• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you do with your NSX today?

.....first drive today since november....got the wobble out of the front tires after a few miles......felt good started right up no drama.Now just have to chase down the dreaded somewhere from the back groan/hum ....most likely a dying wheel bearing.

Sun is out, it's 80 degrees, so I took a short drive with the top off. Gotta love SoTex!

Drove it to work and for the return trip home, stowed the targa top and felt the sun on my face. It was a good day.

Watched the snow melt ... :smile:

Finished dis-assembly of my last caliper.
Off to power coat tomorrow.

View attachment 110875

Ha! I'm in the middle of the same project... got the car up on jackstands and tore everything down yesterday, got into the calipers today. I'll get the new rotors and brake lines installed while waiting for the calipers to come back.

checked air pressure, checked oil, vacuumed carpet and mats, filled it up
went for a drive on a nice Sunday afternoon
strange that everyone else seemed slower for some reason :biggrin:

-
Thanks for sharing the exploded view of the brake caliper components, that will help someone someday down the road

Last edited:
1374235_10153260710530333_1704988193_n.jpgI drove it to get dinner. Love driving it. I did just get a new clutch slave cylinder with the SOS delay valve delete. Drives like a champion the last couple of weeks.20131217_162444.jpg

Last edited:
My wife bought me a NASCAR Experience a couple of Christmas's ago so we decided to use it on Friday. Drove the NSX to Auto Club Speedway and got my track suit and drivers meeting out of the way. As I'm getting into the car I'm talking with the crewman who is strapping me in the car and asks me if I'm familiar with race cars. I tell him I have an NSX. He asks me if mine is the yellow one in the parking lot and I respond "yes". He says to me "you know what your doing, go have fun". So I did.

View attachment 111952View attachment 111953View attachment 111954

Last edited:
Removed my custom front mounted oil cooler setup, installed my modified version of the SOS rear mounted cooler, reconfigured the oil pressure and temp gauge senders, changed oil, cleaned the insides of all the wheels, as well as the bottom of the car, then took it for a test drive. I felt a little 'something' odd about the steering, so when I got it back to the house I pulled the 6 Sparco steering wheel screws off and put my trusty 19mm on the main nut and tightened it about a half turn! Its not supposed to back out as its a nylon locking one! Better now.

My can has never felt better, never been faster and just rolled over 116k miles. Schwing! Here's to another Summer of fun!

I worked on taking my car apart in order to get to the blown coolant hose from yesterday that caused my car to ride home the 100 + miles on a flatbed back to my house. LOL! :)

I had my fiancé sit in our sunroom and listen to see how far away she could hear my car as I drove down the street/through town. :tongue:

Pulled the CCU and fan and sent to BrianK for the fix. Installed a Smartenna.

Drove it to Home Depot only to come out 10 minutes later and see 2 employes snapping pics as well as a slew of questions from bystanders. I have to say it never gets old and I love it. Oh I vtecked all the way home as well.

Drop it off at Niguel Motors to have the 120K service done, including replacing all the hoses and getting fuel injectors cleaned.

Finished the brake project, washed it and headed our for a brake break-in :->

I enjoyed the unbelievably great weather we've had here in South Texas. Taken at the late President, Lyndon B Johnson's Ranch.

Attachments

• DSCN0735.jpg
    DSCN0735.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 224
Back