• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The $14,000 NSX! What do you think?

My advise is BUY IT! Then build the car the way you want with no pangs of guilt about modifying a showroom perfect car. A large # of us go out and search for a low milage pristen car, we then pay big $ for it and then throw in every new part we can find :confused:
Start with a cheap car and "invest" in all the after market parts you really want and bring back this lost NSX to the state of art in modifications. I feel you will come out $ ahead while building a car exactly suited to you. I have 2 NSX's and the 2nd car is undergoing just this type of transformation. Besides, "missery loves company", we can then trade war stories about the rebuilds :biggrin:

Good Luck
Bob

steveny said:
Doesn't it always seem like that is the case.

I have enough to cover my offer of $12k but barely. If accepted; ill have to park the car with a cover on it until spring. If not, maybe when I sell my house if its still there; Ill snag it. If not.... ill wait till the 2002's start coming off lease and rob one of them. If your the selling dealer of an NSX and its returned to the same dealership; its a certified robbing :eek:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
The weirdest thing happened to me on Sunday; Im driving home from the mall and I see an NSX with a FOR SALE sign on it around the corner from my house. For starters, there is under 2000 people in Helmetta, NJ and the odds of seeing another NSX around is rare enough in its own right;but for sale is another tale in its own. The NSX is a 92 in Grand Prix White and its a total roach. The car is showing 58,xxx miles and is rough. It has the Wings West side skirts, lip and rear valence all in poor condition. The roof is painted white and the previous owner must have used a MAACO and they painted over all the trim items that should be black. It has NSX-R door emblems, DC sports exhaust, lowered, cross drilled rotors, and a RACTIVE intake. The motor sounds strong but the car needs a cluth/flywheel/master cylinder :confused: and its doesnt drive right now. The owner was asking $19k and when I asked him how negotiable; he said he'd sell it for $13k-$14k :eek: I ran the CARFAX and the title is SALVAGE and the miles are TMU but I figured I have enough same parts left over from mine but I can easily make another NSX-a TYPE-R project and own 2 NSX's :biggrin:

Im closing on a new house on thursday and still havent sold my current home so Im a little tapped right now. If the car is still there when my condo sells, im picking it up regardless....

So my question is; do I struggle or apply to ELOAN for this car or is it not worth the money? Im never selling my NSX; I repeat, never selling mine and had thought about buying another one sometime in the future.

What should I do?

Buy it or send me pics so I can. ;)

Russ said:
Just buy the frigging thing and stop whining. We'll figure out what to do afterwards.

Mike I agree with Russ and others. Buy it and let's have some fun :cool:
If you don't want it let me know. With an investment it could be a great car for Josh to tool around in especially now that he has been behind the wheel of my baby :eek:
Yes NEasters Josh has finally taken an NSX for a ride and he was speechless :tongue:

If body/frame is str8 & major systems are ok...

IF:

- the motor, tranny/clutch, and A/C are all on par for a '92 (meaning no need for rebuild/overhaul/replacement... those systems are major expenditures)

- straight frame/chassis/suspension

- there is some idea of actual mileage (28k? 92k? 200k?)

... $12.5-15k would make the NSX in question a nifty purchase!

Otherwise, it easily can be a money-pit even for a person w/ access to vast resources such as Mike. That's one of the shortcomings of the NSX, if anything isn't done first-class and w/o compromise, it'll stickout like sore-thumb! :frown:

Last edited:
Your going to put 6k into it and have 20k total in the car.
For all you know it could be 160k miles, and in the condition you stated that sounds more likely. You can easily get a clean title car in decent condition with 160k miles in the low 20's.
You also state you just might have enough money to buy it, another bad idea to buy a pile with the last of your money(for now). Save up 6k more and find a clean title higher mileage decent NSX.
Dont make a rash decision.
It's not worth it.

-j-

if you had the cash to *spare* then i would consider it

but this sounds like it has the potential to get VERY ugly, VERY fast

if you were to get it for 1/2 what he was asking, then I'd go for it... but 13k is too much to pay for a potential timebomb that you might not be able to get rid of once it has been passed off to you...

