• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

19/20 wheel

The 18/19 is a beautiful combo on the car and I'm sure the 19/20 is stunning.

I had 18/19 iForged and they also rubbed lock to lock and during very hard cornering. It's the rubbing while cornering that's the part that stinks... takes away from the performance aspect of the car if you know what I mean.

I absolutely agree !!
I guess the best thing to do is figure out your needs and wants of your car.
If you desire tracking/racing through the corners and push this amazing car to it's limits,then going with "Big tires and wheels" are definately not for you !!!
Now if you are just a person choosing to cruise the local roads on nice days and have this car for it's "Stunning look" then it's a different story!!
I choose the look over performance.I could never drive this car using it's full potential,maybe a waste,but I LOVE the look !
For the ones that track theirs,I admire you for doing so and one day I can hopefully get a ride in a track car !
Anyway,my point is,choose your desire and modify to accomadate !
FWIW-I have ordered a set of Volk GT-V Titanium Gunmetal wheels(18 and 19's) the other day.Now I will have two sets of wheels. I would love to do this dyno in the other thread(Influence of bigger wheels) as I have stock wheels and the 20's to compare.Doesn't get any more amplified than that,LOL !!!!
Just wish dyno time wasn't so damn expensive !!

All the best,

Stacy

I use all-seasons in 18/19 for DD in the cold :(

I run a 19/20 setup on my nsx... 19x8.5 and 20x10.5 in the rear. TSW Montage in chrome...

Mine don't rub... possibly MINOR on full lock, but only on bumps, and my car is somewhat slammed on tein RA's

This is wot I'm talkin' bout! :eek:

main.jpg

6429sig_2_.jpg

Sky

And this is the 18/20 setup I ran for a couple months... didn't like the way the car felt with the significant difference in tire height front to rear.

I run a 19/20 setup on my nsx... 19x8.5 and 20x10.5 in the rear. TSW Montage in chrome...

Mine don't rub... possibly MINOR on full lock, but only on bumps, and my car is somewhat slammed on tein RA's

Those look like TSW Nogaro's. I know since that's what i've been looking at getting, just not in chrome but hyper silver. That's the first time i've seen it on an NSX , and I like it. Now i'm trying to decide if I should stay with the 18/19 setup, or go down to 17/18. If I go with the 18/19's, I'm wondering if I could use 19x9.5 +20 (hello nsxtasy :wink: )

Looks great
What offset and Tire do you have
(more Pic's Please)

you're right... haha my mistake they are nogaro. Mondello was my first set... the 18s/20s. Montage was another set I had considered...

I'm running +35 offset with a 275 30 20 in the rear... 20x10.5 wheel. It has about a 3.5" lip.

I'll have to check for more pics... reason being why I havent posted any pics of it in the past, I never got around to snapping too many photos and winter has effected that.
Chris

Attachments

• DSCF0237.jpg
    DSCF0237.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCF0241.jpg
    DSCF0241.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 215
well... i guess i should chime in.Yes i bought my car with 19/20s.NO it didnt rub-till i lowered it , then i toasted a fender! The car had tein S-tech-but i went to flexes and lowered it more,that's when the sh-- hit the fan...or should i say tire hit the fender! 215/35/19,275/30/20.BTW i had no TCS issues whatsoever,just lucky i guess...

sorry to revive the old thread, but i just acquired an NA1 NSX 1992 last weekend and im having trouble on finding the CORRECT offset to run 19/20 setup for the car

the car has a standard front and rear fenders/guards (no wide-body), standard calipers (no bbk) and it's got BC Coil-overs suspension

i know for sure by now there are quite a few of you running 19/20 setup, so could you please kindly advise the CORRECT offset for 19/20 set-up - either for 19x8 or 19x8.5 front and 20x10 rear - so i can AVOID rubbing and TCS problem

really appreciate the help

thanks guys :)

As noted above:

I haven't heard of any 19" front tire size that fits the NSX without rubbing.
Sell the wheels and get a set in a smaller diameter, one for which there are tires that will fit (18"/19" will work, although you'll find much more tire availability in 17"/18").

Back