• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What on EARTH is going on with NSX prices right meow?

I feel like I probably paid a bit too much for mine, but I don't care. I own an NSX now.

I know I paid a bit too much a couple of times over the years but I never regretted either purchase. Both were, of course, Hondas...one new and one used.

I think paid a fair price at the time but over what I was going to spend. But I don't regret at all. I love my NSX and will problably never sell.

I think prices will be heading south soon. ... I suspect this Jan to March will be bad for NSX prices.

Interesting. I don't have any opinion enough to agree or disagree, I'll just watch along!

Our cars are so off the radar of John Q. Public, with so many more private sales than public sales, that we IMHO will unfortunately not know the true potential appreciation price increase or stagnation or drop until really good or really bad things happen to a enough sellers for them to start speaking openly of it. Otherwise, the outliers will stay hidden for a long time. For the first time ever, I think Hagerty's valuators may be low for true OEM unmodified low mileage gems. I understand their value predictions to be based off actual sales, but in the case of NSX's, where in the world are they finding those values? Hidden cameras? :) I've heard trusted accounts within the last 45 days of two low mileage OEM 92's selling at or being given offers of $45-$60K, both of them being 45-50% higher than their asking values were in 2012. Around 25k miles or less, pretty much all OEM, and up to date maintenance with documentation. I've only heard those two data points, so it's not hard to guess what the 2 values are since I gave a range. :) In both cases, the buyer approached the owner/seller, so that always gooses things a bit with a hungry buyer. But there you go!

edit: both were strong 2's, maybe even 1.9's, following Hagerty's ratings scale.

Last edited:
Not sure how many NSX's are actually on the market. Private sellers all say the same thing.. "I'm in no hurry to sell"

I probably paid a $2,000 premium for my NSX. Let's see the amortized cost over the past 10 years...$16/month.
I did not want a black one but now I wouldn't trade it. Add that to the fact that every month that you shop is another month you don't own...and there is some break-even point. I found after 20 years of looking at them (and saving up the cash) AND about 30 days of serious shopping.

At some point, my NSX-savings and the market/value intersected.

I'm the first owner of an '02 Yellow NSX. We drove it in to look at a new Audi Q5 for my wife, although not to trade it in, we were just driving it that day. Before we left the sales manager asked me a few questions about the car then if I'd be interested in selling it. I said maybe, what sort of a number did he have in mind. He said $55K. I told him I'd let him know. Frankly, I was shocked. I had no idea his first offer would be that high. Now, it is relatively low miles, completely original and almost like new, but still. Every since I've been tracking NSX's on carguru's and cars.com and it feels to me like the advertised prices are going up.

Um, I'll give you $56K for it.

I'm the first owner of an '02 Yellow NSX. We drove it in to look at a new Audi Q5 for my wife, although not to trade it in, we were just driving it that day. Before we left the sales manager asked me a few questions about the car then if I'd be interested in selling it. I said maybe, what sort of a number did he have in mind. He said $55K. I told him I'd let him know. Frankly, I was shocked. I had no idea his first offer would be that high. Now, it is relatively low miles, completely original and almost like new, but still. Every since I've been tracking NSX's on carguru's and cars.com and it feels to me like the advertised prices are going up.

How many miles? I'll give you the right range.

i think that would fetch somewhere around 60k

i think that would fetch somewhere around 60k

$60K would be a great deal for someone in today's market. I was thinking $65K to $70K. Though $70K might be a stretch...but who knows for an 02 plus NSX.

Last edited:
$60K would be a great deal for someone in today's market. I was thinking $65K to $70K. Though $70K might be a stretch...but who knows for an 02 plus NSX.

heh, Maybe that was my pop-up-owner bias pushing the numbers down a bit.

Recently, a friend totaled his 01 NSX and the insurance paid him just over $61K including TT&L. So like I said, who knows. And before anyone asks, I want to give him time to report the VIN. He's still in mourning. Though, with that payoff he's feeling slightly better.

Recently, a friend totaled his 01 NSX and the insurance paid him just over $61K including TT&L. So like I said, who knows. And before anyone asks, I want to give him time to report the VIN. He's still in mourning. Though, with that payoff he's feeling slightly better.

By the remains and repair/save it! It is very satisfying and liberating.

Prices are at hisssstoric highs right now....it's like everyone has cat scratch fever for the NSX these days....
It's meow or never if you want to get one!!!:tongue:

Prices are at hisssstoric highs right now....it's like everyone has cat scratch fever for the NSX these days....
It's meow or never if you want to get one!!!:tongue:

thankyou for bringing us back to page 1:wink:

Not everyone is looking for an '02 like mine, which is one that hasn't been touched in terms of upgrades or modifications except for the addition of remote car locks and painting the calipers red. I've got nearly all the service records and the 90K service was done at 30,000 miles (timing chain, etc.) as advice on this forum said do it at the ten year mark, even though the miles weren't there yet. I think I'll get points for keeping it like new condition - it gets washed and has the wax touched up every couple of weeks and detailed every other month. As a result, it looks as if it was driven off the showroom floor. The clear coat is peeling a bit in the front which I've not addressed as I am unsure a buyer would want to see it repaired or see for themselves that there was nothing wrong besides cosmetic issues. I think the $60K is a realistic target with $75K being on the outside of reality, say in the event it was at auction and 2-3 people decided they really wanted the car. Thanks for the feedback!

Its odd the clear coat is peeling on your 02. We have an 05 Lexus that a hit and run driver hit when 6 months old. We had the repaired area reworked last month as the clear coat was peeling after 10 yrs of being parked out side. The factory paint & clear coat is stil like new. But the repaired area peeled. Are you sure the area peeling on your NSX factory paint? Is it only the front bumper and hood?

Orange you right!

Those a pear to be the result an outlier. I'd be impressed really only If those levels hold or raisin value 12 months from now.

I wonder what the next crop of NSX fanciers will produce?

Those puns are really grape. But now I'm in a bit of a jam. Cumquat may, prices will likely continue to rise. But current prices make me want to put a for salad up on Prime. Am I nuts? Or just berry misguided?

Olive my NSX berry much, I think it's truly one in a mellon. The only way it mango out of my possession is a $111,111 offer. Until then it'll romaine in my garage.

Back