• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"1995 was the last year the NSX’s were hand built"

Quote is from:

"This NSX Targa is as good as it gets! Whether you are looking for an exotic cruiser or want to win 1st place at the car show, look no further. In fact, there were only 160 black on black 5 speed manual NSX’s sold in the US in 1995 so look no further. 1995 was the last year the NSX’s were hand built and the first year the targa top was available. This is the nicest Acura NSX on the market, period. "
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NSX-...255515&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&forcev4exp=true

what's that all about?

Quote is from:
1995 was the last year the NSX’s were hand built ...
what's that all about?
Malarkey! (that ad...) :D

The only notable change for the '91-'05 NSX models assembly was the location, shifting from the Tochigi plant to the Suzuka plant for the '04-'05 models.

Last edited:
Malarkey! (that ad...) :D

The only notable change for the '91-'05 NSX models assembly was the location, shifting from the Tochigi plant to the Suzuka plant for the '04-'05 models.
Correct. Note that they switched over partway through production of the 2004 model year, so some '04 NSXs were built at Tochigi, others at Suzuka.

What's weird about this is that the owner seems to really believe it is true. He has a video along with the posting and he repeats it there. I am just wondering where in the world he would get that idea as it is pretty odd.

I think his price, if all is totally up to snuff on maintenance, is pretty close. Looks like a nice example on the surface. The rest about it being the last model hand made as others have said - malarky! Personally I don't like the black wheels but that's easily fixed. Not much other info about what has been done, etc.

boy does he have it wrong........the 93 like mine was the last year......and it came from the factory with 500 HP.....

Somehow I doubt they randomly decided in 1995 to build a bunch of robots to automate the production of 200 cars a year.
I would imagine it would cost more to setup the robots than they made in profit from the next 10 years of NSX sales combined.

I must say... I read that quote... Talked to the owner and his wife... And actually repeated that " fact"... Thankfully not to someone who cared ... Yipes

Now it seems silly... Why would they invest millions in robots to build just a few cars

That aside... Talking to the owners... It sounded like a nice car.... It was my " back up car" in I didn't buy the red 95 I did last october

Back