• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

10,000 + rpm

More interior shots surfacing. More on VTEC.net. Tach appears to be 10,000 plus RPM! :eek:

as_nsx-10.jpg

edit: dang, the pic is there and then goes away. Anyway, here's a thumbnail.

Attachments

• as_nsx-10.jpg
    as_nsx-10.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Pic doesn't work, at least for me anyway, but I saw them on vtec.net.

Looks like the redline is at about 8,500rpm, and there is definitely a 10 on there. Nice!! You can also see what looks like a production-spec flat-bottom steering wheel and frameless windows.

I wouldn't get too excited....just a gauge in a test car. The speedo in my NSX goes to 190 too.

Crossing fingers tho!

Jup. Redline starts at 8.5. Nice.

Yup, upon actually looking at the pictures, it does appear the red circle starts at 8.5k. This not nessacarily mean fuel cuts off at 8.5k. I believe there are some tachs out there that have the redline sooner than actually engine cutoff.

I wouldn't get too excited....just a gauge in a test car. The speedo in my NSX goes to 190 too.

Crossing fingers tho!
Yeah, but it looks finished and production-ready. They wouldn't go through that much trouble for the test driver's visual pleasure.

That redline area looks fairly large. Maybe if it's in cyl. deactivation mode, it redlines at 8,500RPM's in 6 or 8 cylinder mode. Maybe it redlines at 10k rpm's at full V-10 song?!

More interior shots surfacing. More on VTEC.net. Tach appears to be 10,000 plus RPM! :eek:

as_nsx-10.jpg

edit: dang, the pic is there and then goes away. Anyway, here's a thumbnail.

So if let the actually redline extended over to 12000 RPM, would that make you even more excited?:tongue::biggrin:

Does anyone think a V-10 that redlines at 10k is even remotely possible for a production vehicle? What are the odds? Seems like a pretty unacheivable dream to me.

Crossing fingers tho!

NA1 theoritical gear limited to 189mph if I am not mistaken.

Argh I can't figure out why some of you are so excited about a 10k tach and all this talk about a 10k redline. As mentioned, the Integra Type R had a 10k tach and an 8400rpm redline, and it looks pretty clear to me that this is basically the same. Going past 9k on a big production V10 just isn't feasible or worthwhile, and it seems like the picture is pretty clear about what the redline is, to me at least. Can't you be satisfied with what would still be the highest-revving V10 in production?!

Argh I can't figure out why some of you are so excited about a 10k tach and all this talk about a 10k redline. As mentioned, the Integra Type R had a 10k tach and an 8400rpm redline, and it looks pretty clear to me that this is basically the same. Going past 9k on a big production V10 just isn't feasible or worthwhile, and it seems like the picture is pretty clear about what the redline is, to me at least. Can't you be satisfied with what would still be the highest-revving V10 in production?!

It's still fun to talk and speculate about it. We've waited a very long time for any news from Acura about a new car like this. Don't rain on our parade.:biggrin::tongue:

If it's true, it should sound and FEEL amazing. But i'll hold my excitement until the first production model rolls out the door.

Last edited:
Very, very cool. Considering how intoxicating it's been to take 6 cylinders to 8000 RPM all day long for the last 15 years, I'll GIDDILY spin another 4 up to 8500. Dear Lord, this is going to be a roadgoing crack pipe for us.

Attachments

• as_nsx-10.jpg
    as_nsx-10.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back