• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1/4 mile times of force induced NSX's

I apologize if this topic has been asked before and if it should be in another section.

I have tried my best to find previous topics regarding this, and I cant seem to find any.

I basically would like to ask anyone who owns or knows someone who owns a supercharged or TT NSX and to divulge their 1/4 mile times. As of now, I have no idea how much faster this would make the NSX, and I am considering the forced-induction route in the future.

Along with the 1/4 mile time, could you also let me know which supercharger or TT your NSX is using?

I just want a general idea of what performance the forced-induction route would make.

Thank you very much.

I have a friend with a 3.0L twin turbo setup that ran a best et of 11.9X. I will be taking my BBSC 3.0L to the track once the tuning process is complete. I'll be sure to post the results as they take place.

Originally posted by Redeye:
I apologize if this topic has been asked before and if it should be in another section.

I have tried my best to find previous topics regarding this, and I cant seem to find any.

I basically would like to ask anyone who owns or knows someone who owns a supercharged or TT NSX and to divulge their 1/4 mile times. As of now, I have no idea how much faster this would make the NSX, and I am considering the forced-induction route in the future.

Along with the 1/4 mile time, could you also let me know which supercharger or TT your NSX is using?

I just want a general idea of what performance the forced-induction route would make.

Thank you very much.
Attitude Adjuster (me) 1991 all stock except:
CTSC NSX - 1991 7.5 lbs boost dali clutch, short gears, stock R&P, through stock exhaust with Cats. Everything else is stock - 3255lbs
Category - Name - 1/4 Time - 1/4 Speed - 1/8 Time - 1/8 Speed - Best 60’
------------------- ----------------- ------ ------- ------ ------ --------
Norm Aspirated - dswartz - 12.53 - 111.45 - 8.08 - 88.39 - 1.86
NOS - 4g62bt2c30a - 12.53 - 117 - x - x - 2.20
NOS - NosNsx - 12.2 - 113 - x - x - x
Supercharged - Attitude Adjuster - 12.37 - 114.12 - 8.05 - 89.90 - 1.98
Turbocharged - Gerry - 11.95 - 121.61 - 7.87 - 94.71 - 2.01
Outright Fastest - nsxlr8 - 11.60 - 120.00 - x - x - 1.75

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

10.6 a long time ago. last of my nitrous runs. I've been busy openeing a shop to deal with my own car lately. When i finally got time to video a repeat run, I WRECKED the car! It's currently being put back together. A low 10 is expected. I'll shut up until I have proof of this though.

Dual staoge 150 + 100.

with 110 race gas, larger fuel pump, and the timing turned down a few degrees, it runs smooth. I haven't run it in a long time though, It makes me nervous to run that much with the stock rods and pistons. I honestly don't trust that much nitrous. Head Gaskets have been replaced (after 120K miles) Nitrous or normal wear? By the look of the Gaskets, it was just normal wear.
When the car is back together I'll get some video of me running both shots on the net.

Wow...I'm impressed. Personally, I'd be scared to run that much nitrous through my 2001 C5. Don't know if the stock pistons would hold. Although, I do know of some people running 250-300 wet/dry setups on stock C5s. Some vendor is supposed to be coming out with a timing controller for the LS1. That would be perfect for nitrous use because you could take out timing with the twist of a knob when running nitrous
smile.gif

Be very afraid. I've seen C-5 after C-5 with blown motors on 150shots. my good friend who owns a shop here in Houston that works mostly on domestics used to see them come in all blown up from nitrous all day long. But like most anything, it could just be from driver error and improper set up.

Back