• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1993 MR2 N/A 5- speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD

Price: $4900
VIN: JT2SW21NXP0019297
Mileage: 192850

For sale is my 1993 Toyota MR2 N/A 5-speed manual transmission. This car gets more attention today than when I bought it. I tend to be a little long-winded, but want to be as detailed with the car as possible. I bought it from the first owner back in 2002 with 12,000 miles on it, and it has been my daily driver ever since. Prior to owning it, I had a 1991 MR2 for 5 years, replacing it with a brand new MR2 Spyder in 2000. I currently own another MR2 (1988), and my 1991 NSX. In a word, I am an avid MR2/Japanese/mid-engined car enthusiast. I am 46 years old, and take a lot of pride in my cars. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Reason for selling...time to move on after 13 years as my daily driver...plus I got a deal on an 08 Miata I could not pass up. If I had the garage space, I would not be selling it.

A bit about the car...she has 192,850 (as of today) miles. It has never been raced or abused in any way. The only "accident" history on it is my best friends wife backed into the front bumper a couple of years ago in their driveway which put a minor scratch on the bumper. The bumper was repaired and repainted. Back in 2007 I had the bumper, hood, and front fenders repainted just because of rock chips and general wear over time. During this time, I had some rust repaired around the A-pillar (common issue with t-top cars). The windshield was replaced at this time, as the original cracked when the bodyshop removed it to work on the A-pillar. Since then, the rust has come back, as I was told it probably would. There is some slight rust on the bottom of the drivers side door. It consumes no oil nor does it smoke at start-up. T-tops and seals are great with no leaks. The battery is just a couple years old. Heat is hot, A/C is cold.

Last year, there started to be an oil leak. Given the age of the vehicle, I knew it probably needed seals, gaskets and the whole bit. I had a new head gasket, all seals, belts, oil and water pump replaced. New wires, plugs and distrubutor. New timing belt and fluids. While in the shop, it was recommended to change the clutch while it was apart. It had the original clutch, which gives you an idea how well I treated the car. Brakes are fairly new, and even has a new emergency brake cable (common issue with the MR2.) I just had a new OEM muffler and flex pipe installed as well. All work was either done at a my local Toyota dealership or my Acura dealership (they have a former Toyota tech that is great with MR2's.) Starter and alternator is just a couple years old.

It does have some slight modifications which are as follows:
It has the 1994/95 taillight upgrade and clear turn signal lenses. Tein coilovers (back) and HR coilovers in the front. The front Tein's needed replaced, so I decided to go with HR's the next time around. Because the backs are still operating fine, I did not install the rear H&R's, but do have them still new in the box. They come with the sale of the car. I have staggered aftermarked Ronal wheels (16" front, 17" back) with sport tires, all with good tread-life. The wheels are in good shape, but could probably use a fresh coat of paint. I also have the factory 15" wheels with nearly-new Nitto snow/winter tires, which are included with the sale of the car. This car plows through the snow with snow tires. I had the cloth interior replaced with leather a few years ago. The door inserts were also replaced with leather. It has an aftermarket Alpine stereo and an Empeg mp3 player in the dash, two JL amps, JL door speakers, and two 8" bazooka tubes. This is absolutely an amazing sounding stereo system given the size of the cabin. The alpine deck will need replaced at some point, as I occasionally have to tap the unit with my finger to get it to come on or after I hit a bump in the road.

What the car needs/concerns:
Power antenna motor is broken. It needs a new shift-boot as it started tearing this year and I never got around to replacing it. It could probably use a 4-wheel alignment as it has been a couple of years. Overall, the condition of the paint is solid for a car of this age. When the paint is properly clay-barred, buffed with an orbital to reduce swirls, and waxed, from a few feet away it is remarkable given the age. With this said, the paint is far from perfect. The rust around the a-pillar and bottom of the door should be addressed if you are concerned with the cosmetics of it. Window tint is in good shape (no fading), but the right side small window will need re-tinted at some point. Interior is in amazing condition given the age. Title is in hand with no liens. All service records available.

I am in no hurry to sell the car, so only reasonable offers will be considered. Let me know if you have any questions.

Click the thumbnails below for images:

DSC09567.jpgDSC09539.jpgDSC09543.jpgDSC09546.jpgDSC09551.jpgDSC09553.jpgDSC09554.jpg
DSC09558.jpgDSC09561.jpgDSC09563.jpgDSC09564.jpgDSC09565.jpgDSC09568.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back