• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02+ What color combo and why?

I better get busy living then! I found a blue/tan in my range, but I've always liked black interiors.
In the end I'm going with whatever one is the best deal year considering year (02-05) mods, mileage and service history. This ain't easy!:eek:

"If it was easy the girl scouts would be doing it"......as they say and don't ask me "who they are". Ok, you've come to the only thing that makes sense. Look for the maintenance history and the best mechanical shape and the lowest miles and let the color just be what it is. That's surely one way to do and probably the best way if you want to open up your possibilities to get a car soon. If you have ultimate patience then wait for it all and like Synth says it may only cost you 25k. :tongue:

But what it really boils down to is your budget - right. I mean we really haven't heard what that is. At least I don't recall that. The budget is the thing that drives the search! If you don't have a firm budget then you'll be all over the place and you will just have to happen on one that suites. If you establish your limits then you'll narrow this manuer down fast - I mean - think of it this way - why look for a bunch of cars you can't afford. Look for the ones that you can afford - and remember the "golden rule" according to "me" and others. Buy the best one you can afford - that's the one with the lowest miles, the best history, records, from an individual and a color you like and make the color your last priority. Cause asking folks what they think the best color is and what they'd look for is just another way of waisting time - cause it will never just boil down to the best color. I found that out myself - it was a great color combo - white on white and I really wanted it - had a new clutch was a late model - ohhhhh boy - but in the end I realized it was over my budget and I pulled out before I had someone waist their time going down to look at it for me.

I had to settle on an earlier model but one with history, a nice color and low mileage and a nice interior and those are the things that matter. Not whether or not it red/tan or blue/blue or yellow on yellow and who cares how it was maintained cause you just gotta have it and it doesn't matter that a dealer has it and your gonna pay thru the nose and still not get any records and it has a lot of miles on it and the interior already needs some uphostering done. The budget drives the buss. If you decide on that then the rest will fall right into place and all us guys will help you figure out the best one in that range and you'll have everything working for you!

Best advice I have, over and out,

I wish I had unlimited funds, but Im looking to spend in the 40's. The 02+s have come down a lot and I know I have to strike now. I've found quite a few with good records, no accidents, etc and some seller's really wanting to negotiate.

If I wanted to be homeless I guess I could buy the white/tan. :biggrin: It looks amazing!

In the 40's

There's gotta be some story for that car. A search on the vin yielded nothing on Prime. Weird

salvaged but still within his range (40K)

Doh

I didn't read the description. Just saw the price and mileage.
Thanks Brian

I bought this one instead...02 yellow/black 23k miles, Tubi Exhaust, VOLK 18/19 new tb/wp, all keys, books etc, perfect. I am well pleased!:smile:

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

Nice car but I'm not sur eabout the 1/2 tint. I think you need to finish it off by tinting the side windows.

IOP - Orange Pearl.

A bit different, looks awesome in the sun and is a colour befitting of such a unique car.

oh yes.. Targa, all the way.

Snowboards02.jpg

Last edited:
Gimme a break, used 360's in general suck, unless you are buying the 04 Stradale! If you start comparing $$$, you can find a F430 in the $130k range but it's definitely not rare. Do a search on Ebay and you will find a ton.

White NSX's between 04/05, you have a total of 9 cars. I wouldn't even entertain anything under $90k for mine.

Yours is easily one of my favorite NSX’s on Prime, it is a stunning car and your mods are excellent too so don't think I'm trying to dog anyone’s car (especially yours!) nor NSXs. My only point is that for $75k, there are many alluring options out there for what your money can buy you and the NSX doesn’t offer tremendous value for your money in stock form. Plus, you can buy an 02 now in the $40s so regardless of rare color I wouldn't buy one for $70k much less $90 personally. I wouldn't say 360's suck at all.

For me, and I’ve thought about this since I wanted to get an 02, I would spend in the low-mid $40s on it before I would rather buy a Porsche 997 4S. North of 70k and there are even more exotic options to ponder though I'm not in that price range so I don't have that problem. :wink: None offers the exact same package deal the NSX does, but they offer veeery compelling packages too.

If you really wanted to buy an NSX specifically though, with $70-90k you could buy an 02 NSX, drop a stroker motor in it with ITBs or FI, go widebody, get full suspension and chassis parts, wheels, brakes, paint, and anything else you can think of to have yourself your own personal ultimate tuned NSX with all the best mods you hand pick and install new.

