• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why do people think that Honda/Acura invented VTEC?

I'm already dreading the feeling of selling the FD to make room for the NSX in the next few months.

FD is like having a model GF. She's got the curves.

Reliabilty is the drama in the relationship, but when it runs well, it's love all over again.

ONLY FD owners will understand that, not folks that goes by "word-of-mouth"

I understand, though i'm not the owner of RX7.
NSX is a model GF as well + reliability:wink: (but with expensive tastes lol) :rolleyes:
I almost bought JDM RX7 some time ago but considering my location (eastern europe, no rotary service, it's a big problem). NSX a perfect car for me but its too expensive. if Rotary service was available here, i would definitly buy one.

I understand, though i'm not the owner of RX7.
NSX is a model GF as well + reliability:wink: (but with expensive tastes lol) :rolleyes:
I almost bought JDM RX7 some time ago but considering my location (eastern europe, no rotary service, it's a big problem). NSX a perfect car for me but its too expensive. if Rotary service was available here, i would definitly buy one.

And the Supra is a reliable wife that makes a hearty meal everyday, but ain't that attractive.......oh, she's also big-boned... :biggrin:

I have been seeing these posts how "ahead" Honda is for being the "first" to have VTEC and for other manufacturers to start seeing the "light" and what not.

Here is a little history lesson:

All variable valve timing from each manufacture operates with similar concept. It was Honda's VTEC (registered trade marked) system first to offer 100hp/liter, or more. 1990 300ZX had a similar system, but only produced 220hp from a 3 liter engine.

Rocking the boat is fun, like the USC marching band many years ago, they tried to rocked a air plane while it was in the sky, therefore, they were banned by United Airline. :biggrin:

And the Supra is a reliable wife that makes a hearty meal everyday, but ain't that attractive.......oh, she's also big-boned... :biggrin:

When people refer to a fat/big girl as big boned, I ask them "have you ever seen a fat skeleton?"

When people refer to a fat/big girl as big boned, I ask them "have you ever seen a fat skeleton?"

Dinosour bones:biggrin:

and looks wise, just because a car is beautiful, which the nsx DEFINITELY is, does not automatically make it timeless. If you want to speak about time, when was the last time a PRIME member said the NSX reeks of the 90's because of its wedge shape and geometric features, as other people have stated.

Do you mean "wedge and geometric" features that make it look dated similar to the features on a mucielago?:tongue: or gallardo? Or how about one from that era, the diablo, regardless of its actual mechanical integrity, I think it's still a great looking car that fits in just fine with todays cars. Same goes for the NSX, the biggest thing that dates the NSX was it losing in the hp war with new cars.

The rx7 on the other hand imo is more timeless because of its more rounded features which is remeniscent of and looks better than porsches
And if you are talking about porsche...when's the last time they updated their look....70's???

Don't get me wrong I think RX7's look great, I even looked at buying one years ago but the reliability issue was too much. I have heard from multiple owners, "They are great cars....when they are running":frown:

I live in Gerogia (republic of georgia). There is no single supra or RX7 here (first RX7 in the country will arrive from japan in the end of this month). there is only one NSX which i drove btw. So i have never seen supra or RX7 live believe it or not.

Back