• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

10 years of ownership!

Today marks 10 year since I picked up my 91 Formula Red dream car. I flew from Michigan to El Paso, TX with my good friend and drove the car back some 2000 miles.
My original thread from then is here http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/68866-Finally-my-dream-come-true

The car had 29K miles on it when I bought it....today it has just over 60K.

After 10 years of ownership I can say I truly bought the right car. I still get excited when I get to drive the car. I still love looking at it in the garage or staring at it as I walk to/from it in a parking lot. I'm as much in love it with today as the day I picked it up.

Granted, there has been no shortage of modifications to the car through the years to keep me entertained...full engine build, LoveFab turbo, KW coilevers...etc...etc Actually, the car is currently on jackstands undergoing some spring modifications and maintenance right now, but, should be back on the road this weekend.

This is a good time to also state what a great group of people there are on this forum. Many have been supportive in my small business ventures here. I think to date I've shipped out over 300 pairs of lens covers if not more....and really that just supports my mod addiction so it's going right back into the community here :) Many others have helped me tackle the rare odd issues I've run into with the car with extreme knowledge and patience. So thank you all!

The ownership of this car has also opened to the door to meeting all the great local owners/car enthusiast's who have also been great support with the car from time to time and organizing a lot great drives/meets over the years. We've certainly created a lot of fun memories. Looking forward to more this year and the coming years!

Here's to the next 10 years!

10 years ago today....
DSC03957 by blodi, on Flickr
DSC03959 by blodi, on Flickr
DSC03966 by blodi, on Flickr
12656DSC03998-1 by blodi, on Flickr
12656DSC03994-1 by blodi, on Flickr

More recently...
1658178_369019829905866_1634156292_o by blodi, on Flickr
1782280_367796433361539_1387575590_o by blodi, on Flickr

My daughter checking out the car this spring when I got it out of storage...
Untitled by blodi, on Flickr

Today...but back on the road this weekend!

I'm right at 8 years, and yes it does go right by. I am sure am glad I did it.

Hadn't seen those Texas plates in say 10 years, LOL. Maybe in 15 years can pass down to your baby girl.

wonderful pride in ownership....here's to many more...

congrats! awesome how pictures from 10 years ago have good enough quality that they look like they were taken today.

Thanks guys! The enjoyment continues. The car is back in action now and I've had it out a couple of times. I've joked recently that I can't go out for a drive without getting "spotted". The first day back out with it I got two photos sent to me from friends that were sent to them of my car. I don't know if the car just gets more attention now than it has over the last 10 years or if it's just the new age of social media...it's funny either way.

Couple pics of it back on the ground too...got a new carbon Shine lip and some new Dunlop Z2's on the back...man they hookup great! I still have a Momo wheel waiting to go in too when I get time.

Back