• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What on EARTH is going on with NSX prices right meow?

Well this thread has become fruitful. Much food for thought. But, I think we've lost sight of the meat of the matter.

Last edited:
the current market is about 10-20k premium on every selling vehicle while lots of vehicle's interior is in poor condition.

NSX Prices

Hope I have this in the right section. I've watched the top end Ferraris pull up the bottom end. Is this going on with the NSX as well. I have a 91 that I would have valued at $20K a year ago. From the adds (and I know that is not a sale) are they approaching $30K.

Just curious and not wanting to sell.

Drew

Hope I have this in the right section. I've watched the top end Ferraris pull up the bottom end. Is this going on with the NSX as well. I have a 91 that I would have valued at $20K a year ago. From the adds (and I know that is not a sale) are they approaching $30K.

Just curious and not wanting to sell.

Drew

youre not listing any other attributes on your car. could very well still be a 20k car or from past 91 sales a 70k car. your post doesnt give any details or enough basic info to even guess a value.

It is safe to say that prices on 91s have gone up in the last year but not 10K. Then again, the only thing you could get even three years ago for 20K was a beater with a salvage title or, from a desperate used car dealer, something in so-so condition with a ton of miles on it and needs. Average for 91s sold on Prime in the spring of 2014 was around 29-30. This spring the average seems to be running around 33. This is pretty much in line with condition 3 valuations on the Hagerty valuation web site. But as arista pointed out, prices can vary wildly depending on condition and mileage. You might still find a high mileage salvage title in decent shape in the mid 20s while a pristine example with mileage in the teens, full service history, and no service needs could go for close to 60K.

This is not a NSX specific phenomenon. Most interesting cars of the same generation are also moving up. Some, like air cooler Porsches are climbing at 20X the rate of an equivalent NSX.

Back