• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

05/31/09 - Chino Hills meet, eat, and cruise

I and a buddy of mine, both Supra owners, are planning a meet like we've never done before. How so? Well, we did a Chino Hills meet once before and kept it Supras only to get a feel to what the turn out would be like. With it's success of over 30 Supras and an AMAZINGLY beautiful NSX, we knew right away that we'd need to step it up and extend the meet to other car enthusiests. One of the main groups we wanted to extend an invite to would be the NSX owners. We absolutely love the cars and so far the owners I've had the pleasure of meeting have been great company.

What the meet includes is roped off parking for those participating at the meet. The parking will be organized and you'll be able to park with your group. We just feel that it compliments the car a lot more this way. Also, we'll be providing security to cover the area while you're eating. So far we've managed to work out a discount with Lucilles BBQ for 20% off and a sectioned off area for just us to eat and BJ's is willing to have a buffet provided for us as well. I personally would pick Lucilles BBQ over BJ's any day but please give me some feedback on your thoughts. After the meet, whoever wants to participate in the cruise can join us as we head up to GMR into Mt. Baldy. Last time we went into Azusa Canyon we went the wrong direction (I was leading and had never been before) and came to a dead end but managed to get some AMAZING photos of about 18 Supras lined up and parked nicely in the middle of the street. It was a great day. This cruise will be no different in the sense that we'll be getting some amazing photos and enjoying a great drive. The difference here is, a couple magazine companies have shown a lot of interest in this meet and are asking if they can cover it. Naturally we'll be inviting them so that we can all enjoy talking to eachother, maybe snap a few photos, and enjoy the rest of our day. I figure this way we can leave the work of really covering all the gorgeous cars to a professional. I'll be keeping this thread updated as more information comes out and keeping the list of people attending updated as well from all the areas we've extended an invite. I'm really excited to see some gorgeous NSX's out there.

Oh and I forgot to mention. Cops won't be an issue at all. That's one of my biggest fears is cops since I've already had one state ref ticket. My buddy who is planning the meet has talked to the owners of the shopping center and they are fully aware of this meet and are the ones allowing us to section off an area for parking. The cruise will be covered as well. We protect the guys with mods by making sure the stock guys are behind them and I believe we'll be having a cop following us who is a friend of my buddy Iggy.

Sunday May 31st
Time: 11am-3PM- Cruise after

Here's the list so far for people who are in:

NSXprime.com
tpagannsx
lazynok
scorp965
jfsa82
mpkr91
giftedg (+2)
derelict
striker525
CDX_NSX
ryu
ediddynsx (he committed!)
YellowHaze (bringing it up the rear)
ilya
dougpr
zacks91nsx

Maybe:
c30vtec +1

Supraforums:
IggySupra
Jason
SupraJoey
Petru
bpusupra
Tony
JessSupra +1
Johnny
Bad4urHeart
boywiththeaznsmile
Boon
Patrick+1
DarkAngel (HKS twins)
supra400hptt
etgzj2 +1
Phil
junt
socalmk1
buckweed
JzPower&Associates
benchwarmer
CRS Dynamic
rmjdrift
ka0tic07
speedracer
Octavio-StarletGTT
Sam-gotpball
TOYMR2TRD
Michael Rickman
krazysupramkiv
marc
Alpine2jz
Rocket455
SteveBlkSupraTT96
Matt
Truc
Nick Stonawski

Maybe:
miss_supra95

Corvetteforum
RyneZ06
bahn112
2MMFZ06
Savior1974 +1
Keith N
alcgomez
c5chris
djgcue
djdinoe
Ed718
03redZ06

My350Z.com
John Bronze
350Z GTS
m0nkie
M6SXTZ
RRMikey
daniel723
me1109
Ed 718
dvo
350ZEEEEE
CircleHeartX
SoarVigor
General_Malice
warix
KBurn
350Z_GTS
rory
youngh
conanwr

Lotustalk.com
SleazyE
Lawy'du

POSSIBLY:
plastique999
esoteric
ZJchaser

RX7Club
wan
realchicken
ilikeeatpoo
Roy1928
TheAbsense
DivinDriver
MaczPayne
ahrut
drifter403
Redbaron7**(95 FD)

