• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1BADNSX black NSX spotted

JaguarXJ6 said:
I saw you drivin' that bad boy in the rain between Las Virgenes and Valley Circle on the 101 South around 3:30 today. Well done! ;)

Sunny

That was titaniumdave driving his newly purchased NSX (from Craig) back to Portland, Oregon! Dave, please drive safe and congrats!!!!
John :biggrin:

WIRTurn4.jpg

4049Rt_Rear-med.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like titaniumdave was going the wrong way! :tongue:

Craig has to make good on his promise now to get a track car so he can come out and play! :smile:

Hey Eric- How have you been?? It's nice to keep in touch, and this is probably one of the best online communities going! Still have a lot of fun every once in awhile with some of the oldtimers at the Dali Pahrump & Prime Cyn Drive events every so often. John might convince me to bring the little racecar to the next autocross if I have someone to race against...maybe Ross who also has the same type of car. Love to still hang out and have fun, it was just that the NSX no longer fit the bill for me either on the street or the track :frown: She has gone to a good home, like apparently Craig's car has. Im sure he will still be around. He needs to get to the track every once in awhile for stress relief! Right Craig?? :) Ill make sure to keep bugging him until he gets a cheap racecar...he still has a little work to do to beat me around Willow Springs! :biggrin: Maybe we can finally organize that long-awaited NSX open track event that we have been kicking around for a couple of years! Ill bet that a number of our autocrossers are ready to take it to the next level! Id be game to help out and or instruct, or just hang w/ y'all! Gimme a shout!

Later

Marc

Do you and/or Craig have any Mammoth plans this season? We've already booked the weekends we plan to go (our next four day trip starts on Friday, January 21), but it would be cool to hook up with you guys if you're up there during one of those weekends. PM me...

NSXTC said:
Maybe we can finally organize that long-awaited NSX open track event that we have been kicking around for a couple of years! Ill bet that a number of our autocrossers are ready to take it to the next level! Id be game to help out and or instruct, or just hang w/ y'all! Gimme a shout!

Later

Marc

Hey Marc,

I'm actually kicking around the idea of going to the big willow track event hosted by Speedventures towards the end of this month. Do you have plan to attend? I think a few NSXers (Ken, Ryan...) are going to be there also.

I wonder how many of the autocrossers are ready for the track.

Pahrump was a blast. Can't wait for the next one on 4/30. I think that this time we are going to be using the new track extention. It should be fun.

Eric,

I just got back from Mammoth 4 days ago and as you may know already, the skiing condition was just perfect on Wednesday, the last day we were there. The first 3 days we were there, we gone a ton of snow. Driving around town on chains was a pain though. Have fun!

CDub said:
The first 3 days we were there, we gone a ton of snow. Driving around town on chains was a pain though. Have fun!

AWESOME!

I'm glad I didn't try to go last weekend...sounded like they received TOO much snow and had to close a lot of lifts. I'm hoping they get another round of snow before we head up.

Hey guys, I'll still be hanging around while I wait for my Z06 to arrive. :wink:

Eric, I just cancelled our Mammoth trip last night. We were supposed to be there starting Sun the 23rd!! I think we are planning on going some time in Feb now.

Marc, "A little work" is the key word here. Don't worry though, I'll keep quiet on the beating I handed out when we went Karting a couple of weeks ago.. :biggrin:

Craig said:
Hey guys, I'll still be hanging around while I wait for my Z06 to arrive. :wink: :

You might be back once you see the caliber of people that post on vette forums.

