• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TESLA cars. Anyone else intrigued?

very very impressive young lady! :)

Thank you for the free advice, Hugh. I have a Financial Planner who's been taking care of my money for 5+ years. I'm in the low risk category. The one and only stock I've ever wanted was/is Tesla. As soon as it came out for
public offering (July 2010) I told him to buy me $17,000 in shares, as a lark. :smile:

the musk around elon is strong......I couldn't stand it any longer and got in a small position at 139......so far so good.I'm not buying anymore until we hit some march/april doldrums.

The musk is super strong...momentum+new fangled battery+solar city+short covering= wacky valuation.

Bought another 300 shares today before the close. Up to 245 today WOW!
This is a $500 stock and if Apple buys them ............ look out!

- - - Updated - - -

The musk is super strong...momentum+new fangled battery+solar city+short covering= wacky valuation.

A deal with Panasonic batteries, factory robotics, better welds, US made, high price marketing to start (extremely clever marketing strategy), another Steve Jobs, Walt Disney, Howard Shultz visionary. And who knows ............... Apple may buy them. Should I go on?

I'm personally holding onto TSLA until after their "cheap" car hits, and even way beyond after that. They are setting themselves up to be THE electric car company for many years to come. Once the affordable one comes to market, that will solidify that position in stone.

Last edited:
I'd hold onto TSLA until after their "cheap" car hits, and even way beyond after that. They are setting themselves up to be THE electric car company for many years to come. Once the affordable one comes to market, that will solidify that position in stone.

I will never give any advice regarding the market to anyone. That includes Primers about TSLA or other positions.

Having said that, I personally, am buying more today. Remember, everyone has different circumstances.
Rich B.

Last edited:
I will never anymore give any advice regarding the market to anyone. That includes Primers about TSLA or other positions.

Having said that, I personally, am buying more today. Remember, everyone has different circumstances.
Rich B.

Good point, I've reworded my post.

On a trip to California another prime member and I went to the show room and got to try out the Tesla. I have to say I was impressed. The car has wicked acceleration in an eerie kind of way. I actually loved the car. recharging one on the east coast and getting service done on the east coast would be problematic though.

Not anymore. Recharging one is not a problem anywhere Steve. You plug it into your house overnite and you get 300 miles with the S85. The sports car is no good for distance. Not enough room for batteries. Three superstations within minutes from NYC with a 3 hundred mile range on the S85 sedan. That will be our next daily driver in red of course. Also, I am direct wiring the plug-in kit to my 240 panel at the house now. Where I live, I spot at least 3 a day. Get rid of the Benz Steve. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Not anymore. Recharging one is not a problem any where Steve. You plug it into your house overnite and you get 300 miles with the S85. The sports car is no good for distance. Not enough room for batteries. Three superstations within minutes from NYC with a 3 hundred mile range on the S85 sedan. That will be our next daily driver in red of course. Also, I am direct wiring the plug-in kit to my 240 panel at the house now. Get rid of the Benz Steve. :biggrin:

Ooie! What did you buy??:smile:

He is saying that the purchased a tesla p85 sedan with sport package. Tesla market cap of 30billion with one model that has sold 20,000 cars versus gm at 58 billion and millions of units annually and ford at 60 billion

Tesla is greeting run up by Wall Street like apple was in 2012 when it went from 500 to 700 in a few months. People will be hurt. Question is when. Be careful out there and take some profit along the way

Last edited:
Tesla is greeting run up by Wall Street like apple was in 2012 when it went from 500 to 700 in a few months. People will be hurt. Question is when. Be careful out there and take some profit along the way

The more I learn about investing, the more transparent things like this are.
Tesla, like Apple, are Vegas style bets. There's ZERO investing going on when the P/E is what it is.
Buy lottery tickets or Tesla stock, choice is yours.

Not yet. Have 15k to go on the Audi turbo daily then a red P85. You should get a blue one. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

He is saying that the purchased a tesla p85 sedan with sport package. Tesla market cap of 30billion with one model that has sold 20,000 cars versus gm at 58 billion and millions of units annually and ford at 60 billion

+++++1 excellent advise! I'm 66 and made the big apple $$ in the 70's and 80's.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a house back in '03 when Short Pump mall was being built. I had a red '96 NSX then. In Alpine, NJ, I had a red '01 and '07 lambo. I have way different livestyle than most and that is why I don't give financial advise to primers. Google Steve Renkar in Richmond and say hello Jond.

- - - Updated - - -

typo ........P85

Last edited:
A couple of friends and I drove our NSXs up to Austin for their Coffee and Rides a couple of weeks ago. There was a mobile dyno there for anyone who would like to have their car tested. Some guy with a beautiful Red Tesla P85 S put his car on the dyno. It was hallarious to see a couple thousand people go quiet to hear nothing but the tires spinning on the dyno. He pulled his car up to where we were standing so we asked him what it did. He said it did an amazing 410 HP at the wheels and an even more amazing 730+ Ft/Lbs of torque. No wonder the sports car and racing world is going to electric motors for low end power. The new NSX could be more of a beast than many of us are anticipating.

A couple of friends and I drove our NSXs up to Austin for their Coffee and Rides a couple of weeks ago. There was a mobile dyno there for anyone who would like to have their car tested. Some guy with a beautiful Red Tesla P85 S put his car on the dyno. It was hallarious to see a couple thousand people go quiet to hear nothing but the tires spinning on the dyno. He pulled his car up to where we were standing so we asked him what it did. He said it did an amazing 410 HP at the wheels and an even more amazing 730+ Ft/Lbs of torque. No wonder the sports car and racing world is going to electric motors for low end power. The new NSX could be more of a beast than many of us are anticipating.

^Good to know. Thank you for posting that, Lostbuckeye. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Tom, I can afford a watch like yours now, if I sold my 455 shares. :wink: It's pure profit since I already sold 500 shares at $164, after listening to doomsayers. I wish now that I had stuck to my own beliefs that Tesla would only continue to climb over time.

Patty .. You have done an amazing job on tesla. What is so cool is how you looked at the product, test drove the car and then put your money where your belief was. You saw this very early. I wish I had

- - - Updated - - -

Cramer calls tesla a press release company

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101452106?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=101452106%7CCramer:%20You%27re%20%27playing%20w

The P85S is not sports car, so the comparison should not be made. Save the dyno for the 2015 NSX. Ray Laks Acura of Buffalo will be getting some of the first cars out of the Columbus assembly plant. They will be over sticker, even though they are saying about $$145k. And it will be fun to drive and not trailered to events here in the NYC area.

Last edited:
Patty .. You have done an amazing job on tesla. What is so cool is how you looked at the product, test drove the car and then put your money where your belief was. You saw this very early. I wish I had
^Not, exactly, Tom. I bought the stock first and drove the car about two weeks later.

Last edited:
Why is the p85 not a sports car? It does zero to sixty in four seconds and has a lower cg then almost any car.

Why is the p85 not a sports car? It does zero to sixty in four seconds and has a lower cg then almost any car.

I would love to drive or have a decent driving owner go on an NSX drive with us (Les's :LMR's) group in so cal. I'm so curious how it would stack up.

Not in the pure sense of the term. Their sports car was a failure due to many issues including range. P85 is a performance sedan just like many of the high potency German sedans. 4 seconds is because it is electric.

Last edited:
Back