• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did YOU pay for your NSX? (and when?)

Thats such a low price you must have known this person, or been otherwise "on the inside". Had that car been on the open market it wouldnt have sold for that price.

I just purchased a black/black 1991 with 5 spd with 29000 miles.1 owner $63000. I will be keeping it for the next 20 years and wanted to find one with low miles but enough to drive it and not worry about keeping it showroom new like the 5000 mi one they want $90000 for

nice, a low mileage driver:wink:......post up some info on your hunt....you seem like the seller's dream buyer.....:biggrin:

Thats such a low price you must have known this person, or been otherwise "on the inside". Had that car been on the open market it wouldnt have sold for that price.

I met the previous owner at a networking event on a Friday and bought it the following Tuesday. He wanted 25k at first but said he didnt want to deal with tire kickers. Over the weekend i spoke with some car people here in SoCal, they said if i could get it between 17-22 depending on condition (I had not seen it at that point). I'd be doing well. I told the seller exactly that range. When i got there he could not produce the recipt for the belt service that was supposedly done when he bought it and a few other things. I had taken the train from Orange County to San Diego. I told him I would do $16.5k all in (Taxes, reg , etc) That ended up being $15.8 exclusive of that. I said i'd buy it without a PPI and pay on the spot or i was leaving and selling a salvage car is not much fun (as i am sure i'll find out if and when i ever sell it). He agreed to the price.

Super nice guy too though, we talk regularly still. I'm picking the car up from my mechanics shop in 2 hours where it just had a full inspection plus full belts and water pump service. That will put me around another 2k into it plus 200 i spent on original badging and an alignmenti'm in it now for $18k. But i have a new major service and tires, brakes, clutch and cluch master, ac and ac controller, bilsteins and exhaust that are all only 3k miles old so i think its still all good. I'd like to think i'll keep it very long term but with 3 litter kids and my 360 already as a weekend toy, IDK. If someone offered my high 20's i'd probably flip it.

What do you think its worth. Here a post detail pic from 2 weeks ago

post detail.jpg

Wow, looking at all the crazy deals I don't know if I want to close on one I found. It would end up being $45K for a Red/Blk 96 120kish miles with a bunch of maintenance records. Beautiful paint, TB/WP serviced recently, but clutch is due not too long from now and I'd have to fix dome light, passenger window regulator, radio lights, and whatever else I would find. Gonna have to think on this one for a while even if it's in my area. I think I saw only like one or two people that paid around that and they got much lower mileage.

I met the previous owner at a networking event on a Friday and bought it the following Tuesday. He wanted 25k at first but said he didnt want to deal with tire kickers. Over the weekend i spoke with some car people here in SoCal, they said if i could get it between 17-22 depending on condition (I had not seen it at that point). I'd be doing well. I told the seller exactly that range. When i got there he could not produce the recipt for the belt service that was supposedly done when he bought it and a few other things. I had taken the train from Orange County to San Diego. I told him I would do $16.5k all in (Taxes, reg , etc) That ended up being $15.8 exclusive of that. I said i'd buy it without a PPI and pay on the spot or i was leaving and selling a salvage car is not much fun (as i am sure i'll find out if and when i ever sell it). He agreed to the price.

Super nice guy too though, we talk regularly still. I'm picking the car up from my mechanics shop in 2 hours where it just had a full inspection plus full belts and water pump service. That will put me around another 2k into it plus 200 i spent on original badging and an alignmenti'm in it now for $18k. But i have a new major service and tires, brakes, clutch and cluch master, ac and ac controller, bilsteins and exhaust that are all only 3k miles old so i think its still all good. I'd like to think i'll keep it very long term but with 3 litter kids and my 360 already as a weekend toy, IDK. If someone offered my high 20's i'd probably flip it.

What do you think its worth. Here a post detail pic from 2 weeks ago

View attachment 147479

Wow - I wish I "networked" more before I bought my car.

My NSX finally showed up from the transporter and worth every nickel. Original paint in near flawless condition and drives like a brand new car. Came with wheels and new rubber from 1995 NSX. I have comptech lowering springs that were taken off the car if anyone is interest( the shipped them in boxes with the car)

not sure what what they are worth but will post some pictures

My NSX finally showed up from the transporter and worth every nickel. Original paint in near flawless condition and drives like a brand new car. Came with wheels and new rubber from 1995 NSX. I have comptech lowering springs that were taken off the car if anyone is interest( the shipped them in boxes with the car)

not sure what what they are worth but will post some pictures

Question being, how much did you pay plus transportation costs?
At least answering those questions were the reason this thread was started :)

If you read my post above I already posted it but $63k for the car and $1200 for enclosed transport from Indiana to Az. 29k miles, 3 owners, all records and all maintenance including timing belt was recently changed

If you read my post above I already posted it but $63k for the car and $1200 for enclosed transport from Indiana to Az. 29k miles, 3 owners, all records and all maintenance including timing belt was recently changed

Who did you use for your auto transport? If you don't mind me asking.

Recently purchased a 2000 with 21K miles. Completely original and stock - no issues - lived its garage life in a climate controlled environment - looks new. Paid 72K and am very happy with the purchase ( my 3rd NSX purchase). Red with tan interior.

correct!EXCEPT THIS seems professionally done!very snug with 4 attaching screws!Cant find previous owner on social media to ask-but I assume Acura DEALERSHIP did this??BUT we all know what ASSUMING is!?

welcome post up some pics of this aftermarket T conversion..and I graduated from the "burg"

Last edited:
Awesome!I was fortunate enough to go to a Frat party or 2 from Gettysburg-YEARS ago though!I took some pics and uploaded to my MAC(always a pain!)Production dates 11/93,not set in stone its factory but very nicely done-so IDC!

My purchase was in March 2017 - but thought I would contribute to the stats.
1995, blk/blk, targa (of course), 5sp manual, 84K miles, stock (except stereo, rotors, CF center console overlay), $43K
PPI done by SOS, TB/WP done in 2015
condition was very good - pics posted by seller Jan 2017: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B22tfSOYfuKsQ04tUXc4aU84SXM

Back