• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

09 Acura TL info leaked

For the love of God. Everything that Acura is releasing looks worse than a donkey dick. I've never even seen a donkey dick in person.

Interior looks well thought out but the outside is a DISASTER!! That thing already looks like its been in a major RTA and had a real bad repair!

I can't wait to drive the sh-awd version with 305/275! We're going to Denver next month to learn about it and drive it back to back with the competing cars. I never really cared about what the car looked like. I just hoped that they didn't screw up how it drove. I'm sure it will drive amazing.

I'm ok with the looks. I threw up in my mouth when I first saw the 09 RL at the auto show. I really like it in person though. The TSX was so-so for me in pics. Again, I love it in person. I'm assuming the TL will be the same way for me.

My only initial complaint right now is there doesn't appear to be a manual tranny offered. I know lot's of people gripe about that, but at our dealership anyway, we sell maybe 1 or 2 six-speed Type S TL's a year. Oh well, maybe we'll get it with a Type S version. They typically bring in the Type S trim on year 3 of the cylce.

Maybe it looks better in person?!

Jesus...I was going to replace my S4 with the Type-S awd...but now I think I'll just wait for the new S4.

The interior looks sweet though...the exterior is amazingly disgusting...not even sure how they made it look that bad. That takes real effort.

I can't wait to drive the sh-awd version with 305/275! We're going to Denver next month to learn about it and drive it back to back with the competing cars. I never really cared about what the car looked like. I just hoped that they didn't screw up how it drove. I'm sure it will drive amazing.

I'm ok with the looks. I threw up in my mouth when I first saw the 09 RL at the auto show. I really like it in person though. The TSX was so-so for me in pics. Again, I love it in person. I'm assuming the TL will be the same way for me.

My only initial complaint right now is there doesn't appear to be a manual tranny offered. I know lot's of people gripe about that, but at our dealership anyway, we sell maybe 1 or 2 six-speed Type S TL's a year. Oh well, maybe we'll get it with a Type S version. They typically bring in the Type S trim on year 3 of the cylce.

The SHAWD replaced the type S and I can't wait to drive that one myself.

wow, almost as good looking as the nsx:tongue:

i dont know, maybe a body kit from mugen could tidy it up a bit? or some other company like that, assuming they release the body style in japan

The SHAWD replaced the type S and I can't wait to drive that one myself.

Well, that's what the media keeps saying. So far the official word from Acura is there is no Type S right now. But that's usually been the case with them. The 99-03 body style TL didn't get Type S until 02 & 03. The current gen TL didn't get Type S until 07 and 08. When it was launched for 04, they said there are currently no plans for a Type S model TL.

I'm still holding out hope that there will be a TL-S with SH-AWD on the 3rd year of the cycle.

Wow... Nice looking Camry.

Camry meets Brock Lesner was my first thought.

The rear looks like it wants to be the new Altima or Maxima, but it also reminds me of the Civic coupe's tail end.

Overall, this thing ain't got nothing on the current TL, or the new Accord for that matter....

the only thing going for it is the AWD 3.7L

however i would just swap in the 3.7 in today type-s and call it good enough. The new TL looks like absolute shit.

its about a C-R-A

on the C-R-A-P scale.

That thing is as ugly as sin. I'm sorry, I don't care how well it drives I wouldn't even consider a test drive in something that awful.

Just horrible.

That is one UGLY car. Should of kept the last styles and put in rwd. The TL only lost to the 3 series BMW because of the lack of RWD. Now it's going to lose because it looks like utter crap.

We loved our 04 TL. It looks great and really stood out amoung the competitors. This new car looks like total CRAP. I just showed the pic to my wife and she said "that looks awful".

What the hell is acura smoking?? I predict this car will not sell even close to as well as the previous gen car.

1993 Acura lineup: Very nice.

1993_acura_lineup.jpg

acura_trickle_down_theory.jpg

2000 Acura lineup: Still not bad.

IMG_09551.jpg

2008 Acura lineup: At least the TL still looks attractive. Bad news: it'll be gone in 2009. Good news: The entire lineup will conform to the new Acura design language: uniformly ugly.

2008_acura_lineup.jpg

Last edited:
09.acura.tl.r34.500.jpg

From that angle it looks ...ok...then you get to these angles...

09.acura.tl.act.r34.500.jpg

09.acura.tl.act.f34.2.500.jpg

*PUKE*

Wow, I'm liking this more and more every time I see it! Yes, it's very different for Acura, but who wants the same old car?

Wow, I'm liking this more and more every time I see it! Yes, it's very different for Acura, but who wants the same old car?

LOL Haven't you heard/read most Honda owners want all Hondas cars to basically look like anything they sold in the 90's:wink:

You are biased, for sure.

Even if I DID buy into that, look at the rear end. Its a total Maxima rip off. The lines are VERY similar.

You are biased, for sure.

Even if I DID buy into that, look at the rear end. Its a total Maxima rip off. The lines are VERY similar.

Why am I biased? Because I sell for Acura? I can see that, but I'm not trying to sell anybody here anything. I'm not here representing Acura or the dealership. I'm here as a fan just like everybody else. I started out working there as a fan of Acura. I grew up on Honda. That's all my dad ever bought. If Honda didn't make it, he didn't want it. It then turned into a natural progression towards Acura.

Lot's of cars have design cues from other cars. I'm sure when the Maxima came out that it had similar lines from other cars before it.

It's not that bad. Not great but not ugly and certainly a departure from the last generation TL.

I had thought the TSX was one ugly mofo but seeing it in person, it's actually very attractive. I'm hoping the same for the TL.

TL is Fugly.

All the recent Acura redesigns are just terrible.

Attachments

• bfkiel20-1.jpg
    bfkiel20-1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 44
Back