• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why do people think that Honda/Acura invented VTEC?

You FD guys really do like your cars, don't you? It's a shame there's not a place on the internet for you to gather and talk about them with other FD enthusiasts.

You FD guys really do like your cars, don't you? It's a shame there's not a place on the internet for you to gather and talk about them with other FD enthusiasts.

there is... rx7club.com... but its full of guys like him (which is why I only get on there to buy parts for my 7...)

It's amazing and I applaud the fact that you RX7 guys have every article where the RX7 won something and never include the stuff it lost at. Also your post doesn't answer the question about the RX7 never being faster in accerleration than the NA2 NSX. Geez time to dust off the scanner because this is last time I let you guys post clips from select articles:biggrin:

well excuse me for not posting every single article that compares the nsx to the rx7 on the same day with the same driver. i dont know why you can't acknowledge that the rx7 is just about as fast as the nsx a track. 99% of the people on here can't push either car to the limit so it doesnt matter if one is capable of a fraction of second faster lap times.

ill admit that the rx7 is slower in acceleration than the nsx because it is. but i dont care about acceleration numbers too much, and i bet most people on here dont either. neither of these cars were meant to be drag racers. what time they can clock around a track is a much better indicator of their performance.

i'm not here to bash the nsx (unlike some rx7 owners), i love the nsx. it is easily my favorite car to come out of japan, next is the rx7 then the s2000. i just don't see how you can't even acknowledge the fact that the rx7 is a very capable car, about the same as the nsx. also you blow their reliability problems way out of porportion. as long as you take care of the car it wont give you many problems. i went to buttonwillow 3 times last month, i drove my car hard, the temps stayed good, the car ran great. its not a record or anything but it sounds like people on here think my car should have spontaneously combusted by now.

rx71.jpg

It's pretty. But i'm glad I sold it.

Koolaid,

The last time the FD saw a shop for anything was 16 months to be exact.

It's been amazingly reliable after replacing the OEM parts with better aftermarket ones.

Wingz,

It's amazing that when the RX7 is mentioned much of the members on this forum seem to blow up the threads.

Yes, these threads were prior to me joining this board.

I wonder why.

If the FD is such a POS, why even waste ur 2 cents entertaining a silly thread.

You know I never did an RX7 search ( not interested in one ) I should take your word for it ,but it doesn't seem like you do your research. By the way did you ever respond to my asking you about where you got that 290.1 for the NSX-R or will that get ignored like your apologizing for posting misinformation about Hondas VTEC development.

As for the POS remark it is what it is I don't own one to make that call nor would I diss someone else's ride. Well okay I would talk about someones car if it didn't start or was always in the shop:biggrin:

well excuse me for not posting every single article that compares the nsx to the rx7 on the same day with the same driver. i dont know why you can't acknowledge that the rx7 is just about as fast as the nsx a track. 99% of the people on here can't push either car to the limit so it doesnt matter if one is capable of a fraction of second faster lap times.

ill admit that the rx7 is slower in acceleration than the nsx because it is. but i dont care about acceleration numbers too much, and i bet most people on here dont either. neither of these cars were meant to be drag racers. what time they can clock around a track is a much better indicator of their performance.

i'm not here to bash the nsx (unlike some rx7 owners), i love the nsx. it is easily my favorite car to come out of japan, next is the rx7 then the s2000. i just don't see how you can't even acknowledge the fact that the rx7 is a very capable car, about the same as the nsx. also you blow their reliability problems way out of porportion. as long as you take care of the car it wont give you many problems. i went to buttonwillow 3 times last month, i drove my car hard, the temps stayed good, the car ran great. its not a record or anything but it sounds like people on here think my car should have spontaneously combusted by now.

I get this impression that amount of NSX garage queens = that of FDs in the shop.

Cars must not be implemented much.

picard_5.jpg

ill admit that the rx7 is slower in acceleration than the nsx because it is. but i dont care about acceleration numbers too much, and i bet most people on here dont either. neither of these cars were meant to be drag racers. what time they can clock around a track is a much better indicator of their performance.[QUOTE/]

What:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: We better get you to witness protection before the other RX7 guys see this part. I'm kidding of course. I agree neither car was meant for dragging ,but remember you copied and replied to my post anwsering one of the RX7 guys. Not to sound childish ,but I didn't start speed discussion ,but was just replying to yet another misinformed RX7 guy. Follow my posts and you'll see even when dealing with Batmans I've never once dissed the RX7. It's a great performer for the money and if you have one by all means enjoy it

I haven't blown their reliability problems out of the water by any means. Read some of the posts by owners and you'll see it's had problems. It's three year model production confirms that. Back in the 90's when they were new some people were suing Mazda to take them back for being lemons. Just a fact that's all no more no less. Did some people not have problems? Sure their's almost always a good couple in the bunch. Batmans car is a perfect example he's replaced just about everything and says he has the most miles of any RX7 ,but he's not even on his original engine or turbos. That's like making Frankenstein and talking about his longevity:confused:

As far as the spontaneous combustion I've actually seen that at the track on an RX7..LOL Good luck with yours though and keep tracking it. There's few things worse than having a sportscar and not tracking it.