Craig said:
...... I'll keep quiet on the beating I handed out when we went Karting a couple of weeks ago.. :biggrin:
Ha! Still talkin' smack even with nothing to drive now!!! :tongue: Repeat after me, I Gotta get a track car..... i gotta get a track car....! :biggrin: I can just see Craig doing the corvette "lifestyle" thing. He'll be all into the LS1 vs LS6 "debate", buying lots of chrome and urethane dress-up stuff for his ZO6, and generally being one of those "vette guys" who doesnt know how to drive, but wears a cool corvette leather jacket and likes to sit is his lazy-boy telling his kids about his "racing career" and how he barely edged out his buddy Marc once by blocking in turn 7 when we were driving a pair of beat up old Jim Hall sprint karts when he had an 80 lb weight advantage over me! LOL! smack! :eek: :biggrin: Come on buddy, I know of a nice PRO-7 car you can buy for less than what you spent on your NSX supercharger, come do some real racing with us!!! :) You know you wanna :cool:

Hey Chris- Im getting my car ready for Fontana on 2/5. That's our first event of the season, so it's doubtful id be able to make it to Willow Springs. What we need to do is plan an event (or plan to piggyback on an existing event) several months in advance. Maybe sometime in June would be good (although it can get a bit hot out there). The Streets of Willow might be more appropriate for a first time event rather than the big track. Even better, it looks like speedventures has an event June 18th & 19th at California Speedway!

http://www.speedventures.net/2005_Schedule.asp

That could be just the ticket! That's a great track if you have never driven it, you will have a lot of fun there! A great facility! I think we have a March autocross planned for this year? Maybe we can give the winner of both the touring and modified class each a free entry to the track event?

Eric- check your PM re: Skiing

Last edited:
ANYTIME said:
That was titaniumdave driving his newly purchased NSX (from Craig) back to Portland, Oregon! Dave, please drive safe and congrats!!!!
QUOTE]

Made it back to Portland in one piece! Thanks Craig and I must say this is one well sorted car! Picked it up Saturday afternoon, drove to Willow Springs that afternoon and slid around with Speedventures on the Streets of Willows, Sunday in the rain. I was laughing out loud splashing through the standing water on the skid pad, got to do a 90 degree spin, all before I had the car 24 hours. :biggrin: That's the way it should always be! Big fun and I can't wait till it dries out and I can get some R compounds on the car and really see what it will do.

Picture perfect drive Monday back north, sun shining through the passes, no need to even install the tire cables that were tucked in my trunk(I didn't even know they made 275/40-17 cables!). Looks like I need to update my signature!

Yahoo! Back in the saddle!

NSXTC said:
Hey Chris- Im getting my car ready for Fontana on 2/5. That's our first event of the season, so it's doubtful id be able to make it to Willow Springs. What we need to do is plan an event (or plan to piggyback on an existing event) several months in advance. Maybe sometime in June would be good (although it can get a bit hot out there). The Streets of Willow might be more appropriate for a first time event rather than the big track. Even better, it looks like speedventures has an event June 18th & 19th at California Speedway!

http://www.speedventures.net/2005_Schedule.asp

That could be just the ticket! That's a great track if you have never driven it, you will have a lot of fun there! A great facility! I think we have a March autocross planned for this year? Maybe we can give the winner of both the touring and modified class each a free entry to the track event?

With Taj's invitation, I'm getting warmed up to the idea of heading out to the fastest track in the west. Too bad you can't make it. Cal Speedway should be fun too. I gave up the fan lap for a VIP pass during JGTC because I didn't see the need to drive through the track at 25mph. May be I can do it in June.

We may have a better chance to plan an NSX track event at the next Pahrump event in April. Previous events always have over 10 NSXs there already. I'd say that it is as fun and safe as Streets of Willow. July in Rosamond will be pretty toasty but Pahrump is a bit farther away and requires to stay over night. Tried to leave OC at 4am, do the track day and returned home by 10pm and it is not something I want to do again.

Hmmm...Pahrump on 4/30 might just work out.

Info here:

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/info/events/track_11_15_01/index.cfm

It is a bit of a haul compared to Cal Speedway of course but the weather should certainly be much nicer in April vs June.

