• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The $14,000 NSX! What do you think?

I love it when i get to say.... "i told you so"

I think we all have too much stuff to worry about. I dont think any of us needs to worry about a salvage title and a bent frame + 3 accidents.

Keep your eyes open. There will ALWAYS be a better deal. GL

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I am the used car manager :biggrin: I travel all over buying cars. Its a great gig. As many of you know; we specialize in Sport Compact Cars and its alot of fun. Im also the 11th biggest certified acura dealer in the country. :wink:

There is a Honda dealer not far from here that has a 1997 Acura Integra Tyoe-R with about 75,000 miles on it and they want almost $20,000 for it!! You guys have had a nice number of these at your place....what should it go for??

By the way...as far as the '92 GPW NSX is concerned.....I would imagine if you showed up with a check in hand in the amount of your offer the seller would jump at it. Any pictures of this car??

scorp965 said:
Looks like this car is on ebay right now... He wants $15k
This is funny from the description:
"The speedo stoped working o few days ago so I am selling the car tmu and as-is. The title does show 52,000 and there is about 52,300 on car9still driving). So the title is a clean a clear NJ title with actual miles"

Speedo broke a few days ago and thats why its TMU.
Ha! Crooks.
He must have forgot when Bridgewater told him it showed TMU from texas and a salvage title.

I really think I drove this car several years ago. Please post a complete CarFax if you have one and I can tell you if it is the same one.

Here is the carfax:

ALERT! Severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615). This vehicle does NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
Blue Arrow This coupe has had 3 owners and was owned in Texas, North Carolina and New Jersey. The first title for this coupe was reported to CARFAX by a Texas DMV in 1992.
Blue Arrow It was severely damaged and issued a Salvage and Junk title by a DMV.
Blue Arrow It was issued a Not Actual Mileage title by a Texas DMV. This title is issued when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Blue Arrow CARFAX found an inconsistent odometer reading. CARFAX is uncertain whether this reading represents a rollback or a source-level clerical error.
Blue Arrow It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.
Blue Arrow Its original manufacturer warranty was voided after it was severely damaged.
Blue Arrow Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Compare car insurance rates now!

Report Summary

1. ACCIDENT CHECK
Total Loss Check Severe Accident or Total Loss Event Reported by a DMV
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported

2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK
Truth-In-Mileage Check Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found

3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV

4. OWNERSHIP CHECK
Number of Owners 3 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations

5. RECALL CHECK
ACURA Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX

6. WARRANTY CHECK
Warranty Voided
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 10 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Heading Graphic

Year/Make/Model: 1992 ACURA NSX

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 3.0L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: JAPAN
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Driver front air bag/passenger side active (manual) belt
Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

CARFAX Hot Listings
Find great cars just listed in your area — for FREE. View more listings for this type of vehicle
1991 ACURA NSX
Body Style: Coupe
Engine Type: 3.0L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
Free CARFAX Vehicle History Report Bob Zand Motor Co.
Distance: 17.29 mi
Contact Dealer
1991 ACURA NSX
Body Style: Coupe
Engine Type: 3.0L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
Free CARFAX Vehicle History Report Cove Motoring
Distance: 12.43 mi
Contact Dealer

Let us do the work!
Be the first to know about 1992 ACURA NSX vehicles just listed for sale in your area.
Email Address:

Heading Graphic

FREE to you from CARFAX. Additional information to help you make the right decision when buying or selling a used car or truck.

Blue Arrow

What are other CARFAX customers saying about this 1992 ACURA NSX?
Share what you know about this vehicle - Add a CARFAX Customer Rating & Comment.

Heading Graphic

Total Loss Check:

ALERT! Severe damage events were reported by a DMV for this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615). This vehicle does NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.

Salvage Title Reported No Loss Due To Fire Title Reported
Junk Title Reported No Flood Damage Title Reported
No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Reported No Hail Damage Title Reported
No Dismantled Title Reported No Canadian Total Loss Record Reported

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Automotive Recycler Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported
No Frame Damage Record Reported No Collision Repair Facility Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 22.Dec.2005 19:54:02. New data will result in a change to this report.
Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

CARFAX Help Center

Heading Graphic

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

ALERT! Major odometer problems were reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615). This vehicle does NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX analyzed the mileage history for this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615) and found an inconsistent odometer reading. CARFAX is uncertain whether this is a rollback or a source-level clerical error. Please verify this mileage with your dealer or a qualified mechanic.

