• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

I finally got to watch the DVR recording of the race. I don't know what was more entertaining: the race or the post-race interviews. OMG, I'm still laughing! "Second language" my @ss.:biggrin:

Classic.

Can't wait for USGP! I am so stoked to hear these beasts in person again! Wow, what a season. This has been a fun year.

Current issue of F1 Racing magazine has a 13 page feature of the Team From Enstone, which made the car for Michael Schumacher to win his first two WDCs, and for Fernando Alonso to win his first two WDCs as well.

Lotus.jpg

1598a0ea0974eceef412b0530e36d14d.jpg

Aerial view. Street view.

So says their website:
Nestling deep in Oxfordshire, Lotus F1 Team’s home of the Whiteways Technical Centre on the outskirts of the village of Enstone, near Chipping Norton, is an unexpected technical tour de force nestling in the verdant farmland.

The 17 acre former quarry is a Local Wildlife Site (LWS), selected due to the value and botanical interest in the unimproved limestone grassland that is included on the site; in addition it’s also a site of natural landscape significance due to the flora and fauna on site.

Amidst the butterflies and orchids, a state of the art 60% scale wind tunnel, ‘Driver in the Loop’ simulator and full production facility for Formula 1 cars can be found, all artfully designed to blend into the local countryside and not impact on the lives of the local inhabitants.​

Last edited:
Here's to another Kimi win or Checo, Button or Nando in second, and a DNF for Vettel!!

It's awesome that speed is covering everything for the race in Austin this weekend. Really psyched about this.

I watched first practice this morning and now watching 3rd live. By qualifying i'll be overdosed w/ Austin.

RB looks solid, hoping that Alonso can stay close and keep the championshp race alive. Maybe the cool weather will affect the Renault alternator.

Miner

Good morning folks!! I missed FP3 this morning, just woke up, but so stoked for Qualifying!!! :D
About half hour to go. Come on 'nando, Jenny, and Checo!!!

Somebody on f1fanatic.co.uk claims Ron Dennis may take over as McLaren team principal next year. Is there any possibility of that happening?

Now this would be the dream team: 2014 spec Honda turbo engine, one wild Latin driver and one methodical English driver, Ron Dennis as team principal.

Ayrton_Senna_1988_Canada.jpg

How has all this bad luck been bestowed upon Jenson? McLaren has royally messed up any chances they've had at gaining maximum points for the team on Sundays.

P.S. Ted - Welcome back. Where ya been?

I'm ready for the race, should be a good one.

My main reason for getting the slingbox was so i could get speed while away from home :wink:

Mike

You guys in US got great race track it was so interesting race untill end.
Great race for Lewis he proved he is top 3 driver.Just don't know what is happening with Ferrari performance with this car Fernando has no possibility to win the race.
Can rain in Brasil help him???

I watched Speed TV's free internet stream of in car cameras throughout the whole race and I can truly appreciate the dramatic elevation changes in parts of the track.

Hamilton did very well. I congratulate him.

OB-VJ994_1118f1_G_20121118180509.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately up here in Canada ,Speed doesn't have the rights to show F1. They can only show practice sessions. No qualifying,no race.
Luckily I can watch all the races on TSN with the BBC feed . Except todays race nobody showed it. Bastards. I'll have to wait until Speed shows a repeat of it, usually on Tues. Yes, they can show it taped, just not live. Go figure.

Unfortunately up here in Canada ,Speed doesn't have the rights to show F1. They can only show practice sessions. No qualifying,no race.
Luckily I can watch all the races on TSN with the BBC feed . Except todays race nobody showed it. Bastards. I'll have to wait until Speed shows a repeat of it, usually on Tues. Yes, they can show it taped, just not live. Go figure.

Just download a torrent of the BBC/SKY broadcast. Much better than anything you're gonna get from Speed, AND you don't have to wait till Tuesday.

The uploads by "footy" are the best, but the race upload is not available yet.

Two South American uploads are there, but I prefer the BBC version in English.

Racingfor.me is the best. Used to be Racing-Underground.

Re: Wow, that was over the top

For every aspect of that race and facility to be presented so well and completely, well, if I had a cowboy hat, I'd tip it with great respect.

back when the race was being pronounced DOA more than once, I placed 2 $50 bets. I've paid off on one, but can't locate my record of the 2nd. Did I bet someone here? If so, let me know. Thanks.

Re: Wow, that was over the top

For every aspect of that race and facility to be presented so well and completely, well, if I had a cowboy hat, I'd tip it with great respect.

back when the race was being pronounced DOA more than once, I placed 2 $50 bets. I've paid off on one, but can't locate my record of the 2nd. Did I bet someone here? If so, let me know. Thanks.

Me.

:p

All that money and effort to run just one race per year on that track?

Really?? :confused:

They already had the Formula Run, Formula1, some sort of Historic F1 race, so far this year. Next year, MotoGP, V8 Supercars, will be there. Also plans for American Le Mans Series and Rolex Sports Car Series at COTA are in the works.

I'm sure they will have club track days, concerts, and plenty of other events.
Are you trolling?

Back