A friend of mine owns a RX7 R1. It's one helluva beast on track and has a great suspension system in stock form but after owning it for about 2 years it has spent more time in his shop rather than driving.

But after seeing that car in action I can't blame him for keeping the RX alive rather than selling it.

No pun intended, seems like the FD gets alot of it here anyways.

... Follow my posts and you'll see even when dealing with Batmans I've never once dissed the RX7. It's a great performer for the money and if you have one by all means enjoy it......

Nice of u to give me warm and fuzzies....

Do i get a cookie? :biggrin:

A friend of mine owns a RX7 R1. It's one helluva beast on track and has a great suspension system in stock form but after owning it for about 2 years it has spent more time in his shop rather than driving.

But after seeing that car in action I can't blame him for keeping the RX alive rather than selling it.

No pun intended, seems like the FD gets alot of it here anyways.

Offtopic.

Are the women in Iceland as fine and uninhibited as they say?

apex seals and manchowder with a dash of nut juice.....

Uh where would I get apex seals as the dealer says they're on backorder? I only share my manchowder with babes:biggrin:

I dunno. Maybe he really means to say "you've got something on your nose", because you complimented the FD???? Hell I dunno. I think he's been driving the FD too long and killing brain cells with raw fuel in the fumes from it's tailpipe. Or possibly from extreme exposure to motor oil from crawling under the FD to repair it so often.

Bathurst RX7 specs:

Weight: 2777.8 lbs
Power 280 bhp @ 6500 rpm
Torque 232 ft lbs @ 5000 rpm
BHP/Liter 214 bhp / liter
Power to weight ratio 9.92

NSX-R Specs:

weight: 2824 lbs
power: 290.1 bhp @ 7100 rpm
torque 224.0 ft lbs @ 5500 rpm
hp per litre 91.26 bhp per litre
bhp/weight: 9.73

I believe this was a video where they took the various NSX models, including the Type R and had something like an unfair fight of 5 NSX against 1 Bathurst FD.

The Bathurst FD out accelerated and handled every NSX model, but the brakes were starting to fade on the FD towards the end of the race. I think the FD still won.

It's been a few years since I have seen this DVD.

It's amazing to hear folks that never owned a certain car and come to subjective conclusions about it's negative aspects.
It's not limited to the FD. Just look at eruptions on the Z06 thread.

Batmans i know this video i have seen it. It's Best Motoring test of redesigned NSX back in 2002. Yes there were other NSXs in race. Old NSX-R; S-Zero, old Type S. Zero and old R got stuck behind kurosawa's old Type S which was not leting them pass and almost crushed them. Out in front was New fully loaded Type S which beat the FD. (NA1 or NA2 type R destroys FD all day). Have you seen that video from the begining? they were testing new Type S against other NSXs and S-Zero marked 12.4 1/4 mile time. Type S marked 12.8. have you seen any stock or close to stock FD runing mid 12s? no. If you like BMI watch other videos how RX7s always get their asses handed to them. GT-R and NSX-R were holding their own against many new cars while supra and RX7 (you mentioned those 2 cars) couldnt. RX7 is faster on the track than base NSX. others rip it apart. It does well on touge though, because of low weight and good ballance.

sorry for bad english as it's not my native language so ;)

5 years ago I took my Rx7 to El Mirage for some top speed runs and my transmission took at dump, and I had to drive almost 1.5 hours back home in 3rd gear. I never really had engine problems with my FD, but I had to rebuilt the transmission twice, but it was cheap.

at el mirage

110-1013_IMG.JPG

top speed (with the transmission dying)

110-1003_IMG.JPG

The FD will always be one of my all time favorite cars, I was actually sad when I sold it...Never felt sad when I sold my NSXs

I'm already dreading the feeling of selling the FD to make room for the NSX in the next few months.

FD is like having a model GF. She's got the curves.

Reliabilty is the drama in the relationship, but when it runs well, it's love all over again.

ONLY FD owners will understand that, not folks that goes by "word-of-mouth"

Offtopic.

Are the women in Iceland as fine and uninhibited as they say?

Yes they are but if you meet them at a club here they play hard to get, if you're native that is. I find them much easier to seduce if they are not drunk.

Areout was lucky. If you meet an icelandic girl in a foreign country you are in luck but while home they play hard to get. Some times I get the impression that they think like guys.

Last edited:
Back