• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

05/31/09 - Chino Hills meet, eat, and cruise

Hey guys, list updated from other forums. The dude that was in charge of other forums was slacking. I had to get on him to do his part. The list is looking better and better!

Just got to san francisco, car ran good, heading back to ventura area tomorrow night and see everybody sunday morning at the caravan if all goes well. :cool: oh ya, I saw 3 late model supras on the way up here

Last edited:
Just got to san francisco, car ran good, heading back to ventura area tomorrow night and see everybody sunday morning at the caravan if all goes well. :cool: oh ya, I saw 3 late model supras on the way up here

Saw a couple of MKIV Supras huh? I haven't really seen many since I haven't been driving mine. Kind of depressing to me. Man, with the meet tomorrow, I'm insanely excited. I can't wait. :eek:

How does that newly updated list look guys? According the the account, we're up to 127 for the turn out!! HOLY CRAP!!!

Last edited:
How does that newly updated list look guys? According the the account, we're up to 127 for the turn out!! HOLY CRAP!!!

0 sh!!:eek: Awesome job on getting the word out and following up with everyone. Can't wait for tomorrow! You sure there's enough parking?? :biggrin:

change mine to a maybe. I've got to work from now till 6:30am, so I might be too dead to accomplish this.

:eek::eek::mad::frown:
This is what my passenger side footwell looks like right now! Haha. Finally decided to tear out the stupid oldskool car-phone mount... which turned out to be a bigger task than I thought.

Better go clean it up before tomorrow morning! :tongue:

mess.jpg

Weather has kinda sucked in San Diego yesterday and today. It's murky and raining mist right now. Hopefully things look better up there.

Hey guys, a really special thanks to all of you for showing up like you did. A lot of Supra owners absolutely loved seeing all the NSXs. Everyone was asking why we didn't represent like you guys. It was a blast. More importantly though, I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I apologize for disappearing around food time but I was starving.

I hope you all plan on coming out to the next meet I throw. It'll be the end of summer or beginning fall. I look forward to seeing you all again and hopefully getting a better chance to talk to all of you. I was all over the place. I barely got to see all the cars. Hope you all enjoyed the cruise too. Alright... lets post some pictures!!

Jason.

A special thanks to Jason "Lazysan" for planning and organizing this fun event. Nice job and Happy Birthday Jason (and to me, too). :smile:

I forgot to bring my camera- arrrgh!. However, that allowed me more time for chatting with my fellow NSX groupies as well as the pleasant and friendly owners of the Supra, 350Z, Acura, Corvette, and other sports car marques. What a great group of people.

I got too much sun even though it was mostly overcast in the morning and early afternoon hours. I also ate too much (what do you expect from dining at Lucille's). It was all worth it. I enjoy the comaradderie and talking amongst fellow car enthusiasts about our beloved cars.

The road trip was fun until the first siren about 3/4 of the way to the top. That was followed by the first police car sighting and soon followed by more police cars and trucks. Yikes! Did you see the looks on the faces of those officers. Me thinks we were all guilty by association. Looks like most of us made it out of there without any trouble. Next time, we must plan a road trip that is "police low profile".

Please post pics, especially the ones we took as a group with our NSXs lined-up in squardron fashion. I plan on doing a write-up on this day to submit to the NSXCA. I've waited too long for the next issue of the NSXCA mag to come out. Hope to see many of you again and soon.

Steve

Last edited:
Jason-- I only talked to you briefly, and didn't get a chance to say thanks for organizing everything! What an awesome turnout! It was great meeting everyone... lots of really chill people there, sharing a love of cars :biggrin:

I had a great time and definitely look forward to the next meet.

And just to repeat what Jason and Steve have already said... if ya got pics, post em up!! :biggrin:

Jason-- I only talked to you briefly, and didn't get a chance to say thanks for organizing everything! What an awesome turnout! It was great meeting everyone... lots of really chill people there, sharing a love of cars :biggrin:

I had a great time and definitely look forward to the next meet.

And just to repeat what Jason and Steve have already said... if ya got pics, post em up!! :biggrin:

Hi Derick. Hope I spelled your name right. It was nice meeting you. Now I can put your face to your avatar, Lord Vader. Hac posted some nice pics under the picture and video gallery folder. Can't wait to see more!

Steve

Out of curiosity, what were people getting pulled over for?? I don't remember anyone doing burnouts or otherwise actin' a fool :confused: It seemed like people were generally keeping it low-key.

Of course, the group was big enough it was bound to attract attention... but that was part of the fun of it! :biggrin::cool:

Out of curiosity, what were people getting pulled over for?? I don't remember anyone doing burnouts or otherwise actin' a fool :confused: It seemed like people were generally keeping it low-key.

Of course, the group was big enough it was bound to attract attention... but that was part of the fun of it! :biggrin::cool:

The only person that was pulled over is one of the Supra owners who was in his girlfriends 240. I guess the cops were about to light up a Supra owner who just got out of a state ref ticket. The courts told him he had to stay out of trouble for 6 months. The guy in the 240 saw the cops and jumped in front of them so that the cop would pull him over since the car was stock minus an intake and exhaust. He didn't get any ticket either. Other than that, I'm not aware of any cop issues.

The only person that was pulled over is one of the Supra owners who was in his girlfriends 240. I guess the cops were about to light up a Supra owner who just got out of a state ref ticket. The courts told him he had to stay out of trouble for 6 months. The guy in the 240 saw the cops and jumped in front of them so that the cop would pull him over since the car was stock minus an intake and exhaust. He didn't get any ticket either. Other than that, I'm not aware of any cop issues.

Wow. I must say that was a very cool move. My compliments to him.

Thanks for setting this up. I didn't join you for the drive, but the meet and the caravan to it was good fun. :)

Wow. I must say that was a very cool move. My compliments to him.

Thanks for setting this up. I didn't join you for the drive, but the meet and the caravan to it was good fun. :)

Honestly, I hate setting up meets cause they require a lot of planning and time which i rarely have but with something like this I am always more than happy to continue setting them up. The next meet will be in September. We hope to make it even bigger and better. You can count on an invite to the NSX guys.

I remember the 240 being pulled over. That was the first siren I heard as we headed up the hill. What about the three white Supras that were pulled over on the other side of the road by the police car and police SUV? That was toward the top of the hill when the group came to another grinding halt. After that one, I wasn't having fun any more. I had thoughts of being pulled over, sighted for a non-compliance engine, and doing hard time with Bubba who wanted to show me something in the corner of our shared cell.

I remember the 240 being pulled over. That was the first siren I heard as we headed up the hill. What about the three white Supras that were pulled over on the other side of the road by the police car and police SUV? That was toward the top of the hill when the group came to another grinding halt. After that one, I wasn't having fun any more. I had thoughts of being pulled over, sighted for a non-compliance engine, and doing hard time with Bubba who wanted to show me something in the corner of our shared cell.

Oh wow! There's been no mention of other cars being pulled over. I'll see what happened with that.
I know the feeling of being stressed out due to cops for having a modified car. The answer for me will be Arizona in July. There's no emissions laws there. Something about worry free seems worth it all.

Guys...just a fair warning, Chino Hills police are super strict. If your car looks way modded or super ghetto fab with different color body panels and rusted parts, you will be pulled over. They keep the city super clean and really don't "F" around especially if you don't live in the city.

For any future meets, I suggest not caravaning in because that attracts way too much attention and gives 5.0 some nice pickin' for a handful of tickets. Just come individually so you can just sneak in under the radar unannounced and leave quietly without a ton of attention.

Back