• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What year is your NSX?

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I would bet that the distribution of NSX's here is approximately the same as that of the U.S. sales numbers in the FAQ

Originally posted by cojones:
whilst our input is useful and certainly statistically significant, it is not "the market" -- i.e., not truly representative of the "new car buyer" community.

Manuel,

That has nothing to do with the cars that we own. Every NSX owned by anyone on NSXprime was originally sold as a new car. So the cars should be representative of the new car statistics. Even if the owners are not.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 04 April 2002).]

Manuel,

That has nothing to do with the cars that we own. Every NSX owned by anyone on NSXprime was originally sold as a new car. So the cars should be representative of the new car statistics. Even if the owners are not.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 04 April 2002).]

Not true. The sample is still self selecting, so it is not projectable. A bias in owner type will almost certainly result in a bias in car selection criteria.

Originally posted by David:
Not true. The sample is still self selecting, so it is not projectable. A bias in owner type will almost certainly result in a bias in car selection criteria.

You are right that the sample of owners on NSXprime is still self-selecting (even though that has nothing to do with the bias of new-car purchasers vs used-car purchasers that Manuel was referring to), and that can make the NSX's here unrepresentative of the entire universe of NSX's.

What kind of bias do you think would be present? In other words, what characteristics (demographic or car characteristics or otherwise) would you speculate would distinguish the owners on NSXprime from those not on NSXprime? And how would such bias this change the distribution of cars owned by model year?

I would speculate that owners here are more likely to be NSX enthusiasts, and more likely to mod their cars, than those not on NSXprime. But I'm not sure that those characteristics translate into any different distribution of NSX model years from the overall sales figures.

Originally posted by David:

Very true.

It is apparent that David received an "A+" in his statistics course
smile.gif

You are right that the sample of owners on NSXprime is still self-selecting (even though that has nothing to do with the bias of new-car purchasers vs used-car purchasers that Manuel was referring to), and that can make the NSX's here unrepresentative of the entire universe of NSX's.

What kind of bias do you think would be present? In other words, what characteristics (demographic or car characteristics or otherwise) would you speculate would distinguish the owners on NSXprime from those not on NSXprime? And how would such bias this change the distribution of cars owned by model year?

I would speculate that owners here are more likely to be NSX enthusiasts, and more likely to mod their cars, than those not on NSXprime. But I'm not sure that those characteristics translate into any different distribution of NSX model years from the overall sales figures.

NSXtasy must also have earned an "A+" in his stat course!!

Originally posted by Tiger740:
It is apparent that David received an "A+" in his statistics course

Originally posted by Tiger740:
NSXtasy must also have earned an "A+" in his stat course!!

I didn't take statistics, I was just curious about the year of car and year of purchase.
smile.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

The bias could take many forms. For starters, we are automatically working through the filter of people that spend a fair amount of time on the Internet and participate in forums. Also, the interest in performance is going to skew the new/used ratio away from any truely representative sample. It is not projectable in any sense.

bought a 97 in 02.

purchased as a 92' Black bone stock coupe w/ 29,000 miles /now is a 92' COUPE W/ BLACK TOP , Spa-Pearl Yellow,Mega -Mods,too many to list.Now has 45,000 miles on the clock.
Very Happy daily driver......

------------------

My NSX is two years old and and has just started to talk. Forming whole sentences and I beleive it to be a prodigy. A very percocious child, I must say.

Originally posted by wildrice:
My NSX is two years old and and has just started to talk. Forming whole sentences and I beleive it to be a prodigy. A very percocious child, I must say.

So did you bring your baby home as a newborn, or are you an adoptive parent?

96-t purchased new in 96.

Back