• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Transferring a Certified Warranty

OK again no luck with a search:

Has anyone gone through the process of transferring a "Certified" Acura warranty. I have recently purchased a car with at least 4 years remaining on the Certified warranty.

I saw something a while back that mentioned a $50 transfer fee and a short window to make the change over, but I don't think it was very comprehensive and I can't seem to find it now.

Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar)
98 GMC Sierra
00 HD Dyna WideGlide
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

Paul,

You have 15 days from the date of sale.

You fill out the 'transfer of contract' form (I emailed it to you), with $50, and a copy of the bill of sale to:

American Honda Finance Corporation
PO Box 2225
Torrance, CA 90509-2225

Their 800 number is 1-800-810-4256 with any questions you have.

In that form, they require the signature of the seller. Oddly enough, a power of attorney form enclosed with mine did not work. Now that they have my $50, they've given me 60 days to get this part done.

Hope this helps.

-Troy

Actually if its a "certified" vehicle it automatically transfers like the original manufacturers warranty. In the event that it has an Acura extended service contract, you will have to pay the fees to American Honda and fill out forms as such. There is a big difference between the two, but any Acura dealer should be able to pull your vin and tell you.

Thanks Susan,

You are Awesome!

Back