• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02-05 LB Blue NSX seen on a tow truck CRASHED

02-05 LB Blue NSX seen on a tow truck CRASHED in San Diego area.

Only a few blue ones around. My nephew who lives in SD called me and saw the headlights and major body damage all around the car. He is familiar with the NSX and it was for sure a Long Beach Blue Pearl :frown:

bluebatmobile maybe? whoever it was hope they are ok.

Oh boy... doesn't sound good. Agree, hope driver and pass. O K.

Just today I was viewing Wiki on total production figures for USA and Canadian units 2002-2005 = 876.

Yes, it is BlueBatmobile - got a text on my phone. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
He said he is OK!
I was in tears when I sold the car!! Now I am in tears and my stomach is in knots!!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.....anyone know what happened?

hydroplaned, spun a few times hitting guard rail that kept the car from going down a ravine. Was on his way to pick up some new tires.

Bald tires & our current rain storm do not mix. :(

I have driven the car in the rain on the current tires; when I smogged it before the sale (3 weeks ago) and then only 500 miles ago last year during a major rain on the Toll Road. So I would not totally fault the tires.

The car was clean, what a shame :frown::frown::frown:

That sucks :frown: Sorry to read about this. Glad to hear he is okay.

Another good reason not to drive in the rain. SUVs are better for that.

This is why I dont drive in the rain in my car.....but some people just drive way too fast for the conditions. That car was beautiful and one of my favorite colors ever.

I'm glad to hear that he's OK, the car can be replaced. It was pouring here in San Diego the day that the accident occurred.

SUVs have weight on their side whereas pick-up trucks suck in the rain, they are notorious for light rear-ends because of the empty bed.

Sometimes it's not what you drive, its the OTHER people you have to watch out for in the rain. Which is why I rarely take the NSX out in the rain. Glad the driver is OK and RIP to the LBBP NSX. :frown:

awww man, sorry to hear bluebat. :frown: I hope you get another one soon...
Mine may be off the market soon, someone is coming by to check it out next week.

Sometimes it's not what you drive, its the OTHER people you have to watch out for in the rain. Which is why I rarely take the NSX out in the rain. Glad the driver is OK and RIP to the LBBP NSX. :frown:

I agree with you here. Thats why I won't chance it in the rain. The car is low and hard to see already without reduced visibility from weather.

Hopefully we will hear an update from Bat soon.

If it makes you feel any better Bat, the rain got me on Saturday as well. Blk/Blk 95-T....total loss:frown:

I think I'm going to go car-less until I can find another.

If it makes you feel any better Bat, the rain got me on Saturday as well. Blk/Blk 95-T....total loss:frown:

I think I'm going to go car-less until I can find another.

Is yours the one I saw at Ramon's today? :frown:

Damn Rain...that sucks Floyd. Sorry to hear about that. :frown: I have read WAY too many stories about NSX spin-outs in the rain. With the combination of wide tires everyone is running and the heavy rain, the car can switch ends on you very quickly.

I learned my lesson with my first car. I was on the freeway and went over a bridge that had some standing water. The bridge has a sweeping left hand turn and when I hydroplaned, the steering input had no effect and I bounced off of the guard rail. I was praying that the guard rail would keep me from careening off the overpass which was over 100 feet high...scared the hell out of me. :eek:

Thats exactly what got me. It was the bridge on Antonio just after getting off the Ortega. I was fine on the road surface and when I hit the bridge it got all tail happy. Never got turned around. CHP saw the whole thing. He was stopped at the light while I was going up hill. He said I almost pulled it out. When I went over the curb and hit the wet grass, it was like a bob sled. V shaped concrete drainage ditch is what killed the car.

Back