• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

spring job

i would like to know how much it would cost to swap a set of springs. i got a quote from don lam for $299 to do all four wheels.

could he be quoting me a price including the set of springs? (H&R)
i've done two sets of springs on other cars before and they normally cost me less than $100 for swapping each set.

are NSXs different? please advise.

Last edited:
Blue Knight said:
i would like to know how much it would cost to swap a set of springs. i got a quote from don lam for $299 to do all four wheels.

i've done two sets of springs on other cars before and they normally cost me less than $100 for swapping each set.

Noah,

Don's prices are usually reasonable, I doubt that the price includes the springs. He's also probably adding the time needed for doing an alignment after replacing the springs.

Ken

Blue Knight said:

This sounds about right. He charged me about this much to replace 4 struts. I would think the labor is comparable.

He has a 'suspension' guy that only works 3 days a week (this was a year ago), so you'll need to schedule in advance. His suspension guy is pretty efficient, I've seen him do work on my car and others (when I've been over for other service), they guy doesn't take a break and is a hardworker.

On a related note, I agree with Ken. Don's prices are usually very competitive to the point where, I no longer even bother shopping around or asking him how much a particular job will cost anymore. I just give him a call, tell him what I need and drive over. I cross reference the prices other folks have paid for the service versus what I've paid for comparable service at Don's, and its usually a significant discount. He also seems to quote prices consistently (which is always a fear of mine). In otherwords, two different people asking for the same service at different times will be charged the same amount. I've seen some shops prey on individuals who may know less about cars or shop around less. Don isn't one of those people and I find him generally honest about his pricing.

wow...that's pricey...more expensive than the set of spring itself!
anyone else with better pricing than this?

i know some have actually done it themselves with access to a spring compressor.

Back