• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap) March 23rd - 25th

I'm planning a run up at Deals Gap the weekend of the 23rd of March. Anyone else interested in going?

In april the Florida S2ki Chapter goes to the dragon, you should come with us all! :biggrin:
Oscar

Very possibly ... I had penciled in a trip there this spring already.

Yes, put me down as tentative for this trip. I was wanting to do a spring sports car trip.

Well the shut-down schedule has firmed up at work, and the spring turn around is starting the following week. Looks like I'm going to have to back out on this one. Should be out that way in April though. Have fun, watch out for snow.

Last edited:
In april the Florida S2ki Chapter goes to the dragon, you should come with us all! :biggrin:
Oscar

My wife and I go to the spring Wake The Dragon s2ki event every year, and already have the reservations for this year too. In true 'car geek' fashion, we are bringing both the S2000 and NSX so we can both have fun. :tongue:

Excited to hear about the drive. James emailed me your post.
Count me in too ! :biggrin:

Yesterday, Todddejag and myself headed over to the Gap to make sure the Dragon is surviving the winter. All is well I'm glad to report.

They are currently doing some semi-serious construction to Deal's Gap (the store/restaurant, not the road), but I'm sure that will be finished before the end of March (like it matters). Looks like they are adding a second floor or something.

A BWM club from Georgia/Florida was taking advantage of the zero traffic up there. Damn, the new 335 twin turbo coupe is a nice looking ride in person. A few bikes, turbo 350Z, turbo RSX Type S and a Viper, had the entire mountain to themselves as well. The only thing missing was more Acura’s. We need to represent!!

I'm looking forward to March 23. :biggrin: <O:p</O:p

James

I am in, the tail of the Draggon broke my second Gear on turn#2 a few weeks ago so I was not able to enjoy the car on those roads! Im going to post up in the midwest forum to see if guys wana road trip down for this one, ILl be putting the X on the trailer till we get close.

EDIT: Our Midwest regional dinner is that weekend.. BOOO why does all the good stuff have to overlap.

I'm probably in. Where are we staying? Titanium says that Marysville TN is the place to be. We need to decide before the bikes take over.:cool:

Ben,
The reason I said Maryville is because a few guys are staying with me. If I had more room, I would extend the offer to you also. Maryville is only 30 minutes to the south side of the dragon, with 18 of those miles on the Foothills Parkway. So, the pre-dragon drive is a nice warm up to the actual dragon run. I also think Maryville has a few more conveniences than parts of NC.

Hope to see you there.

It's looking good for me that weekend. Lodging should not be a problem for anyone because Knoxville is only another 15-20 minutes from maryville, that is where i will be staying.

Is there a tenative drive/group schedule. I'm doing some vacationing around this event so I don't want to miss the times.

Is there a tenative drive/group schedule. I'm doing some vacationing around this event so I don't want to miss the times.

I was actually going to suggest doing a caravan up on friday morning for anyone that wanted to come but I won't be coming from North Carolina. I'll be making the drive from Mississippi.

I was actually going to suggest doing a caravan up on friday morning for anyone that wanted to come but I won't be coming from North Carolina. I'll be making the drive from Mississippi.
I will be driving from memphis.

Back