Reading reported on 04/16/1994: 92,000 miles
Inconsistent reading on 03/12/1998: 27,051 miles
Reading reported on 06/26/1998: 28,091 miles

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

CARFAX Help Center

Heading Graphic

No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615).

CARFAX Help Center

Heading Graphic

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615) had 3 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 07/02/1992 Texas
2nd owner 12/30/1998 North Carolina
3rd owner 06/06/2003 New Jersey

CARFAX AdvisorTM
The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615) was checked for 8 types of registrations.

No Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

CARFAX Help Center

Heading Graphic

ACURA does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 1992 ACURA NSX. You can also contact an authorized dealership or ACURA at 1-800-999-1009 to find out if this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615) still has recalls that require repair.

CARFAX Help Center

Heading Graphic
The original manufacturer warranty for this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615) was most likely voided when this vehicle was severely damaged.

Estimated start date of warranty: 07/02/1992
Last reading reported on 06/06/2003: 52,000 miles
Today's Date: December 22, 2005

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty:
Basic No data reported to CARFAX Void
Drivetrain No data reported to CARFAX Void
Emissions No data reported to CARFAX Void
Corrosion No data reported to CARFAX Void
Transferable No data reported to CARFAX Void
Roadside Assistance No data reported to CARFAX Void
Safety Belt & Inflatable Restraint No data reported to CARFAX Void
Specific Components No data reported to CARFAX Void

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. This warranty information is only valid for vehicles manufactured for sale in the US. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the ACURA web site.

CARFAX Help Center

Click here to find out more!

Heading Graphic
CARFAX searched more than 4 billion records from over 7,600 sources and found 10 record(s) for this 1992 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1153NT000615).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:
07/02/1992 48 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Dallas, TX
Title #35361297
Title or registration issued
First owner reported
04/16/1994 92,000 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Dallas, TX
Title #00022200042324774
Title or registration issued
10/27/1997 27,045 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Grand Prairie, TX
Title #29704235728155626
SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE TITLE ISSUED

CARFAX AdvisorTM
A NAM title is issued when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer to a DMV. The actual mileage of this vehicle is unknown.

Mileage reported after this reading is potentially unreliable.
03/12/1998 27,051 New York
Inspection Station
New York City Area
Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection
INCONSISTENT ODOMETER READING

View what was inspected
CARFAX AdvisorTM
CARFAX analyzed this mileage history and is uncertain whether this reading represents a rollback or a clerical error. Please verify the mileage with your dealer or a qualified mechanic.
06/26/1998 28,091 New York
Inspection Station
New York City Area
Passed safety inspection

View what was inspected
12/30/1998 27,405 North Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Greensboro, NC
Title #774307990467076
New owner reported
NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE TITLE ISSUED
03/01/2001 46,338 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
04/30/2001 49,121 North Carolina
Inspection Station
Greensboro, NC
06/06/2003 52,000 New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Helmetta, NJ
Title #EB20031570035
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Not Reported Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
JUNK TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:

* First Owner
When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.
* Junk Title
A Junk Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle for safe operation exceeds its fair market value; or a vehicle that has been declared a Total Loss by an insurer or other state or jurisdiction. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage but the majority use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state.
* Mileage Inconsistency
If a more recent odometer reading is less than an older reading but CARFAX is uncertain whether the discrepancy is a rollback or a clerical error, then CARFAX calls it a "Mileage Inconsistency". In this case, you should verify the mileage with your dealer or a qualified mechanic.
* New Owner Reported
When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.
* Not Actual Mileage Title
When the seller certifies, under the Truth-in-Mileage Act, that the odometer reading is NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE. This may occur because the disclosed odometer reading was not accurate and verifiable.
* Salvage Title
A Salvage Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle for safe operation exceeds its fair market value; or a vehicle that has been declared a Total Loss by an insurer or other state or jurisdiction. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage but the majority use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state. The following ten States also use Salvage titles to identify stolen vehicles - AZ, FL, GA, IL, MN, NJ, NM, NY, OK and OR.

CARFAX Help Center

Click here to find out more!

Additional Services & Resources:
Car Price Quote Vehicle Financing Insurance Center

CARFAX Disclaimer:

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®

Formatting got screwed up, but here are the highlights according to carfax:

-96k miles in 1994
-27k in 1997
-salvage title/not actual miles issued in 1997
-junk title (second accident) in 2003
-3 owners
-last mileage reported was 52k in 2003
-made appearances in TX, NJ, NY, NC

just to clear things up. i bought the car. i had it on a rack and the frame was ok but you could see the front clip was replaced. it does have a clear NJ title and I didnt find out the history till a guy came up from NC to buy it. this car needed lots of tlc and the body was nasty(Maco could do better). well we all know what a running and driving nsx is worth so I robbed it and sold it to a local that wanted a nsx project. he is now getting me to build the motor 8.5 compresion,aem ems,1000cc injectors,twin gt35r t3 turbos,etc.(list goes on and on). and you guys should see a 800whp pump gas nsx. so the car is sold and this is a dead end.

gr8laser said:
just to clear things up. i bought the car. i had it on a rack and the frame was ok but you could see the front clip was replaced. it does have a clear NJ title and I didnt find out the history till a guy came up from NC to buy it. this car needed lots of tlc and the body was nasty(Maco could do better). well we all know what a running and driving nsx is worth so I robbed it and sold it to a local that wanted a nsx project. he is now getting me to build the motor 8.5 compresion,aem ems,1000cc injectors,twin gt35r t3 turbos,etc.(list goes on and on). and you guys should see a 800whp pump gas nsx. so the car is sold and this is a dead end.

Great to hear this car is going in as Clark Kent and is coming out as Superman! It sounds like a great project car.

ya, its real nice watching junk turn into something great. here is a pic of a plane 1992 Laser awd(aka Talon or Eclipse) engine bay after i got my hands on it.

Attachments

• car 133.jpg
    car 133.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 225
gr8laser said:
ya, its real nice watching junk turn into something great. here is a pic of a plane 1992 Laser awd(aka Talon or Eclipse) engine bay after i got my hands on it.

That is really nice clean work, I am anxious to see the NSX after you are done.

Have fun and take lots of pictures!

That thing looks as shitty as the day I first saw it. Total piece of junk. Ive got enough spare parts to finish this thing off but it still seems like a money pit.

wow that car makes my salvage car look like a million bucks. Thanks for making my day :biggrin:
and goodluck if you decide to take on the project. It would be pretty awesome to just strip the interior and make it a track only car. I dont know if I like the idea of a beater nsx though. I like track only better.

d1 guy said:
wow that car makes my salvage car look like a million bucks. Thanks for making my day :biggrin:
and goodluck if you decide to take on the project. It would be pretty awesome to just strip the interior and make it a track only car. I dont know if I like the idea of a beater nsx though. I like track only better.

I probably could have bought this white car for $13k. Id have to say, I think yours is worth $25k. Stock or modded up.:wink:

wtf double your money? what are you talking about?

If all salvage pos where worth 30k.... what would a nice clear title 30K nsx be worth? 60K? :rolleyes:

if it was worth more in parts, it would not be for sale complete as a salvage car. people part out cars for a living. if there where 100% mark up in parts, people would be doing it.:rolleyes:

i got a spare tire laying around some where. I'll sell it to your for 100$ and you can part it out and make 100$ on the rims and 100$ on the tire.:biggrin:

RON98 said:
wtf double your money? what are you talking about?

If all salvage pos where worth 30k.... what would a nice clear title 30K nsx be worth? 60K? :rolleyes:

if it was worth more in parts, it would not be for sale complete as a salvage car. people part out cars for a living. if there where 100% mark up in parts, people would be doing it.:rolleyes:

i got a spare tire laying around some where. I'll sell it to your for 100$ and you can part it out and make 100$ on the rims and 100$ on the tire.:biggrin:

Well your right not double but u could defiantly make some money parting it out. parts are only getting more expensive to buy.
+ At 13K it dont look that bad (track car)

someone bid it..omg..
I bet the buyer will back out in the end. :tongue:

That poor car needs to be put out of its misery. :cool:

Back