• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your watch of choice?

my watch.. shouldnt wear it
since its serial # is 03..
not clear on the pic
Eterna Pininfarina..I'm a big "Pinin" Farina fan

IMGP0321.JPG

IMGP0324.JPG

I love Movado's because of their `no-number` screen design.

I mostly use my phone to check the time.

But if I wear a watch I have a medium priced Festina and a more expensive Vacheron Constantin.

Looking to buy a IWC BIG Pilot in future: I LOVE IT! :eek:

i just bought this one (cartier) i have 2 movados and a baume + mercier
And a Breitling crosswind on the way

Attachments

• watches.jpg
    watches.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,077
None.

No watch for me. I'm not a "watch" kind of guy. I run my life very sequentially, and it's exceedingly rare that I need to know what time it is at any given moment.

watch of choice

rolex gmtII.

when i was a kid, i lived in an orphanage and the administrator wore a rolex. i liked the watch a great deal, but always wondered "how does somebody get a watch that nice?".

the day that one of my former employers went public (i had already left the company - after 5 yrs - i had vested ;) i bought my wife and myself each a rolex.

i wear the watch every day, face turned in (so not to appear "flashy") , as a reminder of my life's journey.

be well.
hal

Re: None.

same goes for me. this way i can break a little conversation by asking for the time...so what time do you have? :D

flaminio said:
No watch for me. I'm not a "watch" kind of guy. I run my life very sequentially, and it's exceedingly rare that I need to know what time it is at any given moment.

Hi

I have to get a watch that are as classic and good looking as my car :)

I am a watch nut. I do not know much about watches and I have not found the one I really want. I have not had the kind of money that I would have liked to spend on watches.. I try to keep away from stores that sell watches. :)

I like the whole concept about a nice watch. I want one, but I have no idea what to get. Now I have a Camel Trophy watch that are not in the league of the watches posted above.

My brother has a Tag. I can not find it on their website now. But it is very classy. About 5 times the cost compared to the Camel.

Well I guess I need to sit down and think hard one day what I really want. Something like the Tag Heuer Kirium.

Hmm..need steel braclet, "need" stopwatch and date on the watch. Need to be classy but not "flashy" (I think the Rolex's are too flashy)

Movado's are nice and slick, but not the ones I am after. I need to just search I guess. One day I find the one I want and I probably need to sell my grandma to afford it :)

Regards

martin said:
Hmm..need steel braclet, "need" stopwatch and date on the watch. Need to be classy but not "flashy" (I think the Rolex's are too flashy)

Maybe this one ! ;)

Attachments

• cartierpasbracelet.gif
    cartierpasbracelet.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 999
martin,

what about the TAG Heuer Senna edition?
It has been reput in production lately... kind of expensvie but not in the Rolex range, let alone the IWC/Cartier/Vacheron/Audemar/Nardyn/... watches.

More in the Omega price bracket... and with a name that is at NSX level! :D

TagHeuerCT2115BA0550_big.jpg

PS: I think the quartz one is about 1000 EUR and the automatic about the double... :cool:

gheba_nsx said:
Am I wrong or somebody could have got 10000 CHF (7000$) of wheels and tires for that watch a couple months ago?

Good that he didn't or my car would be with OEM bullshit wheels at the moment! :p :D

Yes, if the watch had not been a gift from my gf I would have a nice set of 18"/19" wheels now on my NSX ! :D :D :D

gheba_nsx said:
martin,

what about the TAG Heuer Senna edition?
It has been reput in production lately... kind of expensvie but not in the Rolex range, let alone the IWC/Cartier/Vacheron/Audemar/Nardyn/... watches.

More in the Omega price bracket... and with a name that is at NSX level! :D

TagHeuerCT2115BA0550_big.jpg

PS: I think the quartz one is about 1000 EUR and the automatic about the double... :cool:

Hi

It looks good.

Is this the same watch? This one looks even better.

I found it here

Attachments

• 0000241.jpg
    0000241.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 997
They are very similar, the one I posted is the quartz. Maybe the one you found is the manual... or maybe the first edition (the one I posted is a re-edition).

I would always buy the automatic, but since the quartz is half the price and you just bought another VERY NICE silver toy in Switzerland ;) ... I suggested the quartz one! :p

PS: I do not particularly like TAGs, I do not know why, but I have to admit that the Senna one is nice and the name sounds so gooood... :)

Timex. Doesn't matter which model. Actually, my Grandpa had an old Seiko that he liked that I enjoy for sentimental reasons. But really, I'm not much into watches or jewelry in general. Though I wouldn't mind getting the Steve McQueen Tag Monaco watch...or was it a Le Mans watch? I don't know but it was fairly cool.

gheba_nsx said:
They are very similar, the one I posted is the quartz. Maybe the one you found is the manual... or maybe the first edition (the one I posted is a re-edition).

I would always buy the automatic, but since the quartz is half the price and you just bought another VERY NICE silver toy in Switzerland ;) ... I suggested the quartz one! :p

PS: I do not particularly like TAGs, I do not know why, but I have to admit that the Senna one is nice and the name sounds so gooood... :)

Hi

Okey the one you posted are the re-edition. It does not have the Ayrton Senna handwriting. The orginal had.

You can see the orginal one
here

I have also attached a picture of the orginal add that I found on Tag Heuer site.. The orginal would be impossible to find and probably way to expencive. But the re-edition would maybe be the next project. :)

Thanks

Attachments

• waymo4.jpg
    waymo4.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 958
Back