• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 GPW to NA1 NSX R - Mild Conversion

I've been collecting parts for the past few months just waiting for everything to arrive.
The SOS NSX-R mesh engine cover came today!!

Here's a list of everything that is sitting in the garage and soon to be installed.

SOS NSX-R engine cover
NA2 rear aluminium bumper beam
NSX R stereo delete plate
NSX R upper and lower chassis bars
NSX R coolant tank cover

The weight of the SOS NSX R mesh cover is under 2 lbs. I'm using a bathroom scale so I can't get it exact but it's around 1.75 lbs.

I'll post pics when it's all done but here's one from the NSXCC meet last weekend.
1054dxg.jpg

Last edited:
Nice going!

I forgot...where did you locate those wheels again...are they genuine Type R...or did you find a dead-on look-a-like?

I like where you're going with this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Okay it's been a while since I posted an update. My ABS collector failed so that just gave me the excuse I needed to delete ABS and TCS. Mesh engine cover is on. Stereo and speakers are deleted. Carbon fiber delete plate is on. Upper and lower chassis bars on! NSX R front sway on!
There is a VERY noticeable difference with the chassis bars and the sway bar on aggressive turn in.
It minimizes body roll and the turn in is very good now even with the soft OEM suspension.
I'm on Potenza RE11's. Pics coming soon. I swear. Car is dirty now from working on it. Thanks Geoff.

Edit: Ah yes I knew I'd forget something! Sound deadening behind the seats is out as well.

Next on the list...

Zanardi / Type S springs and shocks
rear bumper beam na 1 to na 2...
hunting na2 headers and exhaust (Toronto area, local only)
new clutch
R differential
R gearing
timing belt. hey what the hell. may as well since the clutch needs to get changed.

Last edited:
Love the build.

How much weight did you save with the ABS/TCS delete?

How much weight did you save with the sound deadening material?

It's difficult to guesstimate how much weight was removed from the sound deadening but that stuff is heavy so it was pretty substantial. I haven't weighed the ABS yet but since it was a full removal with the collector having gone bad and so on.... I'll get you some weights and post it here as well as to the weight reduction thread.

Estimated weight of the sound deadening material behind the seats is 10 lbs.
Estimated weight of ABS delete is 15 lbs give or take.

Last edited:
I would appreciate it.

I'm planning on removing all the OEM stereo / equipment so sound deadening material might be in the works as well. I just need to make sure the exhaust system I chose is "musical" enough to my ears to justify going without music. :biggrin:

As to the TCS, if it's heavy enough, then that may push be the final straw that pushes me over to an AEM EMS (which would make the TCS useless).

As to the weight reduction thread, I wish there were pictures on how to remove the windshield cowling so that I can get to the wiper motors - I can't "pull" off the cowling and I've tried pulling at various angles like others have written.

How come your not going Type-R suspension?

Man if I had the money... I remember going to see it at Brant Acura... I was about to ask the bank for $40k lol

Both the NSX and the ITR are for sale now. I need the money and no more humming and hawing at the thought of selling.
I managed to hang on to them for another year since I originally and very relunctantly posted them for sale and then changed my mind, but they have to go.
Looking for quick sale. Asking $40k CDN for the NSX and $15k for the ITR.

What's the current state of the car? You specified many upgrades were "in the works", which were done and which weren't? Canadian or US car? Accident history? You will save yourself lots of questions if you fill out the standard form and make a detailed list of the upgrades that were completed, parts that are included but not yet installed, records in hands, service done/required, etc.

Canadian car.
Second owner.
No accidents
Mileage is at like 78k kms
Clutch may need to be done soon but there is still life there and I was planning on doing the timing belt as well as NSX R gears and snap ring (it is in range) all at once but life got in the way.
Never completed changing over the shocks and springs to Zanardi was planning on it but it didn't happen, I have the rear aluminum bumper beam but never switched that out. ABS & Traction Control are unhooked. ABS collector is bad which is what prompted me to unhook it but I was planning on pulling it out completely. There are a few little character marks from the previous owner like some stone chips and whatnot but overall the car is extemely clean, just ask any of the Canadian guys from Southern Ontario on here as everyone is familiar with the car.

ITR is bone stock.

It's okay guys. I plan on being back in a Honda in short order.
Probably a PY ITR. I just have a feeling....
Thanks for the well wishes and the reference Bram.

Man, this is shitty.

Again, Russell is very meticulous with both cars. I've seen the NSX multiple times and it's just as good as he said; and I've seen the ITR this summer, which is the same story.

If you're looking for some great Honda heritage, they're right here.

Back