• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

When people ask you what you drive...

I recently took four tires and NSX OEM wheels to a local
garage for mounting+balancing. When I picked them up,
a tech working there asked me what model Honda car had
rear wheel drive. (He'd inferred "RWD car" from the different
diameters, and had seen the Honda name on the wheels.)

I usually answer "An Acura" and 9 times out of 10, that's the end of it. I try very hard to avoid saying it's an NSX. I'll only admit to owning an NSX to avoid lying or to hide the fact that I also own a Ferrari.

"What's that fancy red sports car you have?"
"My Acura?"
"No, the really low one"
"My Acura is pretty low, only comes up to here." (hold my hand 44" above the ground)
"I thought it was a Ferrari or something"
"Well, it's an NSX. It's the top-of-the line Acura sports car, and a lot of people think it looks like a Ferrari. It's red, really low, really sporty looking, 2-seater..."
"Ok, that must be the one then."

i usually say, a 90 CRX... then oh yeah, an 91 acura :biggrin:

I'm 26..nowadays general people have no idea what the car is. They think RSX or something like that. When I say I'm buying another NSX..like a 91-94..people's eyes just glaze over...they don't get it. It's a car that has to be seen to be appreciated really, so I don't bother to explain.

Last edited:
At work the most common thing folks have said about my 97 when I do drive it there (not very often) is "Oh, you've got one of the new Corvettes! That looks really nice!". More than 5 times, I think.

So, usually I just say, "No, it's my old '97 Acura, you know, they're a little ahead of GM in this sort of thing." ;)

The funnniest thing that happened was when one of the big guys from Germany (it's a US division of a German company) parks his black late model 911 next my black NSX, and it looks so tall and sedan like in comparison.... ;)

Old thread... anyway...

I'm really surprised at how many people said that they blatantly lie about what kind of car they drive, or they play games around it. It seems so pompous and facetious to me. :confused:

I just say Acura NSX. I'm not ashamed of the fact that I purchased my dream car... I don't gloat about it either. It doesn't sound like you're bragging unless you make it sound that way. Most people don't know what it is or they just think it's an RSX... which is totally fine by me. I also have an Acura CL and a Jeep Wrangler, but I drive the NSX so that's what I tell people... simple.

I have actiually got this a few times:

what kind of car do you drive?

an acura nsx

oh one of those nissans huh I had one when I was 16

no not an nx2000 an nsx

its the same thing right?

uh not really

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Ohhh Nooo .... NsxPrime addiction is taking over.....shes digging up old threads ! :eek:

<B>MiamiMermaid</B>... it's okay... myself and others have personal experience at overcoming this. The first thing you need to know is there is no such thing as NSXPrime addiction; ask anybody here, we're not addicted. We choose to spend HOURS reading the FAQ and posts. We still have control. :p

Secondly, when it eventually gets to 5am, that is the time you need to turn off the computer and walk away. ;) It's hard at first, i know... but Prime will still be here tomorrow.... and so will we. :D

Thirdly, surfing Prime while sitting in an ice-bath is a great way to keep your addiction under control, and is essential when viewing threads like "different views of my nsx", "my nsx and wife pix", or visiting the chatroom when "Acura NsX Pilot" is online too. :D :D :D :D

I don't own an NSX YET, but I do drive an Accord. It's not your average Accord it has a little snail helping it out. I always just tell people I drive an Accord.

One day in my computer science class two of my classmates were looking out the window. They were pointing at cars and stuff so I decided to go investigate. I asked one of them what car he drove, he pointed and said, "that black 240z." It was a pretty nice car for how old it was, then he asked what I drove and I said, "an Accord." We were pointing out cars in the parking lot and he pointed at mine and said, "I really like that s14 down there." I said, "that's not an s14, that's my Accord." After that I sat down and started doing my work when that kid came over and said, "Is your car turbo?" I said, "Yep, how'd you know?" he said, "I thought I saw an intercooler."

I probably get asked this more times then most people. I work in the automotive information industry and once they ask what I do or where I work it is always followed by
"so, what car do you drive?"
"a 92 Acura"
"oh"
It usually ends there.

Back