• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2015 F1 thread

Last edited:
I really wish McLaren moved away from plain white/silver coveralls. McLaren has had some nice one-off suits every so often.

Attachments

• lewis-jenson-show-red-in-china2.jpg
    lewis-jenson-show-red-in-china2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 26
  • Jenson-Button-red-race-suit-Shanghai-circuit_2586102.jpg
    Jenson-Button-red-race-suit-Shanghai-circuit_2586102.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 6jg6mg.jpg
    6jg6mg.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 29
I know this vid came out in October but since the big reveal is tomorrow I thought it might be interesting to see if anything has changed.

I'm not sure anyone has seen the black McLaren livery. There was an example on FB but it was an older car. I've read that there will be two launches: 1) one tomorrow with a black anonymous livery for Jerez testing and 2) a different livery later on but before the first race.

We'll see tomorrow!

Yeah, my brother sent me some pictures taken at the Detroit auto show, showing Black livery with the Honda Logo....I can't find the pictures or the email anymore.

Bram

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the pictures
View attachment 120248
View attachment 120249
View attachment 120250

Cool stuff, but that's not the livery, just some merchandise.

- - - Updated - - -

The McLaren Honda boys, Alonso and Button did a spoof of Back to the Future.
I love the California plates they used.
Here's my version with the official theme added at the beginning and end.
ENJOY!

Last edited:
I like it! Reminds me of the West sponsorship of Macca back in the Haikkinen and David Cardboard days.

Prudence dictates that we manage our expectations. I'm hoping 99% of the gremlins have been worked out b/c I really don't want to see a test like the one last season.

NSXrebel, you are absolutely right. For us old timers (first race 1967 Monaco, anyone beats me?) silver is the quintessential German color (Porsche/Merc). Bruce McL had pretty much settled on yellow/orange until sponsorships dictated livery.

As long as it has a flying Kiwi on the side and a Honda engine in the back and goes like stink I don't care what colour it is. Although they have said this is just the test livery and will announce a new sponsor soon so we shall see before Melbourne.

I checked youtube for a few video's, but the sound isn't transmiting well. Hope
someone can post a really clean hd video.

lots of misfiring coming from the McHonda :/

Vettel tops the charts on 1st day of testing, but then again Raikkonen did the same thing last year in the Ferrari and you know how well that went...

Some may not like Ron and think he is full of it but he had to come back from retirement to take over Martin to get things done at McLaren. If any of his statement has any traction, Big Mac will be back. "Trash talk" from a seasoned global CEO is not empty promise IMO especially Ron knows what winning is like. Besides, Honda is not allowed to loose. Whatever they are doing, looks like its taking to the next level.

Ron Dennis says

"Some of the technologies that have been introduced to the power train haven't existed before," revealed Dennis.
"Obviously going into areas that have never been exploited before carries a degree of risk, which we think we have got a handle on.
"That problems that we have experienced are really stemming from the intense packaging that goes on inside the engine - but this is what testing is all about."

McLaren has never produced a more tightly packaged and better manufactured car in its history, as he hailed the work of his and Honda's design teams.
"The engine is an integral part of our 'size zero' philosophy," he said. "The car is phenomenally tightly packaged in the back end.
"[Chief engineer] Peter Prodromou and his team, I have to say, have taken full advantage of the level of detailing and the precision of manufacturing of the components has surpassed any McLaren standards of the past.

"The elegance of some of the aero solutions, as they are packaged into the suspension, brake ducts and all of these things, we think are to the level that we have never been able to achieve before.

"Have we taken some calculated technical risks? Yes.
"These relate to technologies that we are the first to deploy, and we will work hard to get performance advantages.
"And it probably will not even be Australia before we know how we are doing. I expect it will be two or three races before we really get the lie of the land."

Back