• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's up with the Zanardi's?

Still working out some logistic's but here's my baby!:biggrin:
Good for you Mike.

I've always thought that the Zanardi is a special, special car.

I hope it brings you many safe and happy miles.

Are you going to keep the S2K and other NSX?

PS - thank God baseball season is just around the corner. Any predictions this year for Halo's vs. Yankees head to head?:biggrin:

Are you going to keep the S2K and other NSX?

PS - thank God baseball season is just around the corner. Any predictions this year for Halo's vs. Yankees head to head?:biggrin:

Thanks, of course Im still keeping my 92 but it looks like the S2000 might have to go.

There was more than 1, 96 Silver/Onyx NSX-T's. Possibly as many as 6:wink: There was never a factory produced 02+ coupe.

You're the expert, but was *pretty sure* that outside of the U.S. they still made 02+ coupes (non type R). I swear I've seen some here in the UK. In fact, FWIW, coupes are far more common here than targas in later years. Even though the numbers are much fewer, and they're RHD, it's fairly easy to find 95+ coupes here.

They're Hondas though. haha

You're the expert, but was *pretty sure* that outside of the U.S. they still made 02+ coupes (non type R). I swear I've seen some here in the UK. In fact, FWIW, coupes are far more common here than targas in later years. Even though the numbers are much fewer, and they're RHD, it's fairly easy to find 95+ coupes here.

They're Hondas though. haha

I was only referring to US spec cars, not sure about Euro Spec/JDM cars. Obviously NSX-R were all Hardtops:wink: I have the Full Honda treatment done to mine, love to see the looks on everyone's face:redface:

Congrats, looks like a great car!
I will say with 100% certainty your Zanardi will always be the most valuable NSX coupe in the states
(or tied with other NA2 coupes due to even fewer numbers produced)
Condition does come into play. A 1000 mi 91 survivor could be worth more than a 50k mi. Zanardi , or it could be a wash? Too soon to tell. Condition / mileage being equal though Zanardi wins.
Sheer numbers built tells us the 50 Zanardis (even less now) will out do the most common year (91).
The fact that there was so little change really makes this an interesting car to bench / speculate.
OBD1 Coupe V.S OBDII T-top, V.S 02-05 Headlights will play a role as will 3.0 5 speed / 3.2 6 speed.
I cant predict how this will play out, just pointing out the obvious.
Not sure if a model yr will stand clear or be more mileage / condition based.
I am/was somewhat of a "collector".
Bought my NSX with a portion of the profit from a prev. sale (to drive).
(Cashed in my chips, insane prices took the fun out of Muscle cars)
1st year only works if it really is the most desirable configuration.
Engine option / model- perf. package, race history has it over year all things being equal.
First, last, or a yr. in the middle is very model specific and is not true across the board. Some cars evolved with improvements, others turned into bloated overweight pigs. Lots of examples all model specific could be tossed around, but this is probably not the place for that.
Only possible negative I see with the Zanardi over the earlier NSX's is that its OBDII. (Think 1965 no smog V.S 1966 and later smog pump / Thermactor)
May or may not even be a factor down the road, just something to ponder do to parts availability etc.
Way off topic here..........................:tongue:
Like it or not, the Zanardi was the only performance option brought into the States. Not an xtra 100hp we wanted, but will be considered the highest performance NSX imported. As far as NSX collectability goes, The "R" model will stand alone as the one to own. And will always be valued many many times higher
than all mortal models. Then come cars with professional / documented Race history............ .

Funny this thread turned up (yes I know it's really old). I guess all that fuss about Zanardis not being worth more than clean 91's can be put to bed safely now? :)

It looks like it. It would be interesting to see a Zanardi edition NSX go through a well known car auction to see what the real collectors out there would be willing to pay.

It looks like it. It would be interesting to see a Zanardi edition NSX go through a well known car auction to see what the real collectors out there would be willing to pay.

I know of 2 Zanardis that have sold for low 100s recently (private sales), both sub 40k miles. I also know of and have been approached by collectors willing to pay 130-150k. :O. Makes me wonder what Dat's (San Diego) 5k mile Zanardi is worth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know of 2 Zanardis that have sold for low 100s recently (private sales), both sub 40k miles. I also know of and have been approached by collectors willing to pay 130-150k. :O. Makes me wonder what Dat's (San Diego) 5k mile Zanardi is worth!

That is very impressive.

Still have the set of wheels on my 94 from number whatever that was crushed by the upper car on a car carrier yrs ago.
Close as I ever got to owning one. LOL LOL The ones I did see for sale over the years all seem to have had questionable histories.
This thread is almost 10 yrs old. Time flies...........

Last edited:
Mcm

Don't feel bad at all you have a wonderful car
If you add a 6 speed to your 1994 and the 97+ oem headers, you have 99 percent of the zanardi performance and experience for half the price. And you can actually drive and enjoy the car worry free. Or you can plunk down 80k plus for a zanardi and feel mixed emotions about whether to drive the car, or store it and brag about it

Seems like the 1994 you bought from tino 10 years ago was the smart decision no mater how you look at it!

Back