• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 w/ ctsc, no start, pulse issue, help?

02 w/ ctsc, no start, pulse issue, help? FIXED!!!!!!!

Updated 03-19-07:
Problem found! sooooo simple.

My stereo installer on the NSX used the wire harness wires as a guide for the stereo wires and overtightened the ZIP TIEs holding them in a line. It pulled 2 pins out of the main harness. It must have just wiggled out from the stress of it being too tight, glad is was something so stupid and little and nothing major!!! See you all at HIN with my baby.
MAtt

Original post:
I have a low boost CTSC on my 02. I have put about 4000 miles on it with no issues. I left the stereo on a month ago and the battery died. We went to jump it and it would not start so I took it back to the shop. Put a new ody battery in and it will crank but not fire up. There is no pulse, but as soon as we disconnected everything and grounded out the car (to ensure the motor was fine) it turned over. So to speed up the process I come to you. I have checked the ecu, comptech box, and all the usual suspects, now am looking into any oddball issues that may have gone wrong with wires etc. Has anyone seen this or can give me some direction on where to dig deeper.
TIA
Matt

Last edited:
It has no aem system. My tech grounded out the car externally to the car from the ecu. The pulse, as described to me is the electronic voltage pulse from the ecu to the coils. There is a short somewhere in there, just need some ideas on where to dig deeper.
MAtt

got into the car the last 2 days. it was not that ground, but the good news it has nothing to do with the motor or ecu. We are looking into the stereo install that may some how have done it ( the stereo was left on at a car show for a while, then the car would not start after ) will update this week. It is something so lame I know we are going to kick ourselves when we find it. just a loose wire some where hiding from me :tongue: :mad:
Matt

Thanks to all for the ideas. WE GOT IT!!!
Problem found! sooooo simple.

My stereo installer on the NSX used the wire harness wires as a guide for the stereo wires and overtightened the ZIP TIEs holding them in a line. It pulled 2 pins out of the main harness. It must have just wiggled out from the stress of it being too tight, glad is was something so stupid and little and nothing major!!! See you all at HIN with my baby.
MAtt

Back