the day who remember my comment.....

Here is the Colonel! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Attachments

• Colonel.jpg
    Colonel.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Hey guys, great job in picking a great driving route. It was interesting and challenging, but easy on the nerves.

I enjoyed the company as much as the drive. Thanks for sharing all the experiences you've had. I hope we can do it again some time.

Attachments

• Final NSX Lineup.jpg
    Final NSX Lineup.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Front 2005.jpg
    Front 2005.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 147
  • Great Red NSX.jpg
    Great Red NSX.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Group Finale.jpg
    Group Finale.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Starting Lineup.jpg
    Starting Lineup.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 135
BTW - On the way home, Nate and I stopped a gas station. This guys walks over and asks Nate if his car is an NSX. Then he goes on to say that he thought my was a Ferrari. I guess the red color messed him up!

Just checked in to see the rest of the photos and almost lost it and nearly sprayed the coffee I was drinking (here at the office) all over my desk and computer when I saw the Colonel!

karwath said:
Just checked in to see the rest of the photos and almost lost it and nearly sprayed the coffee I was drinking (here at the office) all over my desk and computer when I saw the Colonel!

I take it you are a Boogie Nights fan like me?

Anyhoo, within the next 2 weeks, I will have my clearcorners.com taillight conversion done (good thing I am not married, as I would be divorced with this purchase) and am installing Eibach lowering springs...

Basically, I have Joe (from KY) to thank, as his car is equipped with LED's and a lower stance. Thanks Joe...I knew this would turn out to be an expensive get-together. :biggrin:

You can thank Joe for that, personally I have to thank him for making the S/C jones even worse for me! Not to mention got me looking around for magnaflow canisters as well as a competent welder :wink: As for the rest of you, after seeing the paint quality of some of your cars, Jonas1JP especially, I just spent several hours clay barring and waxing. Indeed, get-togethers lead to car envy, which leads to spent dollars and hours of labor :smile:

7430Dscn0255-med.jpg

7430Dscn0257-med.jpg

you're next poor little teggy
7430Dscn0261-med.jpg

djdrock said:
I take it you are a Boogie Nights fan like me?

Anyhoo, within the next 2 weeks, I will have my clearcorners.com taillight conversion done (good thing I am not married, as I would be divorced with this purchase) and am installing Eibach lowering springs...

Basically, I have Joe (from KY) to thank, as his car is equipped with LED's and a lower stance. Thanks Joe...I knew this would turn out to be an expensive get-together. :biggrin:

Don't mention it. :wink:

By the way I have refined my design on the LED taillights from the prototype you saw. I would love to save you the $1000 but mine will never be "just like" Clear Corners.

Joe

Big_nate said:
Not to mention got me looking around for magnaflow canisters as well as a competent welder :wink: QUOTE]

Very funny. :rolleyes:

If you want any details on the exhaust, send me a PM. I can probably save you some time after all my experimentation.

Joe

Here's some JDM lights with amber turn signal.

Attachments

• JDM.JPG
    JDM.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 111
  • JDM2.JPG
    JDM2.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 111
  • JDM3.JPG
    JDM3.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 100
  • JDM4.JPG
    JDM4.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 107
Here's a good look at the standard round design.

Attachments

• round.JPG
    round.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 108
  • round2.JPG
    round2.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 107
  • round3.JPG
    round3.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 106
  • round4.JPG
    round4.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 95
  • round6.JPG
    round6.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 105
Joe...your an animal man! You know, I'll bet you could do what clearcorners does. Can you hear the crowd cheering? "You can do it!!! You can do it!!!" :biggrin:

And Nate...I know what you mean about labor hours. I have already set aside a couple for tomorrow just detailing (again). Your car looks great!!! :biggrin:

Anyone around today or tomorrow and wanna grab a drink or some food?? I have been out of town for about a week and would not mind relaxing a bit....lemme know.

OhioSteve said:
Hey guys, great job in picking a great driving route. It was interesting and challenging, but easy on the nerves.

I enjoyed the company as much as the drive. Thanks for sharing all the experiences you've had. I hope we can do it again some time.

Man I hate I missed the drive, next year should be a better year for me :frown:

Next year............yes. This year..........one more time. Whataya think??? A small casual drive on the same route? I'm taking it once more with or without you. List the dates you're available. The most voted for date wins.

Going to Mexico during hurricane season, be back in.............a while.
DjDrock, keep tabs while I'm gone....................talk to you all soon.

Joe

Back