...maybe we can get some of the old gang together, even those who are not dedicated track rats and just want to get their feet wet. Have fun at Big Willow and remember to dress warmly and in layers. It's colder than a witch's you-know-what out there in the mornings during winter!

titaniumdave - congrats on your purchase! It's a great car and almost as fast as mine was (or maybe that was just the driver all that time!) LOL! :biggrin: That supercharger used to be on my car...it's a very unique piece, probably one of only 8 or 10 ever made. Shad at Comptech once told me that "you don't want to know" how much it cost to hand fabricate that unit. Enjoy!

and generally being one of those "vette guys" who doesnt know how to drive, but wears a cool corvette leather jacket and likes to sit is his lazy-boy telling his kids about his "racing career"

Marc, Gaud that's an ugly picture!!! :eek: You crack me up though....Geesh, I hope there aren't any vette people lurking around here. :tongue:

Hey Guys- I will be at Pahrump on 4/30! Maybe we won't hit any snow this time.

Marc and Craig-Greg Strang said he smoked both of you guys Karting last time. When are you guys gonna come and run the 125's with Jon Martin and myself?

Mark Stepp

Craig said:
and generally being one of those "vette guys" who doesnt know how to drive, but wears a cool corvette leather jacket and likes to sit is his lazy-boy telling his kids about his "racing career"

Marc, Gaud that's an ugly picture!!! :eek: You crack me up though....Geesh, I hope there aren't any vette people lurking around here. :tongue:

Craig, I don't think you have enough hair on your back to fit into the vette crowd. The lack of gold necklace and gold watch doesn't help either. You may as well hang around in this forum instead. :wink:

About a year ago, I was minding my own business driving on Jamboree in Newport beach and this blue C5 Z06 came up next to me for a couple of seconds and gunned it. It was so fast that I didn't even bother to try to catch him. Those cars are fast!

Sounds like we have some serious "bench racing" going on here! :smile:

Sounds like Mark, Greg, and Craig are going to have to rent racecars and come out one day to get this thing settled! :biggrin:

http://www.sevensonly.com/RX-7_rental.htm

Actually, I suggested this to Craig today. You can rent a racecar for the SCCA driver school at Streets of Willow Feb 26/27. Essentially, it's about 3 hrs of supervised, open-passing free track session each day, with some minimal instruction (mostly observation). This will get you about halfway towards a racing license, plus be a lot of fun! Ill be racing at Big Willow that same weekend, so we can all hang out together. The rental is around $1,200 all inclusive, arrive and drive if I recall. The School is something like $200 or so.

These guys can answer all the questions and make it all happen:

http://www.sevensonly.com/

It will be the most driving and the most fun you have ever had! Better action (open passing) and much more seat time than a regular open track event, and you can try out a PRO-7 RX-7 racecar like mine to see what that's all about. Plus, after the weekend is over (if you graduate), you will earn the right to race wheel-to-wheel under a novice license. ......something to think about at least.

...............or, we can just do the 125cc karts, provided of course that we ballast the skinny guys down so that we all weigh the same this time! :tongue:

Marc-
2/26 and 2/27 sounds cool, but I have one of my busiest work weekends of the year at that time(little show called the Oscar's). Do they do this kind of school on other dates? Oh Yeah, I'm sending a can of dayglo yellow spray paint your way. You got new graphics for this year?
Craig and Mark-
I think we are shifter Karting next weekend at Moran or LaGrange. Let me know if you guys are up for it.

NSX-Ster said:
Hey Guys- I will be at Pahrump on 4/30! Maybe we won't hit any snow this time.
Mark Stepp

Last April we had low 80's day time high. If it is anything like last year's, the weather should be ideal.

The SCCA puts on drivers schools twice a year. The second one will be May 21-22 at Buttonwillow. Here’s the SCCA calendar:

http://www.calclub.com/maincalendar2005js.htm

One of the problems with the SCCA is that it’s not easy for a newbie to get involved. For instance, there is not much info out there regarding the schools, when they are held, and what they entail. This is why you almost have to know someone who is already doing it, or go through 7’s Only, who bring a lot of newbies into the sport.

Bring the spray paint on! There is something very cool about being able to fix your own body work with a hammer and spray paint! :) Nice not to have to worry about nicks and dings at the track!!

Same paint scheme as last year: just a bit more spray paint here and there!:

http://www.calclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=150

We’ll get together on the track some time this year, weather it be Pahrump, SCCA, or karts!

Later!

Marc

Back