• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What on EARTH is going on with NSX prices right meow?

Well, as my buddy Sylvester says... dander if you do, dander if you don't. Must be a popular saying in his family. He's Persian. Or is he Himalayan? I always forget.

.I think he was Egyptian ......always kept his hair short

I am so curious about the retail price of the new nsx..........................its killing me............

I am so curious about the retail price of the new nsx..........................its killing me............

It's time for a pool on the new NSX price.
Have to guess the Honda USA MSRP for the base model no options.
I'm in at $137,500.
Closest to the right number gets the satisfaction of being an omniscient being.

Yup! I gawk at E39s ever since it came out in 2000. I guess the E90 M3 is the E39 minus 60 lbs of torque. But DCT is great, I can select a lower gear if I need the pick-up speed. Funny how cars I can't afford back then is still unreachable either by appreciation in price or availability.

BTW, how's the M3? Was it your car on bimmerpost about a duel european delivery?

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is similar to BMW i8. Honda took too long to bring out the new NSX. Without the carbon tub like many competitors are going with, Honda better have some phenomenal performance figure to attract sales.

I'm guessing $125,000 +/- 5% base price with less than 7k of options available. Things like upgrade stereo, fancy bucket seats and wheels. I doubt Honda would offer carbon brakes but who knows.

Last edited:
Prices will always reflect what people are willing to pay, I always wanted and NSX and I finally got mine 2 years ago for what I felt was a fair price.

One of two things can happen, the new car is another game changer and people sell their cars to buy new ones and the price goes down or the new car flops and the current car value's keep rising.

The 90's had all the great cars.

Late 80's thru 90's 911s have also been appreciating rapidly. The 87-89 G50 trans, the 964s, the 993s, really jumping up in value. Even the stepchild 996s are starting to appreciate, which nobody saw coming. My '88 Carrera went away 3.5 years ago, and it would be worth another $10K minimum today.

I think the NSX has been undervalued for some time.
Where else can you find an aluminum mid-engined reliable sports car for the price of an NSX?

When prices were so low a few years back many younger owners were able to buy them
A lot of the new owners proceeded to modify their cars, quite radically in some cases.
Many of those modified cars cannot easily be brought back to OEM condition.

So the remaining stock/near stock units has dwindled.
As the excellence of the NSX has become more evident over time, it seems a new kind of buyer is appearing looking for good quality stock/near stock examples.
These stock/near stock units are still a bargain and I can't see anything but appreciating prices in the future.

I think the highly modified units will trade in their own market amongst the younger buyers.
I'd be surprised if these NSX's did anything but go down in value.
I've noted many highly modified examples on Prime and eBay not sell at or near the asking prices.
While the asking prices may reflect the costs of the modifications, the younger market segment they appeal to don't seem to be willing (or able) to pay the high asking levels.

I think the NSX has been undervalued for some time.
Where else can you find an aluminum mid-engined reliable sports car for the price of an NSX?

When prices were so low a few years back many younger owners were able to buy them
A lot of the new owners proceeded to modify their cars, quite radically in some cases.
Many of those modified cars cannot easily be brought back to OEM condition.

So the remaining stock/near stock units has dwindled.
As the excellence of the NSX has become more evident over time, it seems a new kind of buyer is appearing looking for good quality stock/near stock examples.
These stock/near stock units are still a bargain and I can't see anything but appreciating prices in the future.

I think the highly modified units will trade in their own market amongst the younger buyers.
I'd be surprised if these NSX's did anything but go down in value.
I've noted many highly modified examples on Prime and eBay not sell at or near the asking prices.
While the asking prices may reflect the costs of the modifications, the younger market segment they appeal to don't seem to be willing (or able) to pay the high asking levels.

I see you are selling yours???

Why???

I have the new NSX coming at some point and I can't quite afford to keep both.
Don't want to sell the 91 at all. :frown:

I bought my 94 10 yrs ago when word leaked they were being discontinued. I always wanted one
and thought prices would shoot up on the news. They didnt. So now folks are shocked they are going for
more than a new Camry? They shouldnt be. They were all pretty close to $100k cars when new.
Why should nice examples trade in the 20's or 30's? These have been the best deal out there for yrs.
Sounds like the world is finially catching up. Thats all.
I didnt buy my car to make a buck. I just thought the asking prices were too good to be true.
Nice examples in the low to mid 30's. Seemed as close to a cant loose situation as a person could find.
And it went on for years! Thats what was shocking......... To me anyway. :wink:

Last edited:
The interesting thing is that I'm in the market for another NSX and some people have become too audacious in the way they handle their business. It reminds me of the real estate market here in Silicon Valley - the seller basically doesn't care about the buyer at all.

I've been pretty good at pegging car markets nowadays.. and I have a feeling the NSX market will die down after the new NSX will be released and also when the economy takes a bit more of a correction. But it must have been nice to buy one in 2010.

Yup! I gawk at E39s ever since it came out in 2000. I guess the E90 M3 is the E39 minus 60 lbs of torque. But DCT is great, I can select a lower gear if I need the pick-up speed. Funny how cars I can't afford back then is still unreachable either by appreciation in price or availability.

BTW, how's the M3? Was it your car on bimmerpost about a duel european delivery?

The new M3s are pretty awesome. The forced induction is something to get used to but I think they have managed to put a lot of raw feeling back into them with the incredible stiff chassis and the way the subframe is bolted directly to the chassis without bushings. I really, really like the interior compared to E92 335i I had. Much more interesting without being too crazy. The seats will probably become almost as iconic as the E36 vaders.

Yep, that was my wife and I that did the dual delivery! We are internet famous now I guess :)

Well, as my buddy Sylvester says... dander if you do, dander if you don't. Must be a popular saying in his family. He's Persian. Or is he Himalayan? I always forget.

I was at Sylvester's house yesterday....we watched puss-n-boots.....

You guys are brutal(ly funny). Now I'm sorry I started it. On a couple of responses I laughed so hard I almost hacked up a hairball.

You guys are brutal(ly funny). Now I'm sorry I started it. On a couple of responses I laughed so hard I almost hacked up a hairball.

stop licking yourself!!!!!

Rog dogs are ot.....................cmon now....you know better than that....you should be buying more gilead

Back