• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1994 NSX Black/Black 114k Miles JHNA1159RT000107

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEAR & MODEL (NSX or NSX-T): 1994 NSX Coupe
FULL VIN #: JH4NA1159RT000107
CURRENT MILEAGE: 114,000
COLOR (EXT/INT): Berlina black / black
TRANSMISSION: 5-speed
LOCATION OF VEHICLE (CITY/STATE): San Jose, California
CONTACT VIA (E-mail, PM, phone number, etc.): PM ok
PRICE (MUST STATE A PRICE, IS IT FIRM OR OBO?): $ 27,000 OBO.

Summary:
It makes me very sad to think of parting with this car, but here goes. I've had the car for a little over 2 years and it's been a great ownership experience. The car has been very reliable and I have treated it well. Only the best in fluids, and I do all my own work so I can learn and make sure it's done properly. It's never frustrated me or left me hanging out in the cold. The transmission shifts nicely and the engine runs fantastically. The car starts up without problems even after sitting for a couple of weeks. The engine and drivetrain have never been modified. Only cosmetic mods as described below. The steering is nice and tight, no slop, no wandering. The suspension still feels great with no weird noises or anything out of the ordinary. The interior is clean and in very good condition. The exterior is pretty good considering its age, but not great. It sure looks good when it's clean though! I am confident this car will give you a very smooth ownership for many years to come. You could pick it up and drive it cross-country and not have to worry.

Additional Information:

NUMBER OF OWNERS: 4

CLEAN TITLE? Yes. Title is currently held by my bank due to financing, so please be prepared to wait a few days for delivery of the title after payment is made.

CLEAN CARFAX? Yes. I purchased a report 9/25/2012 and I would be happy to share it with you.

SMOG? Passed 9/25/2012. Certificate #OQ436238 is good for 90 days for the new owner's registration.

HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS? No

HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK? Yes
  • Front bumper cover was removed for repaint 7/2001 at Sturken Auto Body Repairs, San Jose CA.

PAINT/BODYWORK Outstanding Issues:
  • A small-ish dent on the hood up near the passenger fender, and small related damage on the fender. It's actually not that noticeable but should be repaired or replaced at some point. Good time to get that carbon fiber hood!
  • Front end has a lot of rock chips. I filled in what I could with touch-up paint, but it is still noticeable up close. Suggest a re-spray at some point if perfection is desired.
  • Rear bumper cover has a dull spot. Not sure what the issue is but it's about 6 inches long where the paint is not shiny anymore and can't really be polished up. It's on the top surface so it's noticeable if you're looking down at the back bumper area.
  • Right quarter panel has a small light spot that looks like buffer burn-through. About 2 inches in diameter. It's noticeable from certain angles up close.
  • Minor paint blemishes here and there. Some scuffs on the bottom surfaces of the side skirts and rear valence. It's what I would consider normal wear-and-tear for a car with 114k miles.

MAINTENANCE HISTORY & DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION?
Documented history in the form of old receipts:
  • 15k service performed 11/1995 at Acura of Mountain View.
  • 30k service performed 7/1997 at Sunnyvale Acura. Included warranty work: replaced passenger window regulator.
  • Passenger seat replaced 10/1997 at Sunnyvale Acura.
  • 60k service performed 4/2001 at Hill Top Auto Service in Daly City, CA.

DIY maintenance that I performed after taking ownership in 2010: (I have some parts receipts)
  • 4/2012: Timing belt, water pump, lower timing belt cover, alternator belt, A/C belt, fuel filter, spark plugs, 23 coolant hoses, thermostat, valve cover gaskets, K&N air filter.
  • 7/2012: Replaced passenger side CV joint boots with new OEM boot kits.
  • 6/2011: Replaced steering rack ends and tie-rods with new boots as well. Alignment performed at Suspension Performance in Mountain View.
  • 4/2011: New oil pan gasket. Installed STMPO oil pan baffle at this time.
  • 5/2011: Re-greased both side window tracks and installed Hugo's window regulator pulley upgrade on the driver's side.
  • 3/2011: Installed powerslot slotted rotors at each corner.
  • New trunk struts and engine hatch glass struts.
  • New tail light gaskets.
  • 8/2011: BrianK fixed my climate control unit. Common issue with the A/C only blowing on HIGH.
  • 2010: New ignition switch.

CURRENT CONDITION OF WEARABLES INCL. TIRES, BRAKES, BELTS, HOSES, SUSPENSION COMPONENTS AND FLUIDS
  • Tires: Kumho Ecsta XS in stock sizes 215/45-16 and 245/40-17. Tread remaining is about 35% front and 25% rear.
  • Brakes: Hawk HPS ~ 75% pad material remaining. 4,000 miles on pads. Powerslot slotted rotors in good condition.
  • Belts: All belts replaced 4/2012. 2,000 miles ago.
  • Hoses: 23 coolant hoses replaced 4/2012. 2,000 miles ago.
  • Suspension: Original equipment, good condition.
  • Fluids: Coolant: flushed/replaced 4/2012. Brake fluid: ATE Super Blue, about 1 year old. Engine oil: Amsoil Signature Series 100% synthetic 10W-30, replaced 4/2012, 2,000 miles ago. Manual transmission fluid: Honda MTL replaced 4/2011, 7,000 miles ago.
  • CV joints: Re-packed and re-booted passenger side CV joints with new Honda boot kits 7/2012, 1,000 miles ago.
  • Fuel filter: Replaced 4/2012. 2,000 miles ago.
  • Air filter: Replaced with K&N 4/2012. 2,000 miles ago.
  • Steering rack ends and tie-rods: Replaced 6/2011. 5,000 miles ago.

MODS

ISSUES (no car is perfect!)
  • Power mirror switch doesn't function. I disassembled the switched and cleaned the contacts. It worked when I had the door panel off, but after re-installing the door panel it didn't work again.
  • A couple of rock chips in the windshield. I did a repair but they are still noticeable.
  • Cruise control doesn't always work. Sometimes it shuts off while driving after hitting a bump in the road.
  • Paint / body imperfections (see PAINT/BODYWORK section at the top).
  • The wheels are a little scratched up.

Here are a couple of my threads that document some of the work I've done to the car:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164678&highlight=leatherseats.com
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163747&highlight=sylvan
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159838&highlight=sylvan

PICS OF EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR (MORE THE BETTER)
IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg