• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

Dat track in Austin. Mmmm! The esses and elevation changes make it look like a fun track. It did seem to make for exciting racing. And there was passing!

Oh and this
Leave-me-alone-I-know-what-Im-doing.jpg

Last edited:
Ah.

Wonderful!

So we can all go drive our NSX there soon and experience what the F1 drivers experienced.

Yes

All that money and effort to run just one race per year on that track?

This is what I hate about the internet, people are so quick to shoot from the hip, without getting any facts. Just like all the celebrity death hoaxes. People just repost stuff without verifying.

Re: Writing the $50 check; who to make it out to?

Well, you might be right or you might be pulling my leg; got a lot of that when I asked over in the other forum. I went back thru the main thread 2.5 years ago and didn't see any bet on the Austin race.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136828&highlight=Austin+Formula+Track

Was it somewhere else?

Just yanking on your leg. But I've always believed in this project from the get go, even with the setbacks and what not. Over at FerrariChat, some of naysayers have helped themselves to plenty of crow. Others though, not a peep from them.

Re: I'd take that bet again

Well, there's promoters, investors and the peanut gallery with nothing to lose who can say it will all be fine and wonderful.

And then there's the Dilberts and the project managers whose job it is to deliver. As such, we can hope for the best but absolutely must plan (and expect) for the worst. This deck was stacked against the typical developer/design/legal/contractor team in this situation and for the project to be on time and world class was very very unusual.

I'm betting now that there is a lot more to the story than the "We're from Texas, screw you" bravado that was the go-to argument for why it was gonna happen.

At the end of the day, that was the best $50 I ever lost.

Re: Writing the $50 check; who to make it out to?

Well, you might be right or you might be pulling my leg; got a lot of that when I asked over in the other forum. I went back thru the main thread 2.5 years ago and didn't see any bet on the Austin race.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136828&highlight=Austin+Formula+Track

Was it somewhere else?

Might have been me! since I can't remember, though, if it was me, I waive the bet.

I thought it was a good race. I'm thankful Bernie moved the race to Nov instead of the original June date as it would have been 100 w/ 90% humidity.
Disappointed in Ferrari's pace, but that has nothing to do w/ the track.
Miner

It's not hapened but this was amazing race.All this year it was real pleasure to watch F1 races.
Now lets wait next year and see if Ferrari will produce better car for Fernando and Felipe.

It was year to remember.

A great season, and 3 great races to end it all off.

While the smart money had to be on Seb to achieve what he did today, I dont think I'm alone in wishing it had gone to Fernando for having drvien the wheels of his ferrari all year long. Massa was a true team player the last couple of weeks.

Good season for Kimi ... if he stays as consistent next yr then a little better machinary could see him take the next title.

Oh well, only 3 1/2 months to go to the next 5 red lights ....

regards,

Great season. Really too bad it's all over for the Varsha/Hobbs/Matchett/Speed team. Speed did a great job. And I consider Varsha one of the best sports broadcasters in the business, and not just for motorsports. He's as good as any of the stick and ball announcers, and I will miss him calling the races.

Love him or hate him, but Vettel's drive back through the field after being turned around just smacks of a worthy World Champion. How strong are modern F1 cars?? After Vettel's hit and Hulkenberg playing dodgems with his car for both to have finished is incredible. What a fantastic race, indeed season! :)

Great season. Really too bad it's all over for the Varsha/Hobbs/Matchett/Speed team. Speed did a great job. And I consider Varsha one of the best sports broadcasters in the business, and not just for motorsports. He's as good as any of the stick and ball announcers, and I will miss him calling the races.

Ha! Speed did a crappy job! I guess I can't complain, something is better than nothing. No, wait, I can complain. I either streamed the races, or downloaded the torrents after the race. Matchett is going to NBCSports, but I don't agree with Hobbs coming over too. At least we're not getting Varsha. I'll most likely continue to stream or download the races next year.

Love him or hate him, but Vettel's drive back through the field after being turned around just smacks of a worthy World Champion. How strong are modern F1 cars?? After Vettel's hit and Hulkenberg playing dodgems with his car for both to have finished is incredible. What a fantastic race, indeed season! :)

That Williams or whatever car it was that smacked into him, obviously didn't hit him hard enough. I really got pissed at Schumacher for not putting up a fight against Vettel and just letting him thru. He pulled a Timo Glock. I Fncking hate him now.

BTW, excellent drive and win by Jenson Button! As soon as he got past Hamilton, it was his race. Had a 40+ second lead when the safety car was deployed, but he drove an excellent race to the finish.

Latest Tooned Episode with last appearance from Hamilton. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl2LKsxCr60&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Amazing race to end the season. Vettel deserved the title after his drive in Brazil. Very happy Fernando is still without a 3rd title but of course, the star of the race was Jenson, the master of changing conditions. Force India followed his call to stay out and Nico benefited from it. Without that safety car, Hamilton, nor Alonso would have ever caught Jenson and Hulk. Here's to hoping McLaren comes strong next season and Jenson can really shine.

Last edited:
so did vettel overtake under a yellow flag or not as he battled back in the first few laps? ..... ferrari still might appeal if they think so...

the incident(s) were missed by most as it wasn't on the standard global TV feed (that was showing start re-runs at the time)

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...P-result-did-Vettel-pass-under-a-yellow-flag-

I think it's in the hands of the FIA now. The deadline for the teams to file a complaint/appeal has passed from my understanding.
I have not followed the whole ordeal in detail, but there was some confusion as to wether it was a yellow flag, orange, orange/yellow-black, err.. or something to that effect. I did watch a short video clip of the pass, and to me it clearly shows Vettel passing under yellow flag as you can see the yellow light obviously flashing. Who knows what will happen.

I think it's in the hands of the FIA now. The deadline for the teams to file a complaint/appeal has passed from my understanding.
I have not followed the whole ordeal in detail, but there was some confusion as to wether it was a yellow flag, orange, orange/yellow-black, err.. or something to that effect. I did watch a short video clip of the pass, and to me it clearly shows Vettel passing under yellow flag as you can see the yellow light obviously flashing. Who knows what will happen.

Looks like already decided:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104644

I have been watching F1 since 1966 (yes i am that old) and Ferrari has often been a bad loser.
Perhaps Alonso deserved a crown this year but certainly not Ferrari.

Back