• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 NSX + 1975 Civic

Very nice! I like those old Hondas, I personally would like to do similar thing as you but with a Honda Z (600 coupe)

I love the engine swap. I also had a Civic CRX with type R engine swap. Old cars are really light, so it is easy to get the same/more power to weight ratio as the NSX. (Over 200hp) I've got a B18C (Integra R) and B16B (Civic R) engines sitting in my garage now, and 3 spare CRXs... I need to find time to do another project :)

Sorry, don't know what a k20 is.....guessing it's the new Integra/RSX motor?

And Mugen twin-loop...again, not sure what you're talking about. If you're talking about the headers, they are Mugen. If you're talking about my crappy muffler, it's an MIT special (MIT = Made in Taiwan).

peter said:
Sorry, don't know what a k20 is.....guessing it's the new Integra/RSX motor?

yea the k20a is the new honda integra type r engine. the good thing about the new k series engines is they are mounted like your d16y8, backwards with the intake manifold on the front. They also come with a 6speed, and 220hp. very very nice motors.

HAsport sells a kit to put k20's in cars originally equipped with d16's, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to put it in there instead of your d16y8.

bambbrose said:
yea the k20a is the new honda integra type r engine. the good thing about the new k series engines is they are mounted like your d16y8, backwards with the intake manifold on the front. They also come with a 6speed, and 220hp. very very nice motors.

HAsport sells a kit to put k20's in cars originally equipped with d16's, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to put it in there instead of your d16y8.

Hmmm, I'm not sure it will work then because my intake manifold is mounted in the back, with the headers coming out the front. The picture might be a little confusing because the hood opens the other way, with the hinge at the nose of the car.

Back