• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 NSX - Silver/Black, 5spd, JH4NA1154NT001157 - Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world's best NSX for sale (ok, maybe I'm biased...):

• 1992 Acura NSX
  • VIN # JH4NA1154NT001157
  • 149,887 miles
  • Sebring Silver/Onyx
  • 5-speed manual
  • Located near Austin, TX
  • PRICE: now $25,000 obo (consider partial trade for small motorcycle)
OWNERS: I am the 3rd owner of this car, and have had it since 1999.The first owner bought it in Austin, a dentist, then a medical equipment salesman brought it to Plano, TX. I returned it to Austin.

TITLE/ACCIDENTS: Car has a clean title, but has been in one accident; I spun it in the rain and damaged the rear bumper. Car was repaired by the Acura body shop in Cedar Park; while there, I paid out of pocket to repaint the entire rest of the car instead of match/blend (also eliminated rock chips etc.)

MAINTENANCE: All maintenance except for the Tbelt and transmission changes have been performed by me since I owned the car (previous person took it to dealership). I'm pretty experienced with autos and the NSX in particular (2 in my family, 4 on my block). New (< 8 months) Optima red-top battery. New top of the line 3M tint.

MODS: A number of common/clean mods are included. All stock parts are also included, and I mean all. :) Only the factory headers would be hard to re-install. And I've got the NSX engine bay work cover, car cover, 2 bras, ... All kinds of stuff, really. What follows is a basic list; there are other small details that I can mention via email if you're interested (careful if you get me talking...)

Suspension - Tein RA coilovers, 10/10 spring rates, Dali sway bars (rear removed, but present)

Brakes - New factory Honda brake lines installed, ATE SuperBlue fluid (have extra fluid, NSX T-bleeder tool, switch for ABS pump), Dali Brake Air Deflectors

Wheels - SSR Competition rims, 17/18, 215 front, 255 rear. Wheels are overall 8 pounds lighter than stock 15/16 (which I have)

Exhaust - Comptech headers, new O2 sensors, cat bypass pipes (not installed), 1st gen Tubi exhaust (modified to fit perfectly and not leave exhaust stains on bumper)

Intake - Cantrell AIS (side vent scoop), K&N filter (not installed), bored throttle body, polished intake manifold

Fuel - I replaced the old fuel pump with a Walbro 255HP fuel pump, and then installed a 1:1 fuel pressure regulator (blue)

Transmission : 5 speed manual, Short gears, Type R R&P installed. Second stage light flywheel and new clutch installed (SOS)

Cosmetic - Gruppe M shift knob (was my Mom's), Honda airbag, Honda tail lights (note the darker red and amber turn signals) and front badge. Dali black aluminum coolant overflow. Carbing aluminum strut tower bar (lighter than stock). Shorter powered antenna, new floor mats

The Good: This NSX is clean and in great mechanical shape (great, but not perfect). I loved this NSX (you can ask Ojas, David, Matt, and a bunch of other Central TX NSXers) and treated it as best as I could. I performed the maintenance myself because I trusted myself to do a better job. When I put my lug nuts on, I use a torque wrench. When something went wrong, I fixed it. Climate control computer - replaced with new, twice. Speaker amps - replaced with new. Trunk and engine bay struts - replaced with new. When the interior panels started to peel on the top edge, I flew to ERZ Cars in Brooklyn and bought replacement interior pieces. Car was garaged whenever possible (especially at work). This NSX was *never* revved when cold since I took ownership. Car was not tracked nor abused. I dumped the clutch twice, both times before I had it replaced with a new clutch in Phoenix, and never since. When I wanted gear work done, I drove it 1100 miles to Phoenix and back to go with Mark Basch (at the time, one of the top 2 techs in the US). Oh, and my devotion to "weight savings" (it's become my motto, right behind a "Brian shortcut"), this car was around 2750 with a 1/4 tank of gas, before the lighter headers were installed. Car still runs very smoothly (better than the other NSXs I have been in recently), accelerates smoothly, shifts well, stops better.

The Bad: This car is ... 18 years old, almost. No way around that. And it's got reasonable (even low) mileage for it's age. But there are items - the leather on the driver's side bolster is splitting again (I replaced it when it happened before, but they did a poor job) - I would go with new leather from leatherseats.com (get in on the next group buy). ABS - the ABS light is on, and I haven't had the time to try and flush it with the bleed tool and the switch I made. There are a couple of rocks chips on the front, and the windows are slow to go down (I would clean the tracks - I haven't as my hands are too big).

The Reason: So why am I selling this and not keeping it as my only car? It's a damn good question, and I have been losing sleep on this decision. Just over two years ago I moved into an apartment here in Austin, where the car was garaged. But I didn't feel comfortable doing a long commute in traffic in the NSX, so I bought a 2nd car (Mini Cooper S) for commuting. With my long work hours, and changing priorities, I wasn't spending time with the NSX. After awhile I stopped the insurance to save costs (my new lifestyle wasn't cheap) and the car spent a lot of time stationary. I would start it and drive it around the block, but I wasn't using it regularly. I still wanted to keep it. Then, 5 months ago, I bought my first condo. In downtown Austin. With a single parking spot. So now the NSX is back at my parent's house (keeping my Mom's 1991 black/black company), and not being used. It bothers me, I still want the car, but realistically I will be living here for another few years, and I get 1 parking spot. It's stupid for me to try and store a car for 5 years until I get a house with a garage (if I even decide to leave downtown). It's just not practical anymore.

I've been putting off making this post now for over 2 years. It's time for me to share and let someone else enjoy this *AMAZING* car that I just can't enjoy enough anymore. I want this car to go to someone that I can trust, someone that will enjoy it and care for it. Maybe not as much as I cared for it, but someone that will respect it.

My time and experiences on this forum have been my best online experiences. Folks that have been here awhile know what I'm talking about. I trust and respect my fellow owners more than most people I meet. The car is only one piece; NSXPrime brings a lot to the ownership experience. And the members here complete it.

Please feel free to contact me, Brian, via PM, phone (512-659-2424), or email ([email protected]). I think that David, Ojas, and the other Austin NSXers would be willing to offer input on the car, take it for a test ride, etc.

Photos - The first 18 are photos from this last weekend (note the lack of rain in the shots) - the other 7 are photos from earlier, an Austin Oasis NSX meet (my NSX is hidden behind the folks), a shot at a boat ramp (I am far left), a shot with 5 NSXs at Suzanne's house (I am far left). The blurry shot is a motion shot from an MR2 Rally in Alabama in 2000; that was shot as I was passing my friend Winston in his MR2 left-handed while going down the highway. I had to include that shot, that was amazing (from a disposable camera, no less).

Attachments

• NSX-1.jpg
    NSX-1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 581
  • NSX-2.jpg
    NSX-2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 637
  • NSX-3.jpg
    NSX-3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 332
  • NSX-4.jpg
    NSX-4.jpg