Meeyatch1 said:
I like this guy!! Listen to him...and me!! :D

car appears to have frame damage :mad: Not 1, 2 but 3 seperate accidents were reported on this car. Seems like every 2 years the owner felt the need to smack it up like clockwork. As ive said, im all in at $12k but I dont think he's taking it.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
car appears to have frame damage :mad: Not 1, 2 but 3 seperate accidents were reported on this car. Seems like every 2 years the owner felt the need to smack it up like clockwork. As ive said, im all in at $12k but I dont think he's taking it.
"appears to have frame damage" ??
From three different accidents ?!!
Metal can only be bent and straightened so many times and with an NSX once is too many.

I wouldn't pay a dime for it.
Parts car.

-jc-

I already have my dream car: a supercharged 92 NSX with only 44k thats has every part you could possibly think of. I figured if it was cheap and a cool Type-R clone then I was on it. I want 2 NSX :biggrin: but like everything in life; when the timing is right-its right. Im going to steal on 2002 when a interesting one comes off lease. The good news about working for ACURA and selling alot of NSX; alot of NSX's come off lease. For some reason, if your the selling dealer of an NSX and its "grounded" at your dealership, the fun begins. Oh the 72 month financing at buy rate is a nice perk too.

I dont mind having 1 car payment at all time and mine is almost paid off so by this summer I should be ready. My winter project is my house so im going to concentrate on that for now :wink:

docmental said:
And now would you like some Prozac? :tongue:

Sure :biggrin:

docmental said:
Your insurance card please :biggrin: And can I bill you as a consult? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ya take Blue Cross/Blue shield? Cute kid in the avitar by the way :smile:

Mike you want to get a real kick run the car by your used car manager at the Dealership. You will see there is ZERO resale for that car.Now as a parts car that could be very interesting. If I'm you I show up with $9500 cash and the carfax report and watch what happens.If you do not buy the car PM me I will fly out treat you to lunch and maybe we can buy it together. We can drive it to a friends in Mexico keep it there for 60 days then re-enter USA and re-register it. The title will be clear and we can begin our NSX-R project.LMK.......Dan

Bobolinski said:
Mike you want to get a real kick run the car by your used car manager at the Dealership.

I am the used car manager :biggrin: I travel all over buying cars. Its a great gig. As many of you know; we specialize in Sport Compact Cars and its alot of fun. Im also the 11th biggest certified acura dealer in the country. :wink:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I am the used car manager :biggrin: I travel all over buying cars. Its a great gig. As many of you know; we specialize in Sport Compact Cars and its alot of fun. Im also the 11th biggest certified acura dealer in the country. :wink:

Dont you guys have a yellow mazdaspeed for sale for like 19k? You think you can get that price for it?

da3dalus said:
Dont you guys have a yellow mazdaspeed for sale for like 19k? You think you can get that price for it?

19k meaning miles or price?

If price is what your asking; id put the pipe down!
I have a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed in yellow just like yours with only 13k miles :eek: No paint work, no mods, no stories and I cant get $15,999 for it. To top it off; ive had it for 135 days in inventory. I had 3 I bought at the same time. 1 yellow, 1 black and a highly modded silver and the others had miles in the 40k-50k's- They're all gone but for some reason I still have this lonely Mazdaspeed. I sold the others for $17k ish :confused:

FYI- I sell RX8 6 speed, grand tourings for 20k-21k with average miles

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
19k meaning miles or price?

If price is what your asking; id put the pipe down!
I have a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed in yellow just like yours with only 13k miles :eek: No paint work, no mods, no stories and I cant get $15,999 for it. To top it off; ive had it for 135 days in inventory. I had 3 I bought at the same time. 1 yellow, 1 black and a highly modded silver and the others had miles in the 40k-50k's- They're all gone but for some reason I still have this lonely Mazdaspeed. I sold the others for $17k ish :confused:

FYI- I sell RX8 6 speed, grand tourings for 20k-21k with average miles

Yea i know man... I saw that when i was looking through your site and i thought on the web it was asking for 19k... and I was like holy crap... Yea... 15,999 is hard to do even... I was just intrested in what luck you had selling it. I cant belive its been with ya for so long. I would've picked it up at that price if i was still in the market. Its hard to find low miles on them nowdays. Thanks for the response man.

Back