• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TESLA cars. Anyone else intrigued?

The P85S is not sports car, so the comparison should not be made. Save the dyno for the 2015 NSX. Ray Laks Acura of Buffalo will be getting some of the first cars out of the Columbus assembly plant. They will be over sticker, even though they are saying about $$145k. And it will be fun to drive and not trailered to events here in the NYC area.

Well that was a little condescending. Where in my comment did I accuse the P85S of being a sports car? You are correct it is a performance sedan. However, a car that big and heavy that can "quietly" give a Corvette a run for its money in the quarter mile shows the potential of the electric motor in sports and racing cars. Including the new NSX. That was my point. Oh and on top of that, due to the battery pack being on the bottom, it has an extremely low center of gravity and weight distribution similar to our NSX so it handles almost as well as some sports cars. If it almost quacks like a duck then the comparison will be made. So why not dyno it to see what it produces. I didn't know that there were 10 commandments of the dyno. (Thou shalt not test electric cars on the dyno?) I admit pure electric cars are still not all that efficient or practical. But Tesla is getting closer. Damn I need a Snickers!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been lurking on this site for a while now and recently signed up for an account. I've been patiently waiting for a GPW 92-93 5-spd to show up...=)

In the meantime I thought I'd chime in since I happen to work for Tesla. If you have a Tesla dealership near you, go test drive it! You'll understand =)

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this site for a while now and recently signed up for an account. I've been patiently waiting for a GPW 92-93 5-spd to show up...=)

In the meantime I thought I'd chime in since I happen to work for Tesla. If you have a Tesla dealership near you, go test drive it! You'll understand =)

Good luck with your search! :smile:

This recent decision by the State of NJ - to ban Tesla dealerships really sucks eggs. I can't believe that some third-party government bureaucrat can come between a company and customer. Unbelievable. Sheesh.

As I understand the laws are in place to protect the auto dealer network and those they employ.We could debate all day on whether preventing the manufacturer from direct selling is good or bad for the consumer.Tesla knows this is an issue as they have spent money trying to prevent states from banning the practice of direct selling. Tesla will have to keep lobbying, allow a middleman dealer network or try something slick via the internet and find loopholes in the laws to still direct sell.....could be a headwind for the stock.

Sold all TSLA last week and the last 50 shares on Thursday. Back to the S&P.

probably a smart move in the short term. But like any sexy momentum story all Tsla needs is a smidgen of new good news and away we go again.

Last edited:
^I love Telsa's response. It makes the guy look like a liar. Tamper resistant tape solved the fuse problem. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Musk has been talking a lot lately. I just sold all my tsla for a nice 55% gain since december.

Nice, profit in such a short time,docjohn. :smile:

Greg-TT, a new toy? What do you have in mind? I take it you're not going on the Arrowhead drive?

I saw a lady in a parking lot in Anaheim Hills, CA yesterday, loading her white Model S Tesla so I asked her if she loved it. She said did. What surprised me though was that she said it cost about the same for electricity to charge it in her garage as it would if she was buying gas. Somehow I thought it was less expensive for the electricity. At least her electricity is at home and she never needs to go to a gas station.

Any other Tesla owners that can confirm or deny what she said about the electricity costs vs. gasoline?

Last edited:
I believe she is confused.

http://www.teslamotors.com/charging#/calculator

250 miles at 20 cents per KWH is $15. As far as I know only a few places in the north east are close to that expensive (in TX it is 10-12 cents). 250 miles at 25mpg using premium is $40 at $4/gallon. It's likely higher in CA. It's impossible that it costs the same even if gas was $3 and your 4,000Lbs+ 400hp sedan managed to average 30mpg.

Watch a Tesla Model S max out a dyno...

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/33413-Tesla-LIED-to-us!-(I-maxed-out-a-dyno-in-my-car)

Just look at the chart and you'll understand why this car is SO much fun to drive. Flat horsepower curve and monster torque maxxed out at 2000 ft/lbs (should be more than twice that).

Unreal.

As stated on the page linked to, those torque numbers are at the
wheel and are thus not comparable to crankshaft torque values.
Divide the torque numbers on that run by 9.7 to get the torque at
the Tesla's motor shaft.

Yes, but that's still nearly 450 at the motor shaft (using the calculated 4301 number). And remember that's at 0 RPM. As soon as you step on the "gas" pedal you all that torque.

Back