This is seriously getting off topic though and that discussion has been debated forever on Prime so I'll just conclude with an on-topic closer:

White/Red and Black/Red are my personal favorite color combos (Kudos S4play -I'm jealous!) but congrats to mknmoves on your Yellow/Black purchase --and I love those volks!

^ MY favorite color!

Why does your rear wheel gap look too big compared to the front?

I think it may just be the pics, on level ground it looks perfect to me.

Yes I know I have to either tint side windows or take tint off back window.

I think it may just be the pics, on level ground it looks perfect to me.

Yes I know I have to either tint side windows or take tint off back window.

Here's full tint on Yellow:

Yellow01.jpg

MakinMoves - you got a really nice one - what's on it - what mods - the wheel gap obviously indicates a non stock height. But it's a great color - looks like yellow on black. I like the wheels a lot too! You did well.....Congrats...

MakinMoves - you got a really nice one - what's on it - what mods - the wheel gap obviously indicates a non stock height. But it's a great color - looks like yellow on black. I like the wheels a lot too! You did well.....Congrats...

Thanks for the compliment!
As far as I know it's a stock suspension. I crawled underneath and nothing looks modified. The wheel gap may look bigger on the back because the fronts have 225/35/18, I think most people use 215 but I could be wrong.
The only mods are the 18/19 Volks and the cat back exhaust.
Yes it's yellow/black.

It's hard to buy a nice sports car without drawing attention though...

I find this comment really funny considering you are living in LA (the capital of fancy hot cars). Here in norcal, doesn't matter if you drive a Ferrari or Lambo, hardly anyone looks because it's nothing impressive. Any homeowner here can afford one but of course most have other priorities in life. When I take out my NSX, I'm lucky if one person turns his head. Probably if you drive a Veyron you might get a few people to notice you. In LA, I see more nice cars per mile than anywhere else :wink:

Anways back on topic, the top three 02+ color combos for me:

a) GPW/Onyx: Rarest of Rare, think maybe 7 total between 02-05

b) Imola/Onyx: Just because I love orange cars with black interiors and they attract more attention than even white

c) Rio/Onyx: I always loved yellow cars and the NSX pulls it off so nicely. Yellow is ugly on say an Audi or BMW but looks stunning on the nSX :)

Nero Tenebre: thanks for the kind words :) No problem since we all have different opinions on cars. Granted $70-90k these days can buy a lot of cars so we do have a lot of choices. Buyer's who can afford to dump $90k+ cash on a toy car is financially stable so the difference between $90k or $120k shouldn't make much difference to them. My point being they will buy what they want for their own reasons regardless if it makes sense.

My dad can easily buy any car he wants in cash but to him spending anything over $30k doesn't make sense! haha Plenty of people I know here with high net worths over 7 figures drive a $40k car and that is plenty for them.

Last edited:
I know that it's a JDM color option but I would love a Lime Green 02 NSX with black interior. I just love how the lime green looks on an NSX.

Then paint the rims Championship white.

I find this comment really funny considering you are living in LA (the capital of fancy hot cars). Here in norcal, doesn't matter if you drive a Ferrari or Lambo, hardly anyone looks because it's nothing impressive. Any homeowner here can afford one but of course most have other priorities in life. When I take out my NSX, I'm lucky if one person turns his head. Probably if you drive a Veyron you might get a few people to notice you. In LA, I see more nice cars per mile than anywhere else :wink:

That's true, you can easily spot tons of nice cars in Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, etc... where you'll see more Porsches than Hondas. But in the LA suburbs where I am it's a different story. And unfortunately for me the same thing holds true for spotting beautiful women while driving. :frown:

That's true, you can easily spot tons of nice cars in Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, etc... where you'll see more Porsches than Hondas. But in the LA suburbs where I am it's a different story. And unfortunately for me the same thing holds true for spotting beautiful women while driving. :frown:

you live in socal lol, you need to get out more. Hit up the beach with the roof off, its suppose to be like 87 all week anyways. ;)

The OP, great color choice, then again all the nsx's look great with any color. I went for the black as I got a great deal on it, so i didn't really have a choice as I didnt' want to pay 55k for an 02+. You will love the car, I know I do.

Back