• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you do with your NSX today?

This was yesterday, but took it out early for a couple of quick errands and then stopped by a Cars n' Coffee at the Starbucks near me that a guy at the Acura dealership told me about. Don't have anything to compare it to, but it looked like a right good turnout. 4, maybe 5 Ferraris, a McLaren P12, half a dozen or so new 'Vettes, about as many old ones, and I don't know how many Porsches, but a bunch, new and classic. A smattering of others, but mine was the only NSX.

It got a lot of attention, I was barely out of the car and there were a half dozen people around it, a lot of "I haven't seen one of these in a while". Guy asks "What's that, about a 2002?". I said "No, a '91". His jaw almost hit the pavement. Honcho, you'll love this, the comment I heard more than anything else was "I can't believe that's a '91!"

So this young guy, definitely an NSX fan, knows a lot about them, is asking a lot of questions, taking pics, and we start talking about the Fujitsubo exhaust. I was trying to describe the sound and eventually said, "Screw it, no verbal description will do it justice, get in the car", and took him for a spin around the block. Judging from the saucer-eyed look he gave me, he approved. He had two buddies with him, turned out they were all recent Biomedical Engineering grads from Drexel, my alma mater, and I didn't want to short the other two so I gave them rides as well. It was a lot of fun and they had a genuine appreciation for the car. After about an hour and a half things started breaking up so I came on home.

Love it! I can't tell you how many times people told me it was a new NSX and the look on their faces when I said it was a 91. :D I took it to show on LI once and parked next to an Enzo- my little NSX had a bigger crowd. :) I mean, people just totally geeking out on it. That Ferrari owner was visibly frustrated. Glad to see you are having the same experience.

Had two new rear tires installed. Since the fronts are Potenza RE010's that only have about 3k miles on them, I purchased the rears to match. This also is in keeping with my "totally stock" theme. The rears were very old and were basically disintegrating as I drove.

The Acura dealer parked my NSX next to a black one out back:

photo (3).jpg

Took for a spin today after I got my new JP lip installed with custom front diffuser. It didn't fly off the highway, so far so good :)

Very very tastefully modified! Great job!

Had sex in mine last night... with the roof still on :biggrin:

Had sex in mine last night... with the roof still on :biggrin:

Your username seems appropriate then.... :tongue:

Got my 91 back from Mase, new fuel pump, wideband, oil pressure sender. Running sooo smooth now, as we say in England, goes like "sh*t off a shovel". 370rwhp at about 95 degrees and a dozen pulls. It was like an oven in his shop at midnight. Rear fender was 105 degrees at one point. Intercooler kept intake temps steady though.

Last edited:
Your username seems appropriate then.... :tongue:

Got my 91 back from Mase, new fuel pump, wideband, oil pressure sender. Running sooo smooth now, as we say in England, goes like "sh*t off a shovel". 370rwhp at about 95 degrees and a dozen pulls. It was like an oven in his shop at midnight. Rear fender was 105 degrees at one point. Intercooler kept intake temps steady though.

lol ironically my user name is just my initials after 95nsx :tongue:

but put in "carbon fiber" interior and new spark plugs and coils this weekend :biggrin:

lol ironically my user name is just my initials after 95nsx :tongue:

but put in "carbon fiber" interior and new spark plugs and coils this weekend :biggrin:

My two tags are 99nsxtc and nsxtc.... :eek:)

Pics of the interior?

Last edited:
uploadfromtaptalk1430408946703.jpg ta da

Nice. I have the same set up. The cf trim kit allows easy modification with high quality results. I have had many aftermarket consoles in carbon and frp. The sos kit makes it so easy to modify Oem console. If you cut too large, the kit covers it all up....

Nice. I have the same set up. The cf trim kit allows easy modification with high quality results. I have had many aftermarket consoles in carbon and frp. The sos kit makes it so easy to modify Oem console. If you cut too large, the kit covers it all up....

lol wow, i didnt think about the whole cut too large, cover it up concept... that wouldve saved hours of using a file...

There is a hole in my coin tray also. The dealer put it there in 1993 when he installed the analog mobile phone. The old dial pad lived in that space and they needed the hole for the wires -- at least in my car. I removed the phone to free up the space (it filled the entire console and coin tray.) I have it boxed up in my basement, along with about 25 pages of instructions on how to re-install it, should the car ever become collectible.

NSXCA NE Dinner.

21C5E7C2-EFE7-4A4D-8C47-31BC4681A06C_zpsh2rxncbb.jpg

NSXCA NE Dinner.

Awesome, wish I could have attended. Other issues got in the way. As Philly sports fans have gotten used to saying, "there's always next year".

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of days ago (Saturday), I installed a set of Morimoto Elite HID low beams to replace the 15 year old HIDs that were in there.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-9006.html?carDisplay=1991+Acura+NSX&preselect=RELAY-9006%2CXB-BALLAST-35%2CXB2-9006-5

Excellent kit and the lights are awesome, but the connectors are too big to fit inside the caps and stick out the hole that you have to cut in the back of the cap. I have some ideas for how to fix that but for now I'll have to be careful about not getting water under there. Can post details in a DIY thread if anyone's interested, but other than the issue with the caps, it's a pretty standard HID install.

^Nice…

606ca8a6e4406f0efd8e6fad0e71426f.jpg

I got tired of seeing my broken shark attack antenna. My radio hadn't worked in years (head unit needs a rebuild) but I haven't missed my radio so I decided to remove it completely.

dc279d7d734d70e48b7a20a38ea3e9ac.jpg

And install a nice clean, lightweight plug

34b731e51c065f1374469bfcf04a27f1.jpg

I also purchased this cover from Top Speed (vendor here) very nice and the closest thing to the oem Acura fender cover I have seen.

d45300649520b3d94a057627a08bd76c.jpg

606ca8a6e4406f0efd8e6fad0e71426f.jpg

I got tired of seeing my broken shark attack antenna. My radio hadn't worked in years (head unit needs a rebuild) but I haven't missed my radio so I decided to remove it completely.

dc279d7d734d70e48b7a20a38ea3e9ac.jpg

And install a nice clean, lightweight plug

34b731e51c065f1374469bfcf04a27f1.jpg

I also purchased this cover from Top Speed (vendor here) very nice and the closest thing to the oem Acura fender cover I have seen.

d45300649520b3d94a057627a08bd76c.jpg

They sell a more flat one. That one is raised kinda high. I can post a pic of mine later if you want.

Had it wrapped uploadfromtaptalk1431614584657.jpg

gave her a bath and took some pics with the new wheels on.

1cf6cb88-7f39-4588-926c-7f4d874076b0.jpg

Download-File

Last edited:
Back