• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your watch of choice?

As an Ayrton Senna fan, it would only suit that I wear a TAG HEUER watch. I have a Tag Link Senna automatic, the first edition. It is #1285 of 1991. It never leaves my wrist.

Attachments

• link senna.jpg
    link senna.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 833
Rouki said:
As an Ayrton Senna fan, it would only suit that I wear a TAG HEUER watch. I have a Tag Link Senna automatic, the first edition. It is #1285 of 1991. It never leaves my wrist.

Hi

I am confused :confused: :confused:

At the Tag Heuer site it says that it was made 4098 in chronograph men edition and 1500 in the ladies edition.

The pictures I have seen on the Tag Heuer official site is with Ayrton's handwriting below the Senna "S".

Everywhere else I have seen the same watch without the signatur. Also on your picture there is no signature.

I do not want to make anybody mad just want to know why this difference.

Are there five versions? One orginal ladies version with signature. One orginal men's version with signature and one orginal without signatur and one re-design without signatur and one with the Senna name but in a different color which I posted here?

Regards

Rouki said:

nice watch. The large S on the face is a very nice touch...

The original Link Senna had a black face with the Senna "S" embedded into it. It had the silver TAG HEUER badge with the words Ayrton Senna printed in white. It was only available in an automaticThere were 1991 produced, which is the year of his last championship.

As this model was very popular, an other edition was produced. This one resembled the first only that the face had the Ayrton Senna signature in white, the Senna "S" in yellow and a black checkered face. I am not sure what the production numbers were but they equaled the total cumulative time of his 61 pole positions.

Since then, other editions have been produced both in Quartz and Automatic. Hope this helps.....

Marc

gheba_nsx said:
They are very similar, the one I posted is the quartz. Maybe the one you found is the manual... or maybe the first edition (the one I posted is a re-edition).

I would always buy the automatic, but since the quartz is half the price and you just bought another VERY NICE silver toy in Switzerland ;) ... I suggested the quartz one! :p

PS: I do not particularly like TAGs, I do not know why, but I have to admit that the Senna one is nice and the name sounds so gooood... :)

The one Gheba posted is a signen authorized version.
The other doesn't have his signature.
The signed watch is the collectors choice.

Damn this thread! Got me thinking about buying a new watch.... :D

I have a few Fendi's and a Seiko that I wear as a "beater," but I'm looking at some Tag's now....

Autophile said:
Damn this thread! Got me thinking about buying a new watch.... :D
LOL...same here! Only watch I wear is the Movado but thanks to this thread, I'm thinking of picking up another one. Checked Movado's website today and they have some pretty slick new watches I hadn't seen before :D

-Awais

mikec said:

The Rolex is like an alarm clock strapped to my wrist. It's a pain to have to wear it every day or it runs down, but it is as accurate as the quartz Rado.

You should get a watch winder! It was one of the greatest things I have bought in the past year. I have 3 automatic watches and never have to worry about reseting them.

the same fossil blue i've had since high school :D

it still works, although it's falling apart now.
whenever something goes wrong with it (which is becoming all too common now) i take it in to fossil and they fix free of charge.

i'm not much of a watch person, in that i DONT like to know what time it is while at work, and i don't wear it very much either in that it bothers my carpal tunnel too.

positives: it looks good with anything i wear.
cons: digital display resets every few weeks, quite obvious my wrist has grown since high school.

getting a new watch has just never been a priority for me though.

Rolex NON-date submariner (model 14060). Ever since I was a little kid and saw those James Bond movies, I have always wanted one, and it had to be without the date just like JB's. ...Now if I could just get the bezel to spin like a saw in case my hands are ever tied up. ;)

My favorite...the calculator watch:

calcwatch9.jpg

OMG the casio calculator watch!!
I use to love that watch!!
Now though a big Tag fan...

Sorry guys if my thread pulled you into the watch market. ;)

And the calculator watch reminded me of a watch I had when I was a kid that had a video game on it. I could just sit there and play a game. It was actully pretty cool...

Tiffany & Co. Mark collection I believe is what it's called for special occasions and Eberhard Les Courbees for the weekend. Use a Kenneth Cole tank for the daily driver;)

Conor

poet_x said:
And the calculator watch reminded me of a watch I had when I was a kid that had a video game on it. I could just sit there and play a game. It was actully pretty cool...

Wow.
Now that's a flashback.
Didn't even remember until you metioned that - I had a super mario bros/donkey kong one circa 1st/2nd grade.

poet_x said:

When I was kid, I had a watch which played "Beat It" melody while Michael Jackson was dancing on the LCD screen. :D

Here are a couple of my favorites. The esperanza is a classic. The Junghans Carbon is all technology with a carbon fiber reinforced plastic case, carbon fiber band and it automatically sets itself by recieving a signal from the atomic clock in Colorado.

Back