• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$15K for 95 NSX?

I found a 1995 NSX selling for 14,500 in my area. Supposedly no accidents & never raced. Sounds too good to be true, can you guys tell me what to look out for? NSX specific or otherwise? How can I be sure I am not getting scamed?

roscoe888 said:
I found a 1995 NSX selling for 14,500 in my area. Supposedly no accidents & never raced. Sounds too good to be true, can you guys tell me what to look out for? NSX specific or otherwise? How can I be sure I am not getting scamed?

If you can't physically put your hands on the car it is a scam. If the seller is going to ship the car to you because he has moved out of the country, you are getting scammed. Even a totaled NSX is worth 14,500. I would say I am 100% sure it is a scam.

I found 42" plasmas on the internet for 899.00 just 7 miles from my house. When I looked up the name of the person listed in the add the number in the phone book was different than the number in the add. When I called the number in the phone book the guy who answered the phone was in fact the guy named in the add and the address was the same but he knew nothing about plasmas TV's.

too many threads on this subject....someone should just put a sticky on top and say:

"IF YOU FIND A UNBELIEVABLE PRICE FOR AN NSX, IT'S MOST LIKELY TRUE THAT YOU ARE GETTING SCAMMED!!"

:wink: :smile:

what if they want to use an escrow company called square trade? The seller is not in the country, but would using an escrow service be safe?

roscoe888 said:
what if they want to use an escrow company called square trade? The seller is not in the country, but would using an escrow service be safe?

That's the same scam that almost got me a long time ago. If you inquire into what Square Trade actually does, the are SETTLEMENT DISPUTE ONLY. They ARE NOT an escrow service. I spoke to a Square Trade representative and she said she gets several calls a day due to this kind of scam.

roscoe888 said:

I don't mean to be rude or insulting, so please take this as constructive criticism. If you are seriously asking these questions because you honestly don't know the answers already, I would recommend that you take the money that someone is about to scam out of you and put it toward furthering your education. But for now, write this down and read it every day until that time:

"If something sounds too good to be true, it isn't."

Last edited:
Send me half the money and when I don't send you a NSX you will only feel half as bad as you would sending all the money. :biggrin: :biggrin:

elkiee parker christopher mason are some names that tried to scam me just brought nine from esco motors rt 46 lodi nj.

steveny said:
Send me half the money and when I don't send you a NSX you will only feel half as bad as you would sending all the money. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Heheh, reminds me of the line the black jack dealer uses on Clark in Vegas Vacation. Something like "Why don't you give me half the money you were going to bet, then we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a day.

roscoe888 said:

I can tell you to look for a 95 NSX for around $45 with low miles and a proven maintenance record and history - just my opinion :biggrin:

RSO 34 said:
I don't mean to be rude or insulting, so please take this as constructive criticism. If you are seriously asking these questions because you honestly don't know the answers already, I would recommend that you take the money that someone is about to scam out of you and put it toward furthering your education. But for now, write this down and read it every day until that time:

"If something sounds too good to be true, it isn't."

I always thought it was,

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. (or just "it is")

:wink:

Back