ClubLexus
shanessc400
puredrifter
tomlee
tim8oland
t0e
tom steele
scmike15
sexy400
xagenesis
teckis300
dz1pnk
dpromgs
roy1928
Dvsir
vinh

Socalevo.net
4g63gst99
VinceR
xdsevo8X
DRJ1014
Enyth
Sneaky Evo
blkside
evo2ceo
evoruff
WKD_EVO9
evo94life +5
evopaul
03carbonevo
markmacoy

Last edited:
NSXprime.com
tpagannsx
lazynok

lazysan... I like your user name :biggrin:

Haha dude yours rocks too. Mine came from Ralph Macchio being called Daniel-san. My counter strike handle was Lazy and turned into Lazysan. Gald to have you at the meet man. When everything is settled I'll be walking over to the NSX area to check out the rides. I absolutely love them.

list updated!!! I hope to see more NSX guys. I just talked to a co-worker of mine who has one who will be attending as well.

Glad to have you joining!

If anyone will be attending but be coming with more than one car, please also let me know so that I can take it into consideration for parking.

List updated! :biggrin:

Hey guys, if you could assist me. I'm not sure if the views are there with no post because there's no interest or if you are considering it but just haven't posted. If you're at least considering, please please let me know. We are trying to make sure we rope off enough parking to accomidate everyone and if a group of people show up and we weren't expecting it, it'll be a very big headache which I hope to avoid. Thanks so much

I might be able to attend, along with my brother and his vette.

can I come? I dont have an NSX yet but it would be a great opportunity to meet current NSX owners and ask them some questions before I finally buy the NSX. Doesnt hurt to see all the beautiful cars that will be there. I live in Chino Hills so it wont be too far from me

Interesting post, Jason. I'm into the whole Cars & Coffee thing and enjoy collaborating with other sports car enthusiasts no matter what the marque. I might be interested in joining in depending upon what I end up doing that weekend. I already planned a NSX road trip for May 30. So far, only two have expressed some interest, so I may need to cancel. I'm also contemplating a track event at Buttonwillow. Too much of a good thing. :biggrin:

Just in case, please put me on the NSX "maybe list". Thanks.

Steve

th_IMG_1611.jpg

can I come? I dont have an NSX yet but it would be a great opportunity to meet current NSX owners and ask them some questions before I finally buy the NSX. Doesnt hurt to see all the beautiful cars that will be there. I live in Chino Hills so it wont be too far from me

People are always more than welcome to come and just hang out.

Interesting post, Jason. I'm into the whole Cars & Coffee thing and enjoy collaborating with other sports car enthusiasts no matter what the marque. I might be interested in joining in depending upon what I end up doing that weekend. I already planned a NSX road trip for May 30. So far, only two have expressed some interest, so I may need to cancel. I'm also contemplating a track event at Buttonwillow. Too much of a good thing. :biggrin:

Just in case, please put me on the NSX "maybe list". Thanks.

Steve

th_IMG_1611.jpg

You've got it Steve. If anything you could always bring the few that have shown interest over to the meet since we'll be going on a great cruise after we're done eating and talking. It'll be a great day with all these gorgeous cars. I hope to see you there.

20 more days until the meet. I've had the feedback from a few of you. Anyone else planning to attend?

There's been some slight changes to the meet. We won't be blocking off the parking nor will we be charging the $3. The discount for eating is still on though. I really hope to see a good amount of you out there. I've heard a group of you came out to a meet once and it wasn't all that great and that everyone was stuck to their own little groups. I can speak on the Supra guys seeing as I know most of them from previous meets and the last thing we care about is talking to the same Supra guys about the same mods they've had since the last meet. Trust me, this is not a meet to miss. Hope to see you all out there!

My NSX Prime May 30th road trip plans have been postponed. I would really like to go to your event. However, May 31 is my birthday and my girlfriend has other plans for me. I know what you are thinking. It's my birthday, right? Well, sometimes one must make certain sacrifices for the female relationship at the expense of the NSX-related one.

Do get the different car groups to interact somehow. Seeing old faces is fine. Meeting new ones is also good. Hope your event turns out well. I'll be on the lookout for the next one. :biggrin:

Steve

I might be picking up my NSX this friday, so ill actually be able to attend with an NSX. Im looking forward to meeting new people and talking cars

My NSX Prime May 30th road trip plans have been postponed. I would really like to go to your event. However, May 31 is my birthday and my girlfriend has other plans for me. I know what you are thinking. It's my birthday, right? Well, sometimes one must make certain sacrifices for the female relationship at the expense of the NSX-related one.

Do get the different car groups to interact somehow. Seeing old faces is fine. Meeting new ones is also good. Hope your event turns out well. I'll be on the lookout for the next one. :biggrin:

Steve

LOL! I'm glad you know what I'm thinking because my birthday is actually May 28th. This is my birthday present to myself. I told my girlfriend I'm doing this and she said it's whatever I want. Lucky me, it doesn't effect my supra relationship. Not going to lie, I'm a little sad I won't be seeing you out there. Keep me posted if you change your mind.

I might be picking up my NSX this friday, so ill actually be able to attend with an NSX. Im looking forward to meeting new people and talking cars

Nice, you're on the list man! As I've been telling everyone, be sure to swing by and say hi. I might have different rims by time the meet comes so just look for the guy in a white t-shirt with a naked chick and a red diamond. (I have to know what I'm wearing so I can meet all of you)

I'll be PMing everyone who's shown interest in the meet with my phone number the Wednesday before the meet in case anyone needs info like when they're lost or they can't find me.

LOL! I'm glad you know what I'm thinking because my birthday is actually May 28th. This is my birthday present to myself. I told my girlfriend I'm doing this and she said it's whatever I want. Lucky me, it doesn't effect my supra relationship. Not going to lie, I'm a little sad I won't be seeing you out there. Keep me posted if you change your mind.

Thanks, Jason, and Happy Birthday in advance. Great B-day present idea. I'm sure it'll be a fun event with good picture opportunities for some nice memories.

20 more days until the meet. I've had the feedback from a few of you. Anyone else planning to attend?

There's been some slight changes to the meet. We won't be blocking off the parking nor will we be charging the $3. The discount for eating is still on though. I really hope to see a good amount of you out there. I've heard a group of you came out to a meet once and it wasn't all that great and that everyone was stuck to their own little groups. I can speak on the Supra guys seeing as I know most of them from previous meets and the last thing we care about is talking to the same Supra guys about the same mods they've had since the last meet. Trust me, this is not a meet to miss. Hope to see you all out there!

Hi Jason. Please provide some additional details on this event. For example, the meeting time is 11AM. When is lunch? If the road trip begins at 3PM, what happens from 11-3 besides eating? Does the group park in the restaurant lot all this time? Also, how long is the Mt. Baldy run and about how much time will it take? Thanks!

Steve

Hi Jason. Please provide some additional details on this event. For example, the meeting time is 11AM. When is lunch? If the road trip begins at 3PM, what happens from 11-3 besides eating? Does the group park in the restaurant lot all this time? Also, how long is the Mt. Baldy run and about how much time will it take? Thanks!

Steve

Sure thing Steve.

Parking will be where the restraunts are. We'll be in an area where other cars don't go, but still in sight for when we're eating. The meet startin at 11:00 AM will result in people showing up as late as 1:00 PM and with as many people as we have coming, odds are we'll be eating around 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM. You can eat at on your own time since a lot of us get caught up in conversation. Lord knows I do. However majority of us will group up and go grab some food at the same time and continue talking. After we're all full, we'll organize for the cruise. We'll find out who's going and who isn't going and get ready to stay together as much as possible. The drive to the Azusa Canyons is about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. I don't see things going past 6:00 PM.
The cruise of course is entirely optional. It'll be fun but for a lot of us I don't think it'll be practical. Especially if this is your birthday weekend (myself included).

If you can't make the cruise Steve, you should try to at least make the meet. It's going to be a lot of fun. Even if it's just for a couple hours. :)

I was organizing a meetup to Malibu but now we want to join your meetup. I think the 3 other NSXs will join too. Count me in and See y'all then.

giftedg

I'm one of the NSX's giftedg mentioned... count me in! (derelict)

Definitely interested in at least the meet, maybe the cruise too....

This will be my first meet since I got the NSX! :eek: Hopefully you don't mind a completely stock car, hahaha :redface:

Back