• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tramontana R - Spanish Supercar

1. Don't think I'll be buying anything from Spain in the near term.
2. Don't think my date(s) would be too keen on it with that seating arrangement.
3. Extremely ugly.

Last edited:
Wouldn't bet on this being the export to save Spain's economy.

Last edited:
It tried too hard to be an ugly open wheeled race car and ended up to be the ugliest road car. I would not mind if it was a lawnmower though.
Steve

Looks like one of the insecticons from the old transformers cartoons :cool:

The Dymag carbon / magnesium wheels are the nicest things on this car.

Last edited:
I just like the fighter pilot type enclosure hah, but I do agree after looking at more side shots its kind of bulky/ugly. From the front though, I like it.

I do have to say it is wayyyy too expensive, I would take a koenigsegg over this in a heart beat. Also, my guess is that the Ariel Atom is probably very competitive with this car in terms of performance but at under an eighth the cost

Here we go again. Chrysler failed at this cycle fender horror with the Prowler. :eek:

"While one would assume this thing to post faster acceleration times, the car is quite heavy, tipping the scales at around 2800 lb. Why not make it lighter? Simple, the makers of the Tramontana R intended for the car to be more of a street-legal Grand Tourer than a race car, so they’ve included included a number of creature comforts such as air-conditioning and a high-fi audio system."

Really more like an A/C a stereo and two boat anchors. Why make it fugly if it's not light?

Anyone remember Bultaco motorcycles ?

"While one would assume this thing to post faster acceleration times, the car is quite heavy, tipping the scales at around 2800 lb. Why not make it lighter? Simple, the makers of the Tramontana R intended for the car to be more of a street-legal Grand Tourer than a race car, so they’ve included included a number of creature comforts such as air-conditioning and a high-fi audio system."

Really more like an A/C a stereo and two boat anchors. Why make it fugly if it's not light?

Not only heavy ........... I wonder what the coefficient of drag is on this nightmare, ie: all of those damn protrusions? :eek:

Only a parent could love this child :confused:

di-tramontana-r-004_gallery_image_large.jpg

LOL:tongue:

I agree, for a car that's as ugly as that it sure as hell is a heavy SOB. Hell you can strip down an NSX and be close to that, still have AC and the stereo.

I second the notion that I would not buy anything requiring serious engineering from the spanish, I'm sorry show me one technical marvel from Spain that has revolutionized